Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
98 replies   23750 views

I think I'm ready for my first Uber run? Or get my butt handed back to me.

No data yet

Description

Description by mhlg

Can be used to make Runewords:

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Ok, so Decrep to start, then as Pally + Golem are in melee Pally can apply
Life Tap
without losing the slow as
Clay Golem
does the job.

Thanks for the explanation !
Side question : I assume Arachnid's mesh slow only work with melee attacks ? Does it the same (as for slow, of course Decrep also increases damage) as the two above ?

Edit: checked, Arach only does 10%. But none in real if I don't melee I guess.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Correct, your spells won't trigger the arach slow.

Only successful actual attacks trigger slow. Well, and getting hit in the case of
Clay Golem

Though slow isn't perfectly straight forward tbh (then again, what is in this game? :D).
It differentiates between velocity and attack rate. You can end up desyncing between client and server. And so on and so forth...

Overly simplified and to avoid unintended problems with it..just start with decrep before your pally even hits him.

See https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/indexeb60.html for more details.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
This is a nice post worth keeping not too far... :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
I just reviewed it and it does have a log of useful information. I still follow most of the advice I was given to this day.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
I haven't read the whole thread, so my apologies if this has been covered already.

You need 300 total resistance to be at +75 res with
Mephisto
's
Conviction
. How you get there is up to you.

-100 for hell
-125 from
Mephisto

75 for normal max.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
There was an early question that @SnakeCharmed actually answered, but it's buried a little and maybe not obvious:
Uber Mephisto
has a level 20
Conviction
aura, so if a Paladin wants to negate the
Conviction
issues, it needs to be at least level 21 player aura.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
cristobal03 wrote: 4 months ago
There was an early question that @SnakeCharmed actually answered, but it's buried a little and maybe not obvious:
Uber Mephisto
has a level 20
Conviction
aura, so if a Paladin wants to negate the
Conviction
issues, it needs to be at least level 21 player aura.
And it protects only him, not his merc, not his party members.

So 300 light res remains required for lots of people.

Annihilus
My best option is always 1p on
Salvation
. Only for Meph but works really fine.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 4 months ago
Salvation
I have a point in
Salvation
but I never use it because it really isn't needed and it requires weapon/shield swapping and loses
Fanaticism
. Though I generally proc with Treachery, I've successfully done runs without it, but I suppose it depends on what you feel most comfortable with.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
mhlg wrote: 4 months ago
[..] I have a point in
Salvation
but [..] it requires weapon/shield swapping [..]
It...definitely shouldn't. :o
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
[..] I have a point in
Salvation
So go ahead and
Smite
with
Salvation
active in place of Fanat? I've tried activating
Salvation
and then swapping back to Fanat but it only lasts a few seconds.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
[..] I have a point in
Salvation
So go ahead and
Smite
with
Salvation
active in place of Fanat?
Yup.

Even if you have literally 0 IAS, you're still at 9 frame
Smite
as compared to typically 7 with 0 ias + fana (assuming a phase). Sure, it isn't ideal but even that will do.

At the same time, if you have 24+ IAS (so literally any Grief roll, a Kingslayer, most common smiter options apart from Death really) you drop from 6 with fana to 7 without which is hardly even noticeable.

65+ IAS (e.g. even a min. Grief + highlord + 1 ias jewel so...quite easy to hit) has you capped at 6 frame
Smite
even without fana.

Sure, you lose the ED as well but since most of your dmg against ubers comes from CB anyways, the difference really isn't all that big against meph.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC

So go ahead and
Smite
with
Salvation
active in place of Fanat?
Yup.

Even if you have literally 0 IAS, you're still at 9 frame
Smite
as compared to typically 7 with 0 ias + fana (assuming a phase). Sure, it isn't ideal but even that will do.

At the same time, if you have 24+ IAS (so literally any Grief roll, a Kingslayer, most common smiter options apart from Death really) you drop from 6 with fana to 7 without which is hardly even noticeable.

65+ IAS (e.g. even a min. Grief + highlord + 1 ias jewel so...quite easy to hit) has you capped at 6 frame
Smite
even without fana.

Sure, you lose the ED as well but since most of your dmg against ubers comes from CB anyways, the difference really isn't all that big against meph.

