Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   192 views

Enchant: Were "fire pierce" and "% Fire Damage" bonus snapshotted on cast?

No data yet

Description

Hi

When we cast
Enchant
(for example using Obedience or
Demon Limb
), if we were using equipment with "+% To Fire Skill Damage" and/or "-% To Enemy Fire Resistance" (like
Rainbow Facet: Fire Level-up
or Flickering Flame), were those bonus snapshotted?
(and so we can then swap our "fire bonus equipment" and still keep the bonus - just for the
Enchant
damage)

My guess would be yes for the damage and no for the pierce 🤔 🤔 🤔

OBS: It's is more a curiosity, as non-sorceress use
Enchant
mostly for the AR, as the damage without synergies is very very low...
Description by fredkid

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

When we cast
Enchant
(for example using Obedience or
Demon Limb
), if we were using equipment with "+% To Fire Skill Damage" and/or "-% To Enemy Fire Resistance" (like
Rainbow Facet: Fire Level-up
or Flickering Flame), were those bonus snapshotted?
(and so we can then swap our "fire bonus equipment" and still keep the bonus - just for the
Enchant
damage)

My guess would be yes for the damage and no for the pierce 🤔 🤔 🤔

OBS: It's is more a curiosity, as non-sorceress use
Enchant
mostly for the AR, as the damage without synergies is very very low...
Answeredby ShadowHeart3 weeks agoGo to post
Fire pierce only applies when the damage is applied to a target. I.e., it uses what you have at time of attack.

For +% Fire Skill Damage the answer is - both.

% Fire Skill Damage (including that from Fire Mastery) applies both when casting Enchant, and when the fire damage is applied to a target (when you attack something). I.e., you have a "double-dip" effect. The % Fire Skill Damage at Enchant cast is "snapshotted" at cast, and then whatever % Fire Skill Damage you currently have when applying any Fire Damage through an attack (whether that which originally came from Enchant, or that which came from equipment) is applied again. I.e., whatever +% Fire Skill Damage is applied again at time of attack.

Before 2.6, ranged attacks didn't benefit from the double-dip - only the bonus at cast mattered. For melee attacks, the double-dip effect always happened. 2.6 changed it so that the double-dip also affected ranged attacks, and that's when the demon enchantress became really popular (it was a thing before too, it just became bonkers afterwards).

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

ShadowHeart 2591Moderator

Europe PC
Fire pierce only applies when the damage is applied to a target. I.e., it uses what you have at time of attack.

For +% Fire Skill Damage the answer is - both.

% Fire Skill Damage (including that from
Fire Mastery
) applies both when casting
Enchant
, and when the fire damage is applied to a target (when you attack something). I.e., you have a "double-dip" effect. The % Fire Skill Damage at
Enchant
cast is "snapshotted" at cast, and then whatever % Fire Skill Damage you currently have when applying any Fire Damage through an attack (whether that which originally came from
Enchant
, or that which came from equipment) is applied again. I.e., whatever +% Fire Skill Damage is applied again at time of attack.

Before 2.6, ranged attacks didn't benefit from the double-dip - only the bonus at cast mattered. For melee attacks, the double-dip effect always happened. 2.6 changed it so that the double-dip also affected ranged attacks, and that's when the demon enchantress became really popular (it was a thing before too, it just became bonkers afterwards).
This post was marked as the best answer.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...