Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   5968 views

Description

Hi I was not sure if Perfect Skulls also count as
Perfect Gems
when doing trades. am fairly new player so would love for someone to answer this for me. tysm <3

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi I was not sure if Perfect Skulls also count as
Perfect Gems
when doing trades. am fairly new player so would love for someone to answer this for me. tysm <3

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Yes and no.

Primarily,
Perfect Gems
are desired either for cubing over and over (magic + 3 p. gems) or for crafting (specific gems).
(Some more specific recipes exist and are used but they account for realistically only a fraction of the gem trading...things like upgrading uniques/sets)

In the first case, skulls work just fine and are equivalent to
Perfect Gems
. In the case of crafting however, the requirements are gem-specific and generally don't involve skulls. Though not all crafting recipes are created equal/of interest to many.

As a result, certain gems (especially amethysts and to a lesser extent rubies) are more valuable than others but as you get to the "bottom value gems", they're effectively the same as skulls as they, too are mostly only used for cubing.
Hi! Since d2r I never met anyone who didn't accept skulls. If I remember correctly with legacy there sometimes was an issue - now there isn't.
yes they do. they belong to gem family. recipes with "any gem" ingridient prove that.

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.
They sure do. Also note that
Perfect Amethyst
and
Perfect Ruby
are worth more than other
Perfect Gems
since they're used for crafting. You'd want to hold on to those as currency or to use in crafting yourself.

For instance, currently about 15
Perfect Amethyst
are worth
Ist
and 25-30
Perfect Ruby
are worth
Ist
, which is typically considered the "baseline" rune currency.
Ist
is kind of like "1 dollar". About 40
Perfect Gems
are worth the same.

Edit: You can check the trade history for each gem or rune from its item page to get an idea of the approximate current market value. Make sure to filter for hardcore/softcore and ladder/non-ladder, as the values are different for different game modes (and especially can vary for Ladder considering the falloff from the time when a new season starts).

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
OP
Thank you very much for the replies, I appreciate it everyone!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...