Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   6238 views

"Damage reduced by" and "attacker takes damage of" stats... How effective are they?

No data yet

Description

What do these really do and how far do they actually go as far as protecting you or dealing damage? These are stats I have always kind of breezed over throughout my D2 career, mostly because of my ignorance toward them. So can someone explain to me if these are actually useful and in what way? Thank you.

Can be used to make Runewords:

What do these really do and how far do they actually go as far as protecting you or dealing damage? These are stats I have always kind of breezed over throughout my D2 career, mostly because of my ignorance toward them. So can someone explain to me if these are actually useful and in what way? Thank you.
Damage reduced by does exactly what it says. There is a formula on how you get hit/how much damage you take and those mods effect the formula. On an
Energy Shield
sorceress these can be quite powerful and with right gear you can be practically invincible. Attacker takes damage of is like
Thorns
, you get hit it returns x damage

Most people gloss over these types of stats because they are not by themselves very good compared to resists/stats etc. But with the right builds you can make great use of these modifiers actually

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Attacker takes damage:
https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/index8641.html

Damage reduced:
https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/index71ac.html
and
https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/index49ca.html

Attacker takes damage tends to be so low across the board that it is hardly worth it for anything.

Damage reduced is actually quite good in certain situations or combinations. The absorb amount isn't high but there is no "pause" between possible absorbs so fast low attacks can be absorbed quite effectively. That behavior became especially apparent back before they fixed the viper poison clouds which could kill you in half a second flat but with even a few points of damage reduction you became completely immune to them.

Beyond that, damage reduced is very effective for
Energy Shield
sorcs because it applies after ES. So ES takes out the largest part of the incoming damage and the wee bit that may be left afterwards can quite reliably be soaked up by having some damage reduced by, effectively making ES shield sorcs immortal (given enough mana regen) as they will never lose a single life point, so long as they still have mana. This combination is so potent that you can actually get by with 0 resistances as an ES sorc for most situations (since both, ES and magic dmg reduction apply before res anyways).
OP
damnnn ok gg thanks for the responses and the links guys

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...