Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   3182 views

Is there a way to view closed trade(s)?

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Just curious if anyone knows a way to pull up closed trade records to see transaction history. If there isn't, can that be implemented?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just curious if anyone knows a way to pull up closed trade records to see transaction history. If there isn't, can that be implemented?
Request fulfilledby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Just an update on this topic since two separate bugs were discussed:

Bug 1: Archived trade descriptions that are truncated are not showing the expansion tooltip in non-Safari browsers. This is being rectified in current sprint.

Bug 2: Random disappearance of trade listings when logged-out - this was fixed in the last patch.

Pacific Standard Time

Always take best offer
like the price history section on every item you search? or are you talking about something else?

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Trade search has a tag for "active" (open trades) and one for "sold" (closed trades). (De-)Select as needed.
Sold trades don't stick around in search results forever though afaik so you won't be finding things back to day 1. 3 days I believe it was for the full trade listing. Beyond that, it just becomes the shortened listing you find in user history (see below) or price check.

If you're looking for a specific user's history, go to their profile page (click the user's name) and you'll have options for transaction history and recently sold trades within the trade stats towards the bottom of the page.
OP
no i mean like the actual receipt of a trade. For example, if you run a price check for fcr ring, then it will give you a list of sold items. The problem is you cannot click into it to see the bid records or the item itself. It's not much of an issue for unique and runewords, but for rare and crafted, some users only posted an image or dont even type much.
I wanna be able to see the stats of the item that was sold and the bids that were put on it.

Pacific Standard Time

Always take best offer

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
For archived trades?
Not possible.
I agree with OP. It can be helpful to see what the stats were of an item that sold for that.

Rings, amulets and sometimes charms take up a lot of space and there is a big difference between some items. Just my two cents.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
Ufeng wrote: 1 year ago
no i mean like the actual receipt of a trade. For example, if you run a price check for fcr ring, then it will give you a list of sold items. The problem is you cannot click into it to see the bid records or the item itself. It's not much of an issue for unique and runewords, but for rare and crafted, some users only posted an image or dont even type much.example.PNG

I wanna be able to see the stats of the item that was sold and the bids that were put on it.
I've had some frustration about this as well. The only details you can see are the snippet of text from what the seller posted, which is sometimes nothing. Sometimes additional details of the item are provided only by screenshot, or added later in the post. As you pointed out, you also can't see the bid records to get more information about the market for an item.

Keeping all historical data would require a significant amount more server-side resources, so I can understand why they may not be able to implement this (and could likely only begin being stored from the time of implementation).

Just wanted to echo that it would be great to have this in future if it's at all feasible. Maybe there's some other reason they let old records' details
Fade
into obscurity, such as the market changing over time, but I'm also in the "the more information the better" camp :)

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
Being able to see all bids on an item before it was sold isn't necessarily helpful either. Always have a few guys that offer a
Gul
for a griffons sorta deal ya know?

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Protip: If you hover over the 'snippet' in a historical price row, it will show you the full text description (not truncated).

I know it's a bummer not having the item screenshots for context - allow me to explain why that is the case:
  • I couldn't justify the kind of storage required to house 300,000+ pictures, potentially more than that as we go into the future.
  • It encourages people to use more textual descriptions, so that listings are more easily indexed and discovered through search/filters.
In an ideal world, as well as the pictures we'd be able to see everything from the original listing - offers for example can sometimes give context as some have pointed out. Again, it's a technical matter - I estimate that the site has had around 4 million posts since launch. If I had decided to permanently store all this structured data/relationships, the database would become unmanageable. I'm not a pro database engineer unfortunately :P

Hope that clears things up, and that you guys still find valuable info in the historical prices.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Could perhaps keep only trades dating back from one month max, as olders will be less significant for pricing value details ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
Protip: If you hover over the 'snippet' in a historical price row, it will show you the full text description (not truncated).
I'm sorry, where am I hovering? I tried over the text of a shortened historical trade and nothing so I'm missing something.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
@davme_mcgreg yes, that's where you hover. You have to wait a second or two (depending on your browser).

Edit: Just tested myself with Win Chrome and it's not working, lol, new bug. Will add to fix list, sorry.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
@davme_mcgreg yes, that's where you hover. You have to wait a second or two (depending on your browser).

Edit: Just tested myself with Win Chrome and it's not working, lol, new bug. Will add to fix list, sorry.
Doesn't work on Firefox neither on Edge.
Also you should take a look at the result from Search Trades when you are log in versus when your are not: it seems that in the latter almost 80% of trades are not visibles...

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago

Doesn't work on Firefox neither on Edge.
Also you should take a look at the result from Search Trades when you are log in versus when your are not: it seems that in the latter almost 80% of trades are not visibles...
Thanks for info on the other browsers. It (should be) a simple CSS overflow toolip, the native browser one you see when hovering over an image for example.

Re: The other separate observation, can you be more specific? I tested looking at 'All Listings' for
Harlequin Crest
whilst guest and as member, got identical number of results.

Edit: Moved to Feedback subforum.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
On Windows 10 (64-bit 21h2), I tested with Firefox, Chrome and Edge.
They all have the same issue of missing trades, the number of trades currently shown differ for each page, but not for each browser and the one that got through are the same:
- First page got 8 trades,
- Second page got 9 trades,
- Third page got 15 trades,
- Last always got none,
- Total: 32 out of 91 (this is what I should have, see all four screenshots below).

Either I go to the database for
Harlequin Crest
and use the "See all listings" function or I do a manual search: they are both bugged.

Here are screenshots on Mozilla Firefox 64-bit (102.0.1, latest available version at this time):

1) Log in, first page (Zoom at 40%): ---

2) Log in, last page (Zoom at 100%, every other image at 100%): ---

3) Log out, first page: ---

4) Log out, last page: Fin

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Just an update on this topic since two separate bugs were discussed:

Bug 1: Archived trade descriptions that are truncated are not showing the expansion tooltip in non-Safari browsers. This is being rectified in current sprint.

Bug 2: Random disappearance of trade listings when logged-out - this was fixed in the last patch.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...