Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   449 views

Description

I have been crafting caster amulets for a long time now (have crafted hundreds) and I have a few questions.

How do you actually tell if a crafted amulet has any worth? I can tell what looks to be kind of good and what definitely isn't but when I try to trade some of them no offers are made. I'd say 99% of them are 9% or below FCR but some of the "better" ones have several or all res, lots of life, maybe some mf etc. Then I have had only maybe 1% that have had 10% FCR but not 1 amulet I have ever crafted has had more than 10%. Also I should note that I'm talking about only amulets that have +2 skills as I ignore everything else.

At what %FCR does a skiller actually start developing any worth at all, I relize this may be different for each class?

I'm crafting amults on a level 94 by gambling the amulets, I read that would be the best level to gamble to get the correct ilvl amulet for crafting. Also I'm playing on NL.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have been crafting caster amulets for a long time now (have crafted hundreds) and I have a few questions.

How do you actually tell if a crafted amulet has any worth? I can tell what looks to be kind of good and what definitely isn't but when I try to trade some of them no offers are made. I'd say 99% of them are 9% or below FCR but some of the "better" ones have several or all res, lots of life, maybe some mf etc. Then I have had only maybe 1% that have had 10% FCR but not 1 amulet I have ever crafted has had more than 10%. Also I should note that I'm talking about only amulets that have +2 skills as I ignore everything else.

At what %FCR does a skiller actually start developing any worth at all, I relize this may be different for each class?

I'm crafting amults on a level 94 by gambling the amulets, I read that would be the best level to gamble to get the correct ilvl amulet for crafting. Also I'm playing on NL.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch
I'm in your boat. I've crafted many amulets as well and only ever crafted 1 gg 2/20 with all res sorc ammy. I also believe I have crafted some that I thought were trash and later found out they were probably pretty good because I didn't know for that class 18 fcr is actually pretty good or maybe only 9 for that other one.

There is a site that you can check stats for items to see if they are worth much but I find it too time consuming to do so I usually just stick everything I think should be reviewed in a mule somewhere to review later and I never do.

azeroti#1149
PC/PS/Switch
Selling ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
Blindfire187 wrote: 1 month ago

Every class has BPS and there is no 1 easy answer that satisfies all classes. Because not every BP maybe optimal for the same class with 2 or more different load outs.

Since you are specifically talking about Caster, then having a +2 X class skills with 20 is the penultimate roll. 5-10FCR being the guaranteed set for this recipe, and also hoping to roll the "apprentice" suffix to add another 10 on top. (rare skill amulets can only get 10FCR max all you need is gold and time)

For instance, in order to get a 10Frame FCR BP for a barb, one simply needs a total of 37FCR, which means a 17FCR on a
Caster Amulet
is sufficient (it doesn't NEED to be a 20FCR perfect) and another 20FCR to achieve this. Knowing that 1 Pt cut-off between a 16FCR and 17FCR can make a difference.

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.
15 fcr is enough for a gg necro/pal ammy

Teleport
very smooth
It requires to check according to class how useful it is to relevant class's FCR break point but in general, +2 skill, 10+ FCR, as much as possible life, mana, regen. mana, repl. life, damage reduction, all res and for ES Sorceress PDLR makes it valuable depending on the use case whether it's on PvP or PvE. 2 20s are mostly sought after, ofc.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
krathkor wrote: 1 month ago
15 fcr is enough for a gg necro/pal ammy

Teleport
very smooth
You made me check my old diabloii.net posts... :P

Screenies from circa 2008 - 2010 - you want OG , i'll give you OG!
MAN I was so DEDICATED back then...i got goosebumps reading my old posts from an archive!
MAN I was so DEDICATED back then...i got goosebumps reading my old posts from an archive!

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.
You can find some useful Affixes in the page of each crafted amulet page.

Generally, you want sth better than existing unique amulets (Highlord's, Mara's, etc)

+skill and fcr are mandatory to be better than Mara's.
Useful affixes are str, dex, life, mana, resist, plr.
Barbs may need EG,
Teleport
charges for gold find.

Relax and have fun!

TheDoo 359

Europe PC
Yeah... For some classes/builds even something like 25+Str, 25+Dex with 2 skills and decent FCR can be massive and pricey, even if you don't roll anything else.

With crafting you need to put yourself in a mindset of a gold/
Diamond
miner... You're gonna work brutally hard and invest everything you got for that glimpse of hope and joy (that may never come)! Someone have all the luck in the world and crafts a GG item in couple of hundreds tries and someone takes tens of thousands to get there... It's all just RNG but when you finally achieve it, it's a god darn fabulous feeling. :)

Some other people craft just for funzies as well xd

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller can ask for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay."
Blindfire187 wrote: 1 month ago
Also I should note that I'm talking about only amulets that have +2 skills as I ignore everything else.
when im 'low' lvl i join lvl 96 tz games and loot amulets dropped from monsters to use for crafting, to get +2 on a crafted amulet the amulet ilvl and your lvl divided by 2 and added just have to sum up to 90 or above

ilvl 96 amulet / 2 = 48
your lvl then have to be 84 / 2 = 42
48 + 42 = 90, so from lvl 84 you can craft the +2 amulets by looting amulets dropped from monsters in a
Terror
zone lvl 96, and when you lvl up 2 lvls it dont have to be 96 anymore but 94 to reach 90 total

thats what i do until im lvl enough to just gamble amulets and i dont care if the amulet have +2 skill only that the amulet is the ilvl i need, could be +1 energy total stat on the amulet i would use it if it was from tz lvl 96.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...