Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   3444 views

Ladder forever?

Poll ended at 1 year ago

I'm never playing non-ladder again (38%)
I might play both ladder and non-ladder when this season ends (38%)
When this ladder season ends, I'm going back to non-ladder (25%)
Total votes: 8
Total votes: 8

Hardcore players - are you ever returning to Non-Ladder?

No data yet

Description

In the last week before ladder started, there was a lot of hardcore players online. Full games, you could trade just by starting a game with your offer in the title. Very fast levelling since there was always somebody doing baalruns or rushes. Meeting people. Good times!

When ladder started, everybody left. It's like an empty
Cathedral
now.

I had just gotten to the point where I could make high end runewords. I don't have time to play enough to get rich in a month or so, so that I can enjoy the late stage of ladder with crazy end game stuff. Since I play Hardcore, I still get to start over a lot...

When this ladder ends and you can make the new runewords on non-ladder characters, are you guys coming back to non-ladder? Or is it Ladder Only Forever from here on out?

Can be used to make Runewords:

In the last week before ladder started, there was a lot of hardcore players online. Full games, you could trade just by starting a game with your offer in the title. Very fast levelling since there was always somebody doing baalruns or rushes. Meeting people. Good times!

When ladder started, everybody left. It's like an empty
Cathedral
now.

I had just gotten to the point where I could make high end runewords. I don't have time to play enough to get rich in a month or so, so that I can enjoy the late stage of ladder with crazy end game stuff. Since I play Hardcore, I still get to start over a lot...

When this ladder ends and you can make the new runewords on non-ladder characters, are you guys coming back to non-ladder? Or is it Ladder Only Forever from here on out?
Always been an issue of population. Focus on family and making babies, we need to expand interstellar and get a few more earths to have sufficient gaming populations. Easy!
NODRULE wrote: 1 year ago
Always been an issue of population. Focus on family and making babies, we need to expand interstellar and get a few more earths to have sufficient gaming populations. Easy!
You and Elon Musk could start a revolution together!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

atari 454

Europe XLinux
I never played ladder and probably never will. I'm not a big fan of starting over again with zero items.
And while it would be nice to see more players it's totally OK for me to play solo or with just one friend most of the time.

OP
Hey you know what? This is what I'm going to do. I'm going to level my characters in Ladder, and then play them in their end-game guise in non-ladder.

It's so much faster to level characters in ladder, so I'll just stack up my chars in ladder and then enjoy my Wealth when they are forcibly converted to non-ladder (where they will die while I'm using them to do MF).

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Interesting - rarely have ever seen anyone play HC Non-Ladder - most just tend to duel off and then rush back to Ladder at least on LoD. We are only about 10% of the overall player base and especially now with new Anni Mechanics among 2.4 RWs I would think majority will up steering back to Ladder to not bifurcate the density and economies.

Caveating that those that want SSF probably stick to NL by natural default now that benefits of Ladder are here. My Comments above were more geared towards LoD specifically.

Deleted User 63530 0

im in on non ladder all the time. i played only 1-2x times on week few games and thats option is better. Im thinking about making hardcore char but without good commpanions thats can be hard. But its hard to keep commpanions if u play few games a week.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...