Lightning fury Javazon vs. Lightning Strike Spearzon in 2.4

No data yet

Description

This may not even worth discussing before 2.4. But now,
Lightning Strike
is really closing in and surpassed
Lightning Fury
in some situations.

There is not much to discuss about Javazon build. However there are two main weapon choices for the Spearzon, you can use an Infinity in
Matriarchal Spear
or
Mancatcher
. Both need about 40 IAS to be effective. But with
Matriarchal Spear
, you will have to pair with an Act 1 Faith Merc. So, basically, +3 skills + 1 frame faster vs. Insight. In another words, Mana Pots + stopping during long
Teleport
(
Baal
and
Tristram
etc) vs. non-stop killing +
Teleport
as long as you want. Well, I choose QoL over (even) more damage.

Advantage of
Lightning Fury
:
  • Definitely more efficient in areas where monsters are very densely packed together and with high player count P5 and more. Eg. Cows and
    Baal
    Waves
    Shield provides better defense/more skills/other benefits
    Safer, since you are distanced from dangerous mob
    Generally better as player count goes up, especially P6-8
    More fun (or tiring depends on how you see it) herding cows up is a lot of fun
Advantage of
Lightning Strike
:
  • Deals with spread out mobs lot easier, it’s like FoH, has auto aim
    No need to wait/relocate merc to put
    Conviction
    on monsters
    That -45-50 sth enemy lightning res on Infinity does make an impact now
    Better mobility and no mana usage/mana drain monster problems at all if paired with Insight merc.
    Much more relaxed (or boring depends on how you see it) play style, you just run up to anything, a group or just a single monster and everything on the screen melt no matter how far and between they are placed.
    Faster clearing in low-mid player count, yes, even in Cows. (pretty sure it’s the case P1-3, maybe up to P4-5 in other places) due to the auto aim nature of
    Lightning Strike

Better physical damage
Lighitng Fury is still great, and it is better if all you do is farming P8 Cows and doing
Baal
runs (and you are not the one teleporting to the throne room). For everything else, Lighting Strike is just about on par with or even better in my opinion.

There is another way to build your amazon to enjoy both playing styles. This is the final lvl 99 build, but be realistic a lvl 93 Zon with base lvl 11 Lighitning Fury with +skills can get your Fury pushing 3000 max damage and it is good enough for most situations. You can be a fully spec Spearzon with a less powerful
Valkyrie
, and when you feel like it, give that
Mancatcher
Infinity to your merc and equip your titian’s and Spirit/Phoenix, you are a pretty powerful cow slayer! And a note on the Phoenix shield, it is surprisingly good on a Javazon!
Description by Turbocharged-Z

Can be used to make Runewords:

This may not even worth discussing before 2.4. But now,
Lightning Strike
is really closing in and surpassed
Lightning Fury
in some situations.

There is not much to discuss about Javazon build. However there are two main weapon choices for the Spearzon, you can use an Infinity in
Matriarchal Spear
or
Mancatcher
. Both need about 40 IAS to be effective. But with
Matriarchal Spear
, you will have to pair with an Act 1 Faith Merc. So, basically, +3 skills + 1 frame faster vs. Insight. In another words, Mana Pots + stopping during long
Teleport
(
Baal
and
Tristram
etc) vs. non-stop killing +
Teleport
as long as you want. Well, I choose QoL over (even) more damage.

Advantage of
Lightning Fury
:
  • Definitely more efficient in areas where monsters are very densely packed together and with high player count P5 and more. Eg. Cows and
    Baal
    Waves
    Shield provides better defense/more skills/other benefits
    Safer, since you are distanced from dangerous mob
    Generally better as player count goes up, especially P6-8
    More fun (or tiring depends on how you see it) herding cows up is a lot of fun
Advantage of
Lightning Strike
:
  • Deals with spread out mobs lot easier, it’s like FoH, has auto aim
    No need to wait/relocate merc to put
    Conviction
    on monsters
    That -45-50 sth enemy lightning res on Infinity does make an impact now
    Better mobility and no mana usage/mana drain monster problems at all if paired with Insight merc.
    Much more relaxed (or boring depends on how you see it) play style, you just run up to anything, a group or just a single monster and everything on the screen melt no matter how far and between they are placed.
    Faster clearing in low-mid player count, yes, even in Cows. (pretty sure it’s the case P1-3, maybe up to P4-5 in other places) due to the auto aim nature of
    Lightning Strike

Better physical damage
Lighitng Fury is still great, and it is better if all you do is farming P8 Cows and doing
Baal
runs (and you are not the one teleporting to the throne room). For everything else, Lighting Strike is just about on par with or even better in my opinion.

There is another way to build your amazon to enjoy both playing styles. This is the final lvl 99 build, but be realistic a lvl 93 Zon with base lvl 11 Lighitning Fury with +skills can get your Fury pushing 3000 max damage and it is good enough for most situations. You can be a fully spec Spearzon with a less powerful
Valkyrie
, and when you feel like it, give that
Mancatcher
Infinity to your merc and equip your titian’s and Spirit/Phoenix, you are a pretty powerful cow slayer! And a note on the Phoenix shield, it is surprisingly good on a Javazon!
I concur, I did the
Lightning Strike
zon and it's wonderful. I do it without griffins(I wear andy's) and my merc is might and reaper's, with mana leech I have 0 mana problems. It eats cows any number of players, of course java is faster, no doubt, but it's one of the only builds out there that are faster. Maybe posion necro is faster too.
You just have to play it right- a few lightning strikes then go to
Charged Strike
, repeat.
OP
or.houster wrote: 1 year ago
I concur, I did the
Lightning Strike
zon and it's wonderful. I do it without griffins(I wear andy's) and my merc is might and reaper's, with mana leech I have 0 mana problems. It eats cows any number of players, of course java is faster, no doubt, but it's one of the only builds out there that are faster. Maybe posion necro is faster too.
You just have to play it right- a few lightning strikes then go to
Charged Strike
, repeat.
I only have mana problem when there are mana draining monsters, like in Chaos. Otherwise leech is sufficient.
Maybe I am a bad Necro player but I really struggle with my 10k damage
Poison Nova
necro in cows P5 or more. P1 he is Godly in cows and pit.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...