Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   6175 views

Description

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get my head around different cube recipes for changing quality and adding sockets.

I found a solid Superior
Akaran Rondache
in Tower 5 (area lvl 79) and I thought I'd use it for Sanctuary runeword in case I'm able to give it just 3 sockets.

Considering the ilvl,
Larzuk
would add 4 sockets as far as I understand so that is a no go. I tried the recipe that upgrades a low quality item into normal item which should set the ilvl=1, but apparently it doesn't work for my superior
Rondache
(well I guess because it's not low quality).

Is there any possible way to get those 3 sockets "guaranteed", or do I simply need to try the socketing recipe on the item as it is, where there's high chance it would end up with 4 sockets due to its current ilvl?

Thanks

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get my head around different cube recipes for changing quality and adding sockets.

I found a solid Superior
Akaran Rondache
in Tower 5 (area lvl 79) and I thought I'd use it for Sanctuary runeword in case I'm able to give it just 3 sockets.

Considering the ilvl,
Larzuk
would add 4 sockets as far as I understand so that is a no go. I tried the recipe that upgrades a low quality item into normal item which should set the ilvl=1, but apparently it doesn't work for my superior
Rondache
(well I guess because it's not low quality).

Is there any possible way to get those 3 sockets "guaranteed", or do I simply need to try the socketing recipe on the item as it is, where there's high chance it would end up with 4 sockets due to its current ilvl?

Thanks

Socketing recipe doesn't work on superior items.
So no, there isn't really any way.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
OP
Well, ok then. Thanks for the quick reply!

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
What do you want to make requiring 3os ?
Most common options are Exile and Spirit and both need 4 os.

If it's for Dream using a non Elite base is probably a bit sad.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

ShadowHeart 1751Moderator

Europe PC
He said he wanted to use it for Sanctuary (
Ko
+
Ko
+
Mal
), which has a large amount of resistances - in a +res Pally shield you can get over 100 to all resistances in total. It also has bonuses to blocking (both chance and rate), FHR and dex, making it an excellent defensive choice IMHO.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
I'd like to make Sanctuary exactly for the reasons ShadowHeart listed here. Obviously if I can get e.g.
Sacred Targe
later that would be nice, but who knows when that happens and using this one in the meantime would be still alright.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Stopar wrote: 1 year ago
I tried the recipe that upgrades a low quality item into normal item which should set the ilvl=1
Using that recipe reroll the item natural mod, and because it set the ilvl to 1, the availables mods are the weakest possible.

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Sorry, must be blind, missed that it was for Sanctuary indeed, my bad. :)

However, if you have a decent shield (typically 40+ all res) and get 4 sockets on it through
Larzuk
, you can also consider using Spirit, the +2 skills is always pleasant anyway. Not what you wanted for sure, but could be an interesting alternative.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
OP
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
Stopar wrote: 1 year ago
I tried the recipe that upgrades a low quality item into normal item which should set the ilvl=1
Using that recipe reroll the item natural mod, and because it set the ilvl to 1, the availables mods are the weakest possible.
Thanks for the note, good to know.
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Sorry, must be blind, missed that it was for Sanctuary indeed, my bad. :)

However, if you have a decent shield (typically 40+ all res) and get 4 sockets on it through
Larzuk
, you can also consider using Spirit, the +2 skills is always pleasant anyway. Not what you wanted for sure, but could be an interesting alternative.
Yes, Spirit is probably what I would end up doing in such case but Sanctuary is indeed the preferred option. Looks like I either need to trade it or try the lottery. Thanks

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Sorry, what lottery ? The recipe to add sockets does not work on Superior items neither so I don't think you can do that with that shield, pretty sure.

Annihilus
Sanctuary is nice, but I'd wait for an elite shield to use. And the plus res is nice but it's probably going to be Overkill once you get anni, torch, charms, amulet etc.
I have 6 paladin leveled up to 80+ since d2r launched, just used Rhyme on them all when 3 or 4 socket shields didn't drop (or didn't roll 3 or 4)
When they did roll 3, I used ancients pledge. Only used Spirit for buff swap or hammer pally, until I got
Herald Of Zakarum
for +4
Holy Shield
. (5 hoz dropped seriously, 3 ladder & 1 was
Eth
that got traded for an
Arachnid Mesh
and a
Stone of Jordan
) also looted 4 different 4 socket
Eth
elite shields, 1
Sacred Targe
43res , 2
Sacred Rondache
43 and 39 res, 1 kurast 43 res.
Your milage may vary of course.

Hit me up If you want a free Rhyme elite, I have a few, maybe
Sacred Targe
, all my spare are 65 to 70 all res. Have a few 3 socket shields too if you're stubborn but I can't do free free. ;) if you were ladder I'd drop you an anni, I'm low on non ladder.

Psn/pc ladder/non ladder. Sc.
if res is ur goal 4 pdiamonds + inherent res can give you up to 123...

Europe PC
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
Sure, that's a cheap way to get res, but Sanctuary also adds other defensive bonuses that saves a lot of points in Dexterity if one is going for max block. Sanctuary is also cheap, who doesn't have an extra
Mal
(or several) by now? It's not like there's an
Ohm
Lo
Ber
or
Jah
on the line here :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
Sure, that's a cheap way to get res, but Sanctuary also adds other defensive bonuses that saves a lot of points in Dexterity if one is going for max block. Sanctuary is also cheap, who doesn't have an extra
Mal
(or several) by now? It's not like there's an
Ohm
Lo
Ber
or
Jah
on the line here :)

That's not really a lot of points, and you'll end up using some of that to make up for using a 45%
Akaran Rondache
VS
Sacred Rondache
's 58%.

Dexterity increases your Attack Rating, your chance to Block, and your Defense Rating.

I'm not saying don't make it... I plan on doing it myself sometime.
But there are other options that have similar benefits, such as
Herald Of Zakarum
(gilded, but upgradable to zakarum). It gives skills, high block chance , +20 strength +20 vitality, +2 pally skills +2 combat skills, attack rating..... It really is nice.

Like I said, at the very least I'm suggesting an elite shield with good block. Not going to beat a dead horse, I offered my help I. The end its completely up to you what you do with your character and its items etc. :)

Europe PC
My post was in response to krathkor's suggestion of a shield with 4 PDiamonds, I assumed in the same base. I didn't say Sanctuary was better than
Herald Of Zakarum
, I would very much favor an upgraded
Herald Of Zakarum
myself, I've just been arguing the benefits of Sanctuary in general and vs 4 PDiamonds. I'm also not the OP, the OP hasn't responded since your previous post (when you first mentioned HoZ). You'll get no argument from me concerning Sanctuary vs HoZ or vs using a better base, I agree with you... :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...