Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   398 views

Description

I just saw that D2emu.com not only has an online terror zone tracker but also a dclone tracker. They claim that it is a "Live
Diablo Clone
tracker updated the moment Battle.net knows". Not sure if it is new or how long they have that but I'm curious how accurate it is and if it can actually show unannounced walks.
Description by atari

Can be used to make Runewords:

atari 578

Europe XLinux
I just saw that D2emu.com not only has an online terror zone tracker but also a dclone tracker. They claim that it is a "Live
Diablo Clone
tracker updated the moment Battle.net knows". Not sure if it is new or how long they have that but I'm curious how accurate it is and if it can actually show unannounced walks.

Schnorki 3698Moderator

PC
Theoretically, all you need is a bot sitting in each region&mode to catch the updates as they happen and you've got yourself a real-time reliable tracker.

And seeing how blizz doesn't do anything about bots, there's nothing stopping someone from doing just that so...wouldn't be surprised if there is real-time trackers by now.

ShadowHeart 2586Moderator

Europe PC
d2emu.com is 100% accurate and has been around since last year. Not sure how long exactly, but D2R Clone Hunters has a d2emu status feed that has been live since at least October of last year or so. Besides a few short service outages (where the d2emu owner had to restart game clients or something), I can say with certainty that it is 100% accurate.

The way it works, I think, is that d2emu essentially has an account up and running on each region and game mode 24/7 (that's 12 total), and it watches the chat log via screen reading. I don't think there's any bot involved (not one controlling the game instances anyway), I don't see why one would even be needed. This information is then turned into a status report which can be seen on their website - but they also have a webhooks API that anyone may use. If you subscribe to their API, your API client will essentially get "pinged" pretty much instantly when a status update happens on any region or game mode.

Several D2R related Discord servers that I know have implemented Discord bots that are fed from d2emu for instant status updates. D2R Clone Hunters is one.

The guy who made d2emu, Mysterio, is not some shady figure either - if you're on D2R Clone Hunters, WarTh3ory's discord, or the d2emu discord, you can reach out and have a chat with him.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3698Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 2 weeks ago
[..]
I don't think there's any bot involved (not one controlling the game instances anyway), I don't see why one would even be needed.
[..]
For the occasional necessary reconnect.
Even without that though, I just rolled "in-game bot", screen reader and all that into 'bot' (i.e. "automated stuff that isn't done by a human being").

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 weeks ago
Even without that though, I just rolled "in-game bot", screen reader and all that into 'bot' (i.e. "automated stuff that isn't done by a human being").
Fair enough :) A bot that doesn't actually interact with the game (just watches what happens on the screen) wouldn't even be against Blizzard's ToS anyway (right?), so there's a distinction there that may be important. Some may interpret 'bot' in this case as the same thing as the bots that are running rampant and farming items for RMT purposes. But I don't actually know how Mysterio has implemented this, how much he has automated and how much manual action is needed.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.

Schnorki 3698Moderator

PC
Fair enough :) A bot that doesn't actually interact with the game (just watches what happens on the screen) wouldn't even be against Blizzard's ToS anyway (right?), so there's a distinction there that may be important. Some may interpret 'bot' in this case as the same thing as the bots that are running rampant and farming items for RMT purposes. But I don't actually know how Mysterio has implemented this, how much he has automated and how much manual action is needed.
Well, strictly speaking it still breaks the ToS, seeing how screen-reading is still a form of interaction (let alone auto-reconnecting). And it still grants an advantage over those who don't use it (specifically the dclone tracking in this case).

Not that it really matters, seeing how Blizz obv doesn't care either way. ^^

Europe PC
Fair enough, I had interpreted that part of the ToS differently - that it was specifically about control rather than any kind of interaction. And to be fair, neither of us really know if there's actually any automation involved for re-connecting, for all we know he handles it all manually. You may be right, but in the end it doesn't really matter, and I'm not going to argue against your point, because I simply don't know.

Anyway - to the OP and anyone else who is reading this - the d2emu service is provided openly & free of
Charge
for anyone to use, it's not gatekept, it's not a secret, and it's 100% accurate (as long as there aren't any service outages, which there has been very few of so far). Use it if you will ;)

Schnorki 3698Moderator

PC
[..]
and I'm not going to argue against your point, because I simply don't know.
[..]
And because it isn't worth us arguing about, seeing how it doesn't matter in the slightest and noone but blizz would ever be in a position to do anything anyways, even if it did. :D

Europe PC
And because it isn't worth us arguing about, seeing how it doesn't matter in the slightest and noone but blizz would ever be in a position to do anything anyways, even if it did. :D
Haha, definitely true that :D

Th3ory 536

Paladin Americas PC
atari wrote: 2 weeks ago
Diablo Clone
This is and has been active in my Discord - and we have it updated to websockets making it legitimately nearly real time. As Shadow called out, there are a few others that are moving towards an upgrade.

It has been massively helpful catching clones quickly, especially in HC.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...