Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   3148 views

Are there any items in Diablo 2 non-expansion that are impossible to obtain in expansion?

No data yet

Description

I wonder if it would be possible to get some good rare item in D2 expansion, then upgrade the char to LoD to bring the good stuff there. :D
Description by louner

Can be used to make Runewords:

louner 197

Europe PC
I wonder if it would be possible to get some good rare item in D2 expansion, then upgrade the char to LoD to bring the good stuff there. :D

Bisu 369

PC
As far as I know, if you think of the items in a game as a set, then the Set of LoD is bigger and includes the Set of D2 non-expansion. I cannot think of anything that is non-expansion only but yet transferrable to LoD.

Schnorki 3184Moderator

PC
I'm 99.9% inclined to agree.

There's items that are far easier to obtain in classic that are worth farming there to convert to exp for trading value but I can't think of anything that you can get in classic that you can't get in exp at all.
@louner, there are several items in classic (early patches) that were redesigned as part of LoD? In a sense they're no longer obtainable. Like, the item exists by name, but it's a kind of different item.

Irrelevant I think to the suggestion in your OP, but maybe an interesting piece of trivia for you.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Weren't they some items that have been redesigned in a way that they were better before LoD ?

Seems
Windforce
was so according to description :

uniques/windforce-t1021.html

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3184Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Weren't they some items that have been redesigned in a way that they were better before LoD ?

Seems
Windforce
was so according to description :

uniques/windforce-t1021.html
That's a patch version thing though I believe, not classic vs. exp. So classic on current patch would still have it updated.

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Ok, thanks for the explanation Schnorki !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
It should be easier to find SoJs.
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
@louner, there are several items in classic (early patches) that were redesigned as part of LoD? In a sense they're no longer obtainable. Like, the item exists by name, but it's a kind of different item.

Irrelevant I think to the suggestion in your OP, but maybe an interesting piece of trivia for you.
I still got some of the old school uniques from the previous patches on legit old d2 battlenet. Like the good version of vamp gaze,
Shako
, valor etc... talking 1.07 patch I believe it was?
Insomnia wrote: 1 year ago
It should be easier to find SoJs.
Im not sure , maybe on Hell mode if you farm specifically that. But I believe most people will farm for SOJ on nightmare and normal in specific zones and bosses, so it eliminates the other ring options available and leaves just a few.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...