Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1513 views

Description

Uber Cow King

Spawned by opening a portal to the cow level*.

The Cow Emperor. He spawns in like Dclone(I.E replacing the next super unique pack), but brings a pack of champion cows with him. The pack is a royal court of cows Cow Queen, Cow jester, Princess Cow, etc (preferably with great pun names I haven't thought of yet), and drops a unique jewel. I am thinking difficulty around the level of Ubers.

*maybe a %chance per portal and opens just for that game, or a counter for a region kinda like DClone (but more likely to just happen without planned walks)

I thought it sounded fun and wanted to share here. Feel free to suggest your own twists or tell me i am dumb for wanting it lol.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Uber Cow King

The Cow Emperor. He spawns in like Dclone(I.E replacing the next super unique pack), but brings a pack of champion cows with him. The pack is a royal court of cows Cow Queen, Cow jester, Princess Cow, etc (preferably with great pun names I haven't thought of yet), and drops a unique jewel. I am thinking difficulty around the level of Ubers.

*maybe a %chance per portal and opens just for that game, or a counter for a region kinda like DClone (but more likely to just happen without planned walks)

I thought it sounded fun and wanted to share here. Feel free to suggest your own twists or tell me i am dumb for wanting it lol.

All Prices Negotiable :-)
i've always thought an uber cow level would be fun. beefier cows, higher enemy density, and maybe make them all extra fast just for good measure.
I just want them to give
Uber Duriel
and
Izual
actual names. It's weird that
Lilith
has one and they don't.
007Bistromath wrote: 1 year ago
I just want them to give
Uber Duriel
and
Izual
actual names. It's weird that
Lilith
has one and they don't.
There is Lore as to why.
Lilith
is not
Andariel

"After her legions of Succubi and strongest daughter
Andariel
were killed by mortals who successfully defended the Worldstone,
Lilith
, the Queen of the Succubi and matron of all demons, swore to personally intervene. She masterminded the revival of Diablo by manifesting herself in the mortal realm and performing a ritual of Dark Summoning. This ritual, long thought to be impossible by the most powerful mortal wizards, allowed
Lilith
to link with Diablo across realms, strengthening him until he was finally able to once again reincarnate himself in the mortal plane. Rage and a deep yearning for revenge boiled within the eyes of the Lord of
Terror
, and together he and
Lilith
resurrected the two remaining Prime Evils as well as
Duriel
and
Izual
, two of their strongest agents.

Diablo announced his grand plan - the Three were finally strong enough to spread Pandemonium throughout Sanctuary. The Three amassed their forces in a ravaged outpost within the mortal realm - Über
Tristram
. It is only here that heroes can hope to best the Three once more, and save Sanctuary from certain Destruction."
Seamus McNugget wrote: 1 year ago
There's one problem with this: it's not possible to open a portal there because the cow level is a lie! XD

In all seriousness, it's a cool idea. Personally, I'd rather it be that there's an item that can drop in the regular cow level that is used to make the portal to the Ubermoos. This makes it tradeable, so players that don't grind cows often have a better chance of participating in the event. It would also give more control over the encounter to those that do grind cows. If the Uber Cow Royalty is difficult AND rare, it could be really unfun if low-geared/capability characters can accidentally spawn them in.

EX: I was doing cows to level my crappy javazon and triggered Uber Cows. Except she can't handle them and died. Boy I wish I could've brought my maxed Poison Necro instead! Oh well, better luck next 200 runs.

Especially if Uber Cow Royalty drop something unique/special, this chain of bad luck could really suck. By comparison, it's a lot easier to have a competent character out during a Dclone walk and when doing regular Ubers, and I'd argue impossible not to have an underpowered character out if you know what you're doing.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
OP
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
There's one problem with this: it's not possible to open a portal there because the cow level is a lie! XD

In all seriousness, it's a cool idea. Personally, I'd rather it be that there's an item that can drop in the regular cow level that is used to make the portal to the Ubermoos. This makes it tradeable, so players that don't grind cows often have a better chance of participating in the event. It would also give more control over the encounter to those that do grind cows. If the Uber Cow Royalty is difficult AND rare, it could be really unfun if low-geared/capability characters can accidentally spawn them in.

EX: I was doing cows to level my crappy javazon and triggered Uber Cows. Except she can't handle them and died. Boy I wish I could've brought my maxed Poison Necro instead! Oh well, better luck next 200 runs.

Especially if Uber Cow Royalty drop something unique/special, this chain of bad luck could really suck. By comparison, it's a lot easier to have a competent character out during a Dclone walk and when doing regular Ubers, and I'd argue impossible not to have an underpowered character out if you know what you're doing.
cougar wrote: 1 year ago
i've always thought an uber cow level would be fun. beefier cows, higher enemy density, and maybe make them all extra fast just for good measure.
Maybe combine these, and if you use
Wirt's Leg
, a tp tome, and a standard of heros (or whatever the useless uber drop is called) it opens a portal to a super-hard cow level with better drops and a unique jewel if you kill the cow emeror. so it is accessible enough, but still requires some work to do. and the banner is tradable, which is a plus.

All Prices Negotiable :-)
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago

cougar wrote: 1 year ago
Maybe combine these, and if you use
Wirt's Leg
, a tp tome, and a standard of heros (or whatever the useless uber drop is called) it opens a portal to a super-hard cow level with better drops and a unique jewel if you kill the cow emeror. so it is accessible enough, but still requires some work to do. and the banner is tradable, which is a plus.
Yeah, it's
Standard of Heroes
. That's a great idea! I'd totally be down for that. I'll never turn down higher difficulties as a reward/challenge for higher power characters. The idea to make it a jewel is interesting too. That way, unlike Torch and Annihulus which are super powerful and come with no opportunity cost, there could be a build-based decision making process for whether or not to use it. "Ooh, should I use Ubercow's Jewel for X, Facet for -res, or
Um
for resists?" Yay decision-making and room for theorycrafting.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
How about Uber Meph with souls and Uber
Nihlathak
with Death Lords and Stygian Dolls?
And you have Oblivion Knights to curse you while fighting Uber bosses?

Relax and have fun!
Oooh like lord of bells in the neph rifts in d3! I really love getting infernal bovine rifts, they're always super fun.

ATTENTION: I WILL BE MOVING ON JUNE 30TH, ALL TRADES WILL BE PAUSED. FIBER WILL BE INSTALLED ON JULY 5TH, IF YOU PLACE AN OFFER BETWEEN THOSE DAYS I WILL NOT SEE YOUR BIDS UNTIL JULY 6TH.
ohhhooohhhoo yes uber cow king and queen would be so fun x)

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation