Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1738 views

Description

Hello

I can't chat in game 'trade'. In other games there is no problem. Someone know what is wrong?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello

I can't chat in game 'trade'. In other games there is no problem. Someone know what is wrong?

Gooliver#2951
There's no such chat.

Battle.net: Neurotoxina#2284

Don't be afraid to offer in the Trade section, not everyone knows the price of the item they own and maybe they just look for a rune to complete a runeword.

´\(o_o )/` ´\( o_o )/` ´\( o_o)/`
OP
chat = in game enter and write to other person.
In every game i can chat. In game name 'trade' i can't chat.
I push enter, write, push again enter and i don't see my text in chat. I can't see text others people too.

Gooliver#2951
I think I know what you are talking about. The new bnet way of communicating is garbage. Post a screen of what it looks like what you try to chat. I might be able to help you troubleshoot but I want to make sure I know what the issue is before telling you something haha.

OP
This problem is only in game 'trade'

Gooliver#2951

y2kid 109

PC
Is it only for that particular game? If yes, very odd indeed... Otherwise I think it is a "chat desync" kind of issue. I get it a few times per day. Sometimes you will not be able to communicate with others (sux). Then you play some games for 20/30 minutes and suddenly you'll see a message "Reconnected to channel XXX" in blue. Usually for me that means that I am able to chat with people again. It is frustrating and I want it fixed but frankly I think Blizzard have a bigger fish to fry here.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
OP
Yes it's only in game name 'trade'. I have that problem since week. In other games there is no problem. I don't have a message "Reconnected to channel XXX".

Gooliver#2951

HFA 40

Sorceress Europe PC
The thing I've noticed is that if you're in different regions but join a bnet friend directly, then the in-game chat is completely non-functional. Whispering to each other works just fine, but when trying to chat in the game itself, your messages will just not show up. I even had it happen that when I opened up the next game in my own region again, all the messages I tried typing earlier will then immediately pop up at the start of the game.

I've traded multiple times with people in different regions, so I've added them on bnet and joined their game directly while I was in the EU region and they were either in the Americas or Asia region. Every single time the in-game chat was broken for me. It was also broken for everyone in the game at that point, even if someone else joined after from the same region as me, we couldn't chat in-game either. It's nice that you can join friends games directly regardless of region, but it looks like the chat function was not built for this.

I don't know if this is the case for your games Gooliver, but that's what I've noticed about the chat functionality thus far at least.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I have had nothing but bad experiences with the in-game chat system. I can't even put my finger on why it is so bad, it's just really difficult to use. I wish they'd rip it out and replace it with a more modern system.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
OP
Yes HFA, it looks like the problem is diffrent region. Thx.

My region is europe. 'Trade' game is very popular. It's always open. Now I think someone from other region created it week ago. I don't see this game in game list becouse on this list are games only from my region.

Gooliver#2951

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...