Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   5050 views

Description

Instead of the standard Grief, a Lawbringer on a tesladin is actually a pretty good weapon option.

I put 20 hard points in to
Cleansing
instead of maxing
Zeal
, which boosts a level 18
Sanctuary Aura
to 187–230 Magic damage aura + knockback to Undead. And as it turns out, many 'undead' are actually lightning immunes, like ghosts and wisps. So this actually pairs quite nicely with our
Holy Shock

It boasts a reliable chance to cast
Decrepify
on striking, which can break physical immunities. The slow also stacks with
Holy Freeze
(from your merc) which makes you pretty safe in many situations.

Additionally, it grants 7% lifesteal and Slain Enemies rest in Peace, which makes running Nithalak slightly safer.

Also, a high level
Cleansing
aura to swap to is super nice to have to clear up poison/chill/curses. Takes a couple seconds for anything to be cleansed.

I think this is a pretty decent option instead of going for Dragon + Hand of Justice, considering it allows you to keep your chest slot free for Fortitude or Enigma. You can easily still swap to Grief as well for Ubers.
Description by Bellum

Can be used to make Runewords:

Instead of the standard Grief, a Lawbringer on a tesladin is actually a pretty good weapon option.

Cleansing
instead of maxing
Zeal
Sanctuary Aura
to 187–230 Magic damage aura + knockback to Undead. And as it turns out, many 'undead' are actually lightning immunes, like ghosts and wisps. So this actually pairs quite nicely with our
Holy Shock

Decrepify
Holy Freeze

Additionally, it grants 7% lifesteal and Slain Enemies rest in Peace, which makes running Nithalak slightly safer.

Also, a high level
Cleansing
aura to swap to is super nice to have to clear up poison/chill/curses. Takes a couple seconds for anything to be cleansed.

I think this is a pretty decent option instead of going for Dragon + Hand of Justice, considering it allows you to keep your chest slot free for Fortitude or Enigma. You can easily still swap to Grief as well for Ubers.
Lvl 30
Conviction
can break almost all lightning immune monsters (except 2) so you won't care about immune much.
As a Tesladin, why care about physical immune?
The 187–230 Magic damage is nothing compared to the 340-400 raw damage from Grief which can be increased with % Enhanced Damage.
Lawbringer doesn't have IAS, it is hard to reach the last IAS breakpoints since you used already
Helm
and shield to make Dream.

Relax and have fun!
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Lvl 30
Conviction
can break almost all lightning immune monsters (except 2) so you won't care about immune much.
As a Tesladin, why care about physical immune?
The 187–230 Magic damage is nothing compared to the 340-400 raw damage from Grief which can be increased with % Enhanced Damage.
Lawbringer doesn't have IAS, it is hard to reach the last IAS breakpoints since you used already
Helm
Conviction
breaks immunities technically, but those mobs still have high lightning resist so your aura pulse ends up doing very little against them still. With Lawbringer, they will get chunked as an aura.

>As a Tesladin, why care about physical immune?

Probably a moot point, but I just want to point it out. Is there lightning + physical immunes? There are some lightning immune elites
Conviction
doesn't break.

>Lawbringer doesn't have IAS, it is hard to reach the last IAS breakpoints since you used already
Helm

Sure, but ias breakpoints arent really that important when PvM
Chaos Sanctuary
or worldstone for example. Diablo still absolutely melts. You're saving fractions of a second on your single target vs improving your aura AoE damage against annoying ghosts//undead.

I'm not going to die on the hill that Grief is not a better option overall, but Lawbringer is a nice alternative.
OP
It also adds a decent amount of fire and cold damage, which pair well with your
Conviction
>
Conviction
breaks immunities technically, but those mobs still have high lightning resist so your aura pulse ends up doing very little against them still. With Lawbringer, they will get chunked as an aura.

Crescent Moon have -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance so It must be a better option

> Probably a moot point, but I just want to point it out. Is there lightning + physical immunes? There are some lightning immune elites
Conviction
doesn't break.

Well. There are only 2 monsters that
Conviction
can't break lightning immune. Both don't have physical immune.

> You're saving fractions of a second
Those fractions of a second will increase your killing speed by 20% (from 5/5/5/5/9 to 4/4/4/4/8).

Relax and have fun!
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Those fractions of a second will increase your killing speed by 20% (from 5/5/5/5/9 to 4/4/4/4/8).
vs running after ghosts and hitting them one by one.

>Crescent Moon have -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance so It must be a better option

It does not provide another damage aura.
Bellum wrote: 1 year ago
vs running after ghosts and hitting them one by one.

>Crescent Moon have -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance so It must be a better option

It does not provide another damage aura.
No one run after monsters to hit them one by one while MFing.

> It does not provide another damage aura.
Reduce Enemy Resistance is much more important than increase damage especially when the monsters immunity is just broke by the aura.

Relax and have fun!

Cleansing
instead of maxing
Zeal
Sanctuary Aura
Holy Shock

Decrepify
Holy Freeze

Also, a high level
Cleansing

have you killed ubers with this setup?
did you get a torch solo with this setup?

OP
If you want to ignore the point I'm making, fine by me 😂

Of course it can do ubers, but you wont want to because you'll override your lifetap with
Decrepify

Cleansing
instead of maxing
Zeal
Sanctuary Aura
Holy Shock

Decrepify
Holy Freeze

Also, a high level
Cleansing

More aoe vs single target dps sounds like an interesting trade off to me. Just need to farm up another
Jah
rune so I can try it on ladder :)
OP
Also im just now fighting a Lightning/Physical immune cow king, Crescent Moon was useless, but Lawbringer is able to break the immunity and I can easily kill him.

Though I do admit Crescent Moon may be an overall better option.

Of course it can do ubers, but you wont want to because you'll override your lifetap with
Decrepify
oh no, I‘m not ignoring anything. just wondering.

I was actually going to bring up Cow king for lightning Phys. Also lmao props on the
Had me rolling and you'll learn assuming you haven't already found out, that suboptimal = "you're wrong" by most gamers. I really like this take, the pally is very versatile at a lot of different things through auras and damage combat skills, if you will idk what to call them. I managed to make a lowbie auradin to power level randoms. I clocked in almost 5k AoE damage in about a 5 yard radius on him with a
Kuko Shakaku
, Which is very modest damage even into hell for a sub 40 character. If the arrow connects it's upwards of 10k damage to 2 targets so keep trying new stuff if not for you, for people like me to intake the info.

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm
still not assuming anything :)

Not sure if that's a response to me crispin or not. For what it's worth I feel like his "ignore the point" comment was targeted at more-so the other dude maybe the first 2 commentors. That being said im not them so idk for sure, just feels that way. :)

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm
Theoutrank wrote: 1 year ago
Not sure if that's a response to me crispin or not. For what it's worth I feel like his "ignore the point" comment was targeted at more-so the other dude maybe the first 2 commentors. That being said im not them so idk for sure, just feels that way. :)
naw, my bad. just forgot the quotes.
all good.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Crescent Moon is the BiS for a tesladin utilizing dreams. You get the fastest clear on everything P7+ with Cmoon, Double dreams, and lvl 25
Conviction
(max in PvE).

What you're saying is fine and the theory isn't bad, but a Cmoon is legit as strong if not better than Grief in a lot of circumstances and much cheaper. The -35% after the
Conviction
breaks resistances plus the constant procing of static and CL, combined with the fact it amps your onhit, pulses and procs.

Signed a dedicated Tesladin player :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...