Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
98 replies   23749 views

I think I'm ready for my first Uber run? Or get my butt handed back to me.

No data yet

Description

Description by mhlg

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
I'll give it a run in a day or so and let you know how it worked out.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Thanks to all of you guys I just did my run with great success. I used the Treachery proc but used the fire outside
Harrogath
. I followed Schnorki's Pattern, but
Baal
came out instead of
Mephisto
Baal
went down fast. I then went to pull Diablo out and I got him and
Mephisto
together, but I took Meph out quickly. Diablo only took a little longer because his balrog minions were blocking me from getting to Diablo to I just kept smiting and thinned them out. Diablo also went down surprisingly fast, after that I cleaned up
Tristram
completely. Returned to
Harrogath
to drop off my torch, returned and claimed the prize. It wasn't what I would've liked, but now I can try again for something more suitable to my builds.

Question, if it doesn't do anything then why does the
Standard of Heroes
have a level requirement of 90? My Paladin is just level 87 so I guess I will have to get to level 90 before I cannot not use it?

if your confident you wont die, i actually will head straight left into the middle from portal and drag meph out to the top right corner, it works probably 90% of time to get meph out solo. I will say if you go to far towards the building below the portal, meph can actually get trapped in that building and thats usually not good lol. almost always have to fight through mobs and probably two ubers at once.
Congrats on your torch and success, and if you ever need help as you can see theres lots of it around, just ask.

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Phins_up22 wrote: 1 year ago
if your confident you wont die, i actually will head straight left into the middle from portal and drag meph out to the top right corner, it works probably 90% of time to get meph out solo. I will say if you go to far towards the building below the portal, meph can actually get trapped in that building and thats usually not good lol. almost always have to fight through mobs and probably two ubers at once.
Congrats on your torch and success, and if you ever need help as you can see theres lots of it around, just ask.
I got surrounded by Meph, Diablo and his Balrogs. I just kept my eye on Meph first and he went down fast. Then I just kept cutting through the balrogs until I got to Diablo and took him down. After I took out everything that moved until
Tristram
was completely monster free. When I finished with everything the
Fade
proc was still working so it all took less than 4 and a half minutes.
Life Tap
worked well because I only used 3 potions and mostly for mana. I think I feel confident enough to do it on my own but eventually I will pull in a few people for fun. One thing for certain is I saw no reason to throw 3
Jah
, 1
Ber
, I
Sur
, and a
Mal
into a Last Wish.

lol yes Last Wish is absolutely not necessary. Been farming torches far longer than i ever had a LW. You can successfully run uber trist with gear less than like an
Ist
rune with a smiter.
Life Tap
wands, lower res wands, are all shoppable and make Exile/dracs gloves not as mandatory. Its actually fun to find obscure ways to run ubers and finish after you get good at it

Congrats! Note it's time to be
Uber Tristram
addictive!:)

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks to all of you guys I just did my run with great success. I used the Treachery proc but used the fire outside
Harrogath
Baal
came out instead of
Mephisto

First off: Congrats

Second: You ran in too far. Only go in until you hear meph aggro (his aggro actually comes with an unmistakable sound from his immediate add raise). In countless (literally no idea but thousands+) runs following that Pattern, I have never once not gotten meph to the top by himself. If you don't overcharge, it is foolproof. But as mentioned earlier..there's no real reason you have to do meph first so..whatever works. :)
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Harrogath
Baal
came out instead of
Mephisto

First off: Congrats

Second: You ran in too far. Only go in until you hear meph aggro (his aggro actually comes with an unmistakable sound from his immediate add raise). In countless (literally no idea but thousands+) runs following that Pattern, I have never once not gotten meph to the top by himself. If you don't overcharge, it is foolproof. But as mentioned earlier..there's no real reason you have to do meph first so..whatever works. :)
I did a run this morning and I was able to pull Meph out first, Diablo and then
Baal
. As before I cleaned up the rest of
Tristram
because I figure the monster level might help me get to level 88. I was getting ready to do another run when the power went out for a second and then came back on (Florida), and since these brownouts can sometimes come in twos and threes I decided to wait. This time I got a Sorc torch and yes I ID them. When I trade I like to trade openly and honestly.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
GG for your 2 successful runs + the torch !
I am also preparing my first run, should be soon. At my time scale, so in about two months ^^

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
I am also preparing my first run, should be soon. At my time scale, so in about two months ^^

If you have the stuff and follow the steps listed in this thread you should do alright. One of the things I've tried to avoid in this game is all the hype around certain items. Sometimes good enough will get you started much sooner than waiting for perfect. Take ethereal items. A few uncommon items have amazing stats but a lot if not most of them are no better than their non-ethereal counterparts. You see trades all the time on B-net for ethereal items but only a few of them list their stats, and I suspect for a reason. So avoid the hype and take what you can afford and accept it as a starting point and you'll get going much sooner. Point, I'm currently using a low Pally
Hellfire Torch
15/10, and I'm 2 for 2 runs. When I find a better one I'll replace it. I'm also using a fairly low anni which I got for killing D-clone. Maybe I'll clean up the map and repost it. Good luck

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks ! Will be a party of 3 (with two former colleagues), a sorc, a necro (me) and a pally (fortunately, but an avenger, not a smiter - good news is he has higher
Conviction
than Meph).

I guess the goal will be to protect the Pally and clean the mobs while he does the job ^^

But posts like the good pathfinding to kick Meph first is definitely useful !