I'm not concerned about losing ED, because CB and OW takes care of the damage. With Fanat Drac's lifetap keeps my life full but when I've tried alternatives to Fanat the loss of IAS makes it noticeably less effective, requiring Pots. The most obvious benefit of Grief on my smiter is its IAS. So far my build hasn't died in a single Uber and I've done dozens, but there's always room for a first time. :D

On another note, I tried an experiment with a ladder Paly build that used a Black
Flail
instead of Grief. I removed the G-Face ( I also had a Duress and
Goblin Toe
), replaced it with a three socket
Helm
filled it with three 15 IAS Jewels and it took down D-Clone in half the time, and Dracs proc'd often enough to keep my merc alive. So I shelved the G-face and kept the socketed
Helm

I will give it a try and see how it works out, because now I don't have a choice if I want to keep a clear mind.

basicnecromancy wrote: 4 months ago
Salvation
I have a point in
Salvation
but I never use it because it really isn't needed and it requires weapon/shield swapping and loses
Fanaticism
. Though I generally proc with Treachery, I've successfully done runs without it, but I suppose it depends on what you feel most comfortable with.
You just spend, what, 10 seconds without fana to kill Meph? And procing
Fade
takes less? I find it kind of waste of time. But yeah, how do you feel it better, it's matter of choice.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Killing meph without fana on a somewhat properly geared smiter takes about 2-3 seconds longer than with fana. Maybe a bit more if your gear is still lacking quite a bit. And even less of a difference when fully geared. Close to 0 difference if you wanna bother "being good" about it and only toggling
Salvation
on for the dmg spikes while still keeping fana for the remainder of the kill.

Unless you faded randomly along the way, actively going somewhere to pre-proc
Fade
takes far longer than that. And even if it happened randomly, you dropped your damage during that time clearing the way there as you were wasting your chest slot on a Treachery. That'll cost you about the same time probably. Or you dropped your travel time because you replaced Enigma (rather than fort) with Treachery in which case you lose infinitely more than 2-3 seconds by comparison.

Even ignoring that though,
Fade
still wants you gearing for a fair bit of overkill res because it isn't nearly enough to outweigh meph's
Conviction
(again dropping your performance overall). Plus with
Salvation
, you can actually keep your merc alive no problem as well for which your
Fade
really doesn't help you. Unless you pre-proc it on him as well, taking even more time and still resulting in not enough res for him in the end, meaning he'll still die. A dead merc alone will probably cost you more time than you could ever lose on meph without fana.

That having been said..I'd call this a matter of taste. Let's face it, an uber clear taking 2 seconds longer, 5 seconds longer or even 20 seconds longer makes basically 0 difference. They're not the kind of thing you keep chaining to Infinity. The real time loss related to ubers stems from not optimizing your
Key
farming or from waiting around in trade games to get more keys, whichever route you go. Not from taking a few seconds longer on the actual uber clears. At least not in any significant way.

Personally, I like having my merc not die. And I don't want to over-gear on res just for one boss while having it be a complete and utter waste on everything else. And even more so, I simply hate having to switch gear to bother with any sort of pre-buffing cycle (on any char, not just re smiter/Treachery). A quick point in
Salvation
fixes all of that for meph at minimal performance impact while making absolutely no difference whatsoever elsewhere, thanks to smiters having a crapton of spare skill points to play with anyways.
At the same time, if someone doesn't care about/doesn't use their merc and enjoys switching gear in and out for random proc effects...more power to ya, enjoy the
Fade
approach. Or if you want neither and just overstack tons of res for him while accepting that you'll be worse off for it literally everywhere else (which is still half-way true for
Fade
) because you prefer that over aura switching or gear switching, go for it.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
After reading the posts I decided to go back and review my resistances. What is obvious is I really don't need to proc
Fade
or use
Salvation
, because my resistances without either are already 306% with +20 lightning absorb which explains why my build has never died without using either on an Uber run. It's in my nature to always add a little more than is needed to get the job done. Still the information in the above posts should be helpful to anyone who has questions about either choice.

Personally, I like having my merc not die. And I don't want to over-gear on res just for one boss while having it be a complete and utter waste on everything else.
I only use my Smiter for Ubers and D-Clone. For farming other locations I prefer to use one of my other builds and in particular my Bowazon and Javazon. I have lvl 92 Sorc all decked out, but the Zons are more fun. I think it's time to try some other builds.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
"A little more"? Sheesh... :D
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
An afterthought, with
Salvation
my resistances would be way over the top.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Indeed they will.
Salvation
is to allow you to not gear for any res past the non-convicted
Cap
. If you (like yourself) already gear well beyond that anyways for whatever reason then
Salvation
is just a waste. At least for yourself.

Still great to keep your merc up. But that'll be it.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...