Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
47 replies   3928 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Tavron wrote: 2 years ago
@SudoDragon I'd be interested in lending a hand :)
Awesome! I've just sent over some info in a private message, hopefully it all makes sense!
Also @Teebling in the interest of brainstorming - I think the full level 1-60+ breakdown makes sense for the skill entry itself, but we probably need to show less info in the mouseover tooltip.

Like if I typed
Fireball
in this chat we wouldn't want all that info. I'm thinking we could do something like the PoE wiki does, which shows the range of stats between level 1 to 20 in shorthand - for the skill I linked it looks like "Deals (6-133) to (33-754) Lightning Damage", we could do something similar for mana costs and other skill stats. And if someone wants to know what it does at lvl 34 or something, they can click through to the main skill entry.

Curious what you all think about that.
OP

Teebling 5796Admin

Europe PC
SudoDragon wrote: 2 years ago
And if someone wants to know what it does at lvl 34 or something, they can click through to the main skill entry.
Oh definitely will be taking this into account, yes. Tooltips are for context, full info would be on the skill page itself. With you on this one.

Hi team - just an update on the skills formulas: @Tavron and I made good progress on this over the weekend. We've finished the Amazon, Sorceress, Paladin, and nearly finished the Druid. You can have a look at the Google sheet we've been working on to see both the formulas and the skill values up to 60.

Once we finish, what is the next step here @Teebling? Do just open it up to other contributors to start copying values into the database?

A couple of notes:
  1. We've left out any value that doesn't depend on level (e.g. mana cost for
    Ice Bolt
    ) - those can be copied pretty easily from the game or a skill calculator.
  2. Synergies aren't computed into this sheet. Some skills have ~5 synergies, which would give us over 50 Million combinations (and that's just to lvl 20). It's probably better to just display what the synergies are (and their values), but have the table of skill data only refer to the skill itself. If you want synergies, a skill calculator is a better fit.
Hopefully those make sense to everyone - happy to explain or expand as needed.

I'll let you know when we've finished inputting the rest of the skills!
OP

Teebling 5796Admin

Europe PC
Fantastic work @Tavron and @SudoDragon. This is going to make the task of populating the DB so much easier for @
Stormlash
and the other contributors. Really appreciate the time and effort that has gone into this guys.

Do make a post here when the sheet is complete with the required data, so I can schedule in the start of DB contributions for skills (will probably be around early Sept as I am now away from home on a work trip).

Noted on synergies and mana cost etc. - totally realistic and we can cover these possibilities in another way.

Ok we've completed all the skill entries in the Google sheet!

We checked the skill values against my https://d2planner.github.io/ as we went and fixed all bugs we found - but it's probably worth someone else having a look through some of them to double-check (or we can just fix them as people flag issues). If anyone does take the time to check values, looking at lvl 1 and lvl 40 is more than enough, and take care to remove points from any synergies!

Big thanks to @Tavron, who completed fully half of this sheet despite not having prior experience with skills data. Really excellent work!
OP

Teebling 5796Admin

Europe PC
Immense work @SudoDragon and @Tavron. Real grit to complete that whole spreadsheet. A third pair of eyes to double check as suggested would be greatly appreciated moving forwards.

Khegan 376

Very nice work on that skill sheet. I imagine it took a lot of work figuring out the numbers for skills with non-linear scaling.

After a quick skim, I noticed
Fade
doesn't have its levelled % physical resist included. I don't know if that was intentionally omitted, but I thought to mention it here anyway.
Hey Khegan, thanks for having a look - but I think the physical resist on
Fade
is a PD2 thing only.

If you have other tips or questions you can add them as comments in the sheet - I'll get an email about any added that way.

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
A third pair of eyes to double check as suggested would be greatly appreciated moving forwards.
Working on it.

Khegan 376

SudoDragon wrote: 2 years ago
Hey Khegan, thanks for having a look - but I think the physical resist on
Fade
is a PD2 thing only.
Are you sure? I've never played any D2 mods, but I'm fairly certain that the hidden resist bonus on
Fade
has been in vanilla for a long time.

Fade on Arreat Summit

Deleted User 632 0

hidden physical resist should be in the game. says so on Amazon basin too. and it has a bit different looking formula. Fade
Ah cool, yeah I haven't done the work to add in hidden modifiers - any chance either of you have a list of all of them?

If I knew where to look I'm confident I could work out the formulas for each from the game files. Worst case I'll add the one for
Fade
, thanks for pointing it out!

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@SudoDragon

Fade
: 1% Physical Damage Reduction per level (hard or soft);
Valkyrie
:
Decoy
increases Valk's all resistances by 2% per level (hard or soft)
Resist Fire
/Cold/Lightning: 1% max resistance per 2 hard points;
Blessed Aim
: 5% increased Attack Rating per hard point;

These are the ones I remember from the top of my head. Not so sure about the actual %, so don't quote me on that.

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@Teebling Triple check done.

So, just to clarify, I triple-checked all the values from @SudoDragon and @Tavron spreadsheet (AMAZING work, guys!) with the ingame tooltip descriptions.
Here is the result.

Ingame values that look different from the spreadsheet (in some cases, because Diablo II struggles with decimal numbers (for some reason)) have a Yellow background.
Ingame values that are completely wrong (Blizzard's end) have a Red background.

Also, a shoutout to @siulk who helped me with some of these.
And if anyone wants to quadruple-check these values, please, by all means, do so.

Thank you, everyone!

OP

Teebling 5796Admin

Europe PC
Thanks @
Stormlash
and @siulk for your help with the checkover there. So I guess that’s everything ready to go into the DB right? Or tavron/sudo any other final adjustments to make?

I'll have a look at the values they flagged up and make sure it's a mistake on the games side rather than ours - otherwise should be good to go! I'll let you know when I've had a look.
Hey @
Stormlash
it looks like I don't have access to the sheet you linked - I've requested access, can you approve or open the public link for comments?

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@SudoDragon My bad.
Here you go with Editor capabilities.

Hey @
Stormlash
, thanks for doing that extra check. I've looked over the numbers in your sheet and many of the values you highlighted in yellow don't match what is shown in game (1.14D).

I think the cause may have been some copy errors when moving values over from my sheet. Some examples:
Blaze
's fire duration looks like it's off by one level in your sheet (I've checked against the game using Hero Editor),
Dim Vision
's duration is pulled from a different row entirely. Some of the rounding behaviour may be copy issues as well, e.g.
Fire Wall
's length is correctly shown to one decimal in my sheet but is rounded incorrectly in yours.

In any case, I'm not seeing any errors here that need to be fixed, but would recommend using the sheet that Tavron and I worked on (here) to populate the values for the database. There may still be mistakes there somewhere, but anything we've found so far has been fixed.

So yeah, as long as we use that sheet I think we're good to go!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...