The tough part for later is to do it on my own, but that's another story.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Thanks ! Will be a party of 3 (with two former colleagues), a sorc, a necro (me) and a pally (fortunately, but an avenger, not a smiter - good news is he has higher
Conviction
than Meph).

I guess the goal will be to protect the Pally and clean the mobs while he does the job ^^

Yes, there's a lot of good advice that gets to the point without getting too wordy. I just did another run and this time I got a 13/15 pally torch which beats the one I was using. I took the directions I got from Schnorki and cleaned the map up a bit.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Great stuff, thanks -> Post bookmarked !

Annihilus
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Great stuff, thanks -> Post bookmarked !
You're welcome. Note that
Uber Tristram
except for the portal location is laid out exactly the same as the Cain quest
Tristram
. I went there and walked the path to get a feel for it and then took the screen shot of the character map. As I said in a previous post, I sometimes overthink things.

Conviction
than Meph).

My first run was also with Necro. A summoner. If you also are a summoner then what you need is first a
Teleport
source. Then before they run make sure that you raise your army with highest gear such as +3 to summon
Helm
, amulet, AoKL and DS or any other+ skill shield. Your Merc will be fine among the army with telestomping and my gear choice is GFace, Obedience, Treachery (or Fortitude if you have). And of course you need CB revives (Urdars). Pull Meph first, decrep, telestomp and wait. You can try
Life Tap
but he kills the army fast then. These are my choices after some experience.

Good luck!

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
Conviction
than Meph).

My first run was also with Necro. A summoner. If you also are a summoner then what you need is first a
Teleport
source. Then before they run make sure that you raise your army with highest gear such as +3 to summon
Helm
, amulet, AoKL and DS or any other+ skill shield. Your Merc will be fine among the army with telestomping and my gear choice is GFace, Obedience, Treachery (or Fortitude if you have). And of course you need CB revives (Urdars). Pull Meph first, decrep, telestomp and wait. You can try
Life Tap
but he kills the army fast then. These are my choices after some experience.

Good luck!
Thanks !

Annihilus

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Conviction
than Meph).
Just in case you're not aware:
Unless things have changed from way back and from when I last tested this, his
Conviction
won't help protect you. The aura rule is character based. I.e. any one character/unit may only be affected by one aura of the same type, regardless of that aura being friendly or hostile, and the highest level wins.

Your pally will have 2 convictions applicable to him. His own when active and meph's. Since his is higher, he will be safe.
Mephisto
will also have 2 convictions applicable to him. His own and your pally's. Since your pally's aura is higher, meph gets hit and has his res/def reduced. This cancels (or in this case applies) the effect on himself but it does NOT disable meph's own aura radiating outward.
You and the sorc will hence still have meph's aura applicable to you and since your pally's aura won't be applicable to you as it only hits his hostiles, you will take the full hit from meph's aura. The same is true for all of your mercenaries.

Additionally, even your pally is only safe if he has his
Conviction
up before getting into range of meph's. Or if he hits his aura hotkey again afterwards, oddly enough. Random bugs/intricacies and whatnot...plenty a pally has gotten himself surprise-nuked after switching to a
Life Tap
Wand
and back, only to find that switching back to his
Conviction
weapon set didn't actually protect him as it happened in-range.

Personally, I always have 1 point in
Salvation
on a smiter build for exactly that situation. Add a bit of +skill gear and 1 hard point is enough to cancel out most of meph's
Conviction
. Not quite all..but most. And that will work on the pally, on party members and on all of your mercenaries, allowing even those to survive uber runs without having to bother with silly stuff like Treachery pre-proccing and whatnot.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Conviction
than Meph).
Just in case you're not aware:
Unless things have changed from way back and from when I last tested this, his
Conviction
won't help protect you. The aura rule is character based. I.e. any one character/unit may only be affected by one aura of the same type, regardless of that aura being friendly or hostile, and the highest level wins.

Your pally will have 2 convictions applicable to him. His own when active and meph's. Since his is higher, he will be safe.
Mephisto
will also have 2 convictions applicable to him. His own and your pally's. Since your pally's aura is higher, meph gets hit and has his res/def reduced. This cancels (or in this case applies) the effect on himself but it does NOT disable meph's own aura radiating outward.
You and the sorc will hence still have meph's aura applicable to you and since your pally's aura won't be applicable to you as it only hits his hostiles, you will take the full hit from meph's aura. The same is true for all of your mercenaries.

Additionally, even your pally is only safe if he has his
Conviction
up before getting into range of meph's. Or if he hits his aura hotkey again afterwards, oddly enough. Random bugs/intricacies and whatnot...plenty a pally has gotten himself surprise-nuked after switching to a
Life Tap
Wand
and back, only to find that switching back to his
Conviction
weapon set didn't actually protect him as it happened in-range.

Personally, I always have 1 point in
Salvation
on a smiter build for exactly that situation. Add a bit of +skill gear and 1 hard point is enough to cancel out most of meph's
Conviction
. Not quite all..but most. And that will work on the pally, on party members and on all of your mercenaries, allowing even those to survive uber runs without having to bother with silly stuff like Treachery pre-proccing and whatnot.
Lots of thanks for the info @Schnorki, you probably saved a sorc and a necro from a stupid Death when believing to be safe... and not being so ! :) Did not think the aura was held that way. Buddy has his 1 point
Salvation
already so we will indeed do that way.
Info passed to my comrades as well.

Annihilus
if you need help, let me know :)

I take new people through uber runs all the time, smiter paladin.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...