Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2086 views

Description

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/155 ... 73bMd-rm-A
@PezRadar Hey Pez, you mentioned last week regarding the D2R ladder that we might get news "Sometime mid to late August most likely."

Are you talking about the news, a PTR, or the reset itself? Is there even a PTR planned at all? Could you clarify anything?😁
Blizzard wrote:
PTR
So it seems a 4 month ladder reset is off the table, at least for the first ladder. I'm guessing they'll go for a 5 month reset in late September, but they might extent it to the full 6 months like original D2 which would put the ladder reset in October.

Assuming a September reset I'm guessing the timeline would look like this:
1. PTR announcement sometime in the third week of August (Aug 15-19)

2. PTR starts on August 23 which is a Tuesday (Tuesday/Thursday is when Blizzard tends to do things in D2R)

3. PTR lasts 1 or 2 weeks until August 30 or September 6 (the 2.4 PTR lasted 2 weeks from Jan 25 - Feb 9)

4. They take at least 2 weeks to look at the feedback, I'm thinking ladder reset might be on September 23 (to line up with D2R's one year anniversary)
That's just my guess though, we'll see.

I'm excited though. Some things I'm hoping to see are QoL improvements like a currency stash tab, some sort of loot filtering/loot display priority, and I really hope they increase the 20 character limit on Bnet to at least 50. I also hope they do a balance pass on sets and uniques, maybe more skill tweaks, etc. Bug fixes are welcome too. 😁

Can be used to make Runewords:

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/155 ... 73bMd-rm-A
@PezRadar Hey Pez, you mentioned last week regarding the D2R ladder that we might get news "Sometime mid to late August most likely."

Are you talking about the news, a PTR, or the reset itself? Is there even a PTR planned at all? Could you clarify anything?😁
Blizzard wrote:
PTR
So it seems a 4 month ladder reset is off the table, at least for the first ladder. I'm guessing they'll go for a 5 month reset in late September, but they might extent it to the full 6 months like original D2 which would put the ladder reset in October.

Assuming a September reset I'm guessing the timeline would look like this:
1. PTR announcement sometime in the third week of August (Aug 15-19)

2. PTR starts on August 23 which is a Tuesday (Tuesday/Thursday is when Blizzard tends to do things in D2R)

3. PTR lasts 1 or 2 weeks until August 30 or September 6 (the 2.4 PTR lasted 2 weeks from Jan 25 - Feb 9)

4. They take at least 2 weeks to look at the feedback, I'm thinking ladder reset might be on September 23 (to line up with D2R's one year anniversary)
That's just my guess though, we'll see.

I'm excited though. Some things I'm hoping to see are QoL improvements like a currency stash tab, some sort of loot filtering/loot display priority, and I really hope they increase the 20 character limit on Bnet to at least 50. I also hope they do a balance pass on sets and uniques, maybe more skill tweaks, etc. Bug fixes are welcome too. 😁
Is it just me or does it feel like they're working on D2 harder and with more public facing clarity now than they were 20 years ago? I remember waiting for what felt like 2 years for the release of Patch 1.10, and they only updated with us once every 5-7 months.

I'm psyched at any and all QoL updates because I never stopped loving this game!

Hardcore mode is my jam. Played a lot of D1. Played D2 from its release till about 2010, then lots of D3 for most of the 2010's. 29 year Magic: the Gathering player. 12 year League of Legends player.
Loot filter would be nice.

Also, Stacking runes/gems/keys

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
People are in vacation in August.
Bette not having PRT feeback and ladder reset this month.

Relax and have fun!
I hope we see more and more QoL updates in the near future.

I play both ladder and non-ladder.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Oof...Appreciate the lean in from Blizzard, but really don't want to see this ladder draw out to 5-6 months. Then again, more time for the Hardcore Holy Grail to continue.

What does PTR stand for?
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
What does PTR stand for?
ptr = Public Test Realm

OP
Small update from Pez yesterday.

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/155 ... uVvubCdqYQ
Blizzard wrote:
PTR news toward the end of the month - Ladder reset comes with new season/post patch. Gotta get through PTR first.
https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/155 ... uVvubCdqYQ
So still no D2R news this week then, another week or two?
Blizzard wrote:
Nothing this week - But very soon.
I was really hoping for PTR news this week, but seems it won't be till next week or the week after. Trying to be patient but I'm so excited!
it makes sense for Blizzard to not start both D3 and D2R season/ladder at the same time. I am guessing D2R PTR will land about the same time as D3 season 27 starts and the ladder the usual 2 weeks(-ish) later

--
Available for trading on PC and Switch. Let's deal, my friend.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation