Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   1025 views

Description

Hi, I have looked around the net for information about adding a socket to an item and I'm not sure I found the right answer or just don't like the answers I found lol. I have a nice Superior Phase Blase White I want to add sockets too. Is there a way to insure how many sockets you can add to it? I am trying to use it for Grief and would like 5 sockets of course. I know the cube is random but is there a guaranteed way to get a certain number from the socket quest?
Thanks in advance

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi, I have looked around the net for information about adding a socket to an item and I'm not sure I found the right answer or just don't like the answers I found lol. I have a nice Superior Phase Blase White I want to add sockets too. Is there a way to insure how many sockets you can add to it? I am trying to use it for Grief and would like 5 sockets of course. I know the cube is random but is there a guaranteed way to get a certain number from the socket quest?
Thanks in advance

I looking for something to make a for now Insight 😊
Superior items cannot be socketed with cube recipe. You can only socket that to 6 sockets with
Larzuk
. When socketing with
Larzuk
, he will give max number of sockets that item can have. If it wasn't superior you have a 1/6 chance of it being 5os with the cube recipe
Cashtiger wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks in advance
Captincorpse is absolutely correct.
Larzuk
socket quest will simply give you the maximum sockets based on item and the item level. And the socket cube recipe does not work on superior items. If you want a 5 socket
Phase Blade
you have to find it out in the wild already with 5 sockets or find a plain White
Phase Blade
and use the cube socket recipe hoping for 5 sockets.
OP
Thank you both so much. That is what I found on the web. I just found out about using the cube for sockets a few days ago. No luck so far. Now I can either make a six socket PB I for maybe MF and look for an ED 5 socket for Grief. Thanks again.

I looking for something to make a for now Insight 😊
you also need to be aware where you found the
Phase Blade

for example, a White
Phase Blade
from a cow level in normal will give you always 100% 4 sockets from
Larzuk
. you need to have it from an area with a higher itemlevel if you want 5 or 6 sockets respectively.
Larzuk
will always give you the max amount of sockets and he checks the itemlevel for the item you bring.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
[...]
for example, a White
Phase Blade
from a cow level in normal will give you always 100% 4 sockets from
Larzuk
[...]
You cant find elite item in normal. The game will never give you that.
yeah, think they meant
Crystal Sword
from norm cows get 4 soc from socket quest
yep,
Crystal Sword
. my bad.

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
If you know the alvl of the area the item drops in, you know the mlvl of the monster that dropped it.

If you know the mlvl of the monster that dropped it, you can work out how many sockets
Larzuk
will give to it (by visiting the item's page in the database here and viewing the 'sockets by ilvl' block).

Crystal Sword
for example:

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...