Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   876 views

Description

I was wondering about something...

Given the fact that magic jewels can be pretty strong choices for socketing in uniques and stuff, you would think that rare jewels can be godly with the extra mods they get.
However, all the rare jewels I've found so far have been absolute trash, and I never really see people trying to trade rare jewels either.

Is there something about rare jewels that makes them much less likely to be any good, like are the mods capped at much lower values than magic jewels or something?
Or am I just unlucky?

Can be used to make Runewords:

fwib 14

Sorceress Europe PC
I was wondering about something...

Given the fact that magic jewels can be pretty strong choices for socketing in uniques and stuff, you would think that rare jewels can be godly with the extra mods they get.
However, all the rare jewels I've found so far have been absolute trash, and I never really see people trying to trade rare jewels either.

Is there something about rare jewels that makes them much less likely to be any good, like are the mods capped at much lower values than magic jewels or something?
Or am I just unlucky?

All trades are softcore, PC, non-ladder. All prices are negotiable.
fwib wrote: 1 year ago
Or am I just unlucky?
you said it right there ^^

a lot of stats are caped on rares. cant get ias on rares either so yeah. but then again u can get realy nice ones with 30 fire res, -15 rec and more on the same rare jewel.
the have value to, but harder to get the right mods on them for sure.

Cooley made a nice jewel video, il link it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLzeQ7QM4M&t=424s

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█

Khegan 376

A few reasons why most rare jewels you find are forgettable:

Firstly, you can't get IAS on them. That's a big problem.

Secondly, %ED, +Min, and +Max affixes are bugged on jewels when socketed into non-weapons. It doesn't help that you can roll any combo of these with having up to four affix slots.

Thirdly, of the 56 affixes that can spawn on rare jewels, only some are worth mentioning: MF, FHR, Dex, Str, and All Res. Good luck getting any of these to spawn together with decent rolls.

Fun fact: a long time ago, 10 All Res/9 Dex/9 Str/7 FHR rares were heavily duped and placed into jeweler's + whale armor.
OP

fwib 14

Sorceress Europe PC
Thanks, figured something like that was going on :)
Interesting vid btw

All trades are softcore, PC, non-ladder. All prices are negotiable.
Rare jewels can be some of the most valuable items in the game IF they roll perfectly...

But the thing is, when there's so many possible affixes, it's hard to get all the good ones AND to roll them high.

It's just like rare rings; You could find a rare ring worth 10
Ber
, but how many rare rings that aren't even worth 1 pgem will you find before you find this one? Most players won't find such a ring in their lifetime, even if they play for years.

Same with rare jewels. In fact, jewels are even harder to be great, because there are some mods they can't roll, so they need to roll everything else even better.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...