Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   1817 views

What do you think about the IP system to hunt Diablo Clone?

No data yet

Description

Hi, ubersmiters!

This is a game mechanic that I've always hated (in multiplayer). For me it's a ridiculous concept to have to "use" server IPs to get an item from a boss that appears randomly selling one of the rarest items in the game (at least, a hard to find). I would like to know the opinion of other players, on if they like it, or if they hate it like me.

As an addition, I'm going to tell how I would do a rework of this mechanic:
Now
Diablo Clone
can appear randomly when giving
Tyrael
in Act 4 a
Standard of Heroes
. The angel will have dialogues about not appearing, not there, not feeling his presence, etc, and when a
Standard of Heroes
is offered and
Diablo Clone
appears, a sound is heard, the screen shakes and
Tyrael
releases a speech style "Devil has returned blablabla it's your duty to finish him off blablabla be careful, he's stronger than ever etc"...

I think could be very cool and immersive, and it makes sense for me. What do you think?
Description by IntSomnium

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi, ubersmiters!

This is a game mechanic that I've always hated (in multiplayer). For me it's a ridiculous concept to have to "use" server IPs to get an item from a boss that appears randomly selling one of the rarest items in the game (at least, a hard to find). I would like to know the opinion of other players, on if they like it, or if they hate it like me.

As an addition, I'm going to tell how I would do a rework of this mechanic:
Now
Diablo Clone
can appear randomly when giving
Tyrael
in Act 4 a
Standard of Heroes
. The angel will have dialogues about not appearing, not there, not feeling his presence, etc, and when a
Standard of Heroes
is offered and
Diablo Clone
appears, a sound is heard, the screen shakes and
Tyrael
releases a speech style "Devil has returned blablabla it's your duty to finish him off blablabla be careful, he's stronger than ever etc"...

I think could be very cool and immersive, and it makes sense for me. What do you think?

⚔️ Mainly playing in Singleplayer.
⚙️ Modding with D2RMM.

...All the lonely people, where do they all come from?...
Yes actually using
Standard of Heroes
for something would be nice, but since 2.4 (late march i d say) you don t need to hunt ip amymore as the dclone walk is regionwide

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
Yes actually using
Standard of Heroes
for something would be nice, but since 2.4 (late march i d say) you don t need to hunt ip amymore as the dclone walk is regionwide
Oh, I didn't know that! That's cool. It's still a bit unpredictable, uncontrollable and out-of-game for me, but it's something in the good way.

Thanks for the info!

⚔️ Mainly playing in Singleplayer.
⚙️ Modding with D2RMM.

...All the lonely people, where do they all come from?...

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
IntSomnium wrote: 1 year ago
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
Yes actually using
Standard of Heroes
Oh, I didn't know that! That's cool. It's still a bit unpredictable, uncontrollable and out-of-game for me, but it's something in the good way.

Thanks for the info!
Summary of the new 2.4
Diablo Clone
mechanics can be found here: forums/new-diablo-clone-mechanics-revealed-t852811.html

We also have a tracker for it: dclonetracker.php

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Its a crap system that nothing to has with the ingame mechanics.

But but the new mechanics is so easy to get DC.

Blizzard always goes from nothing to everything in one step

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
Yeah, Blizzard kills things either by nerfing them to the Ground or making them way too easy to obtain / achieve. Pretty meh approach for such a company.

I'm not quite sure why they implemented the Sojs selling as means of getting to fight
Uber Diablo
to begin with, since duped items were still being deleted, based on their itemID and this surely wasn't the only way of getting them off the realms. Unless Sojs in particular didn't have unique itemIDs, which I very much doubt, since I must have lost at least a handful, since they came up with that duplicates-removal method.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As said in another thread, would like Blizz to add this New recipe :
Unique / set item + pgem +
Standard of Heroes
= the item stays with same stats but takes the color of the pgem (e.g.
Diamond
= White,
Sapphire
= blue,
Skull
= Black) and gains the useless attribute "painted".

You could have purple Shakos or blue
Tal Rasha
set ^^

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
Yeah, Blizzard kills things either by nerfing them to the Ground or making them way too easy to obtain / achieve. Pretty meh approach for such a company.

I'm not quite sure why they implemented the Sojs selling as means of getting to fight
Uber Diablo
to begin with, since duped items were still being deleted, based on their itemID and this surely wasn't the only way of getting them off the realms. Unless Sojs in particular didn't have unique itemIDs, which I very much doubt, since I must have lost at least a handful, since they came up with that duplicates-removal method.
Item IDs didn't arrive until after 1.09 I think, and the majority of the duped SOJs came from classic, so they didn't have item IDs.

Untraceable duped SOJs were a problem for Blizzard for a very long time. If you look at the full list of
Horadric Cube
recipes, you see the old relic recipe of re-rolling a rare item use six perfect skulls and a
Stone of Jordan
, which obviously nobody would use anymore because an SOJ is too valuable to waste on an overwhelmingly likely crap rare. The D-Clone event took SOJ removal up to a new level and it worked.

However, those responsible for balancing the game haven't kept up with how it has evolved. An SOJ is no longer the holy grail of all items like it once was in classic. The rationale for using SOJ sales to trigger D-Clone and the opportunity to obtain an item of greater utility but lesser average market value, the
Annihilus
, is no longer valid today.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
Item IDs didn't arrive until after 1.09 I think, and the majority of the duped SOJs came from classic, so they didn't have item IDs.
Oh, you're probably right, they must have introduced the item IDs at some point after the first public duping method was released, but I thought this worked retroactively somehow.

Shame on me for not knowing this for sure as I was frequenting the Blizzhackers forum and was too involved with duping / town PKing / item grabbing /
Ith
items creation, the whole shebang :D
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
Oh, you're probably right, they must have introduced the item IDs at some point after the first public duping method was released, but I thought this worked retroactively somehow.

Shame on me for not knowing this for sure as I was frequenting the Blizzhackers forum and was too involved with duping / town PKing / item grabbing /
Ith
items creation, the whole shebang :D
Yeah, I remember the IDs were definitely added later. i'm guessing it was 1.09 because 1.08, the original expansion patch, had all the wild bugged items and there were permed dupes of expansion items as well.

I didn't follow the exploit scene but had peripheral awareness of it. I once joined a USEast giveaway game hosted by someone in a forum who was quitting the game and I walked away with several SOJs, the infamous Corruption Grip ring, Viper Whorl ring, several high runes, several 40/15 IAS jewels, and some 1.08 uniques. Whatever I didn't use myself set me up well for the rest of my LoD trading career. All of the items were permed so either all the source items including the runes and jewels dropped before 1.09 or another perming method was found afterward.

EPOCH FAIL
Also, going back to the original question even though it's no longer relevant, mastery of this game has always been about hidden mechanics. It's definitely not a casual-friendly game when you want to explore those levels of knowledge. The system for spawning DC was always bad, but it was shoehorned by necessity into a very inflexible framework and network infrastructure that was original Battle.net.

I remember having Command Prompt and an IRC channel open to constantly join games until landing on the correct IP, and usually we had very little advance notice before the walk based on the tallied sell counts on each server and no idea who was doing the selling. People in the channel would just report on activity and maybe if you were lucky, one of them was responsible for selling and announcing it. Now you have several days of advance notice from a streamer or other organizer who is crowdsourcing and doing all the selling.

Ideally, you shouldn't need external programs to manage in-game events, and that includes Twitch today. That would never pass as an acceptable user experience for a brand new game these days. This game is a reflection of the era in which it was created.

EPOCH FAIL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...