Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   635 views

Do you normally destroy breakable objects (like Act 2 Urns) while farming?

No data yet

Description

Hi

I want to know if people normally destroy the breakable objects (like Act 2 Urns) while farming...

Out of Act 2, where breakable objects are rarer, I normally destroy all of them on my path (and "poke" all dead corpses)
On Act 2, where there are many breakable objects, specially on Tombs, I usually break just a few of them...

While I think it is fun to break them πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
I'm wandering if it worth to break them from the perspective of get good drops... πŸ€” or if it is better to ignore them and just kill more monster over time πŸ€”
Description by fredkid

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

I want to know if people normally destroy the breakable objects (like Act 2 Urns) while farming...

Out of Act 2, where breakable objects are rarer, I normally destroy all of them on my path (and "poke" all dead corpses)
On Act 2, where there are many breakable objects, specially on Tombs, I usually break just a few of them...

I'm wandering if it worth to break them from the perspective of get good drops... πŸ€” or if it is better to ignore them and just kill more monster over time πŸ€”

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
fredkid wrote: 2 weeks ago
Hi

If I kill fast, no. If I kill slow, maybe so. Especially if we're talking about LK.
OP
"LK"? πŸ€”

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Only when bored. :)

(LK =
Lower Kurast
)
only if there are a bunch in one place and when bored.

Right now I am actually farming an armor rack in one of the
Tal Rasha
's tombs. 8 out of 10 times the rack drops a sunspirit. In the event monsters spawn nearby the rack I clear the room and do an extra lap before hitting the rack. On the extra lap I detroy several urns. Have not found anything special yet but picked up some charms.
"LK"? πŸ€”
Lower Kurast
is well known for having lots of pop-ables with the potential to drop
Ber
. Farming LK at p8 is a decent way to get Infinity in SP.
I often break objects and open chests. One day I found an
Ohm
from the chest outside
The Forgotten Tower
OP
Florian_G wrote: 2 weeks ago
Ohm
from the chest outside
The Forgotten Tower
That's the problem... πŸ˜› one day you break one, get an awesome drop, and after that you always think twice before leave them untouched...

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Florian_G wrote: 2 weeks ago
Ohm
from the chest outside
The Forgotten Tower
That's the problem... πŸ˜› one day you break one, get an awesome drop, and after that you always think twice before leave them untouched...
Got a
Ber
on like ladder day 2 a couple seasons ago off a meph chest while lvling (some pug rando had opened it), before even reaching the end of hell.

Still never bothering with chests or destructibles myself after that. :D (unless quite bored, as noted)

Ultimately, it remains a simple factor of drops over time. And opening/breaking all of that stuff takes entirely too long to really ever be worth it imo (with the potential exception of SP LK if you can actually do that without driving yourself insane ^^).

TheDoo 229

Europe PC
DKBam wrote: 2 weeks ago
Right now I am actually farming an armor rack in one of the
Tal Rasha
's tombs. 8 out of 10 times the rack drops a sunspirit. In the event monsters spawn nearby the rack I clear the room and do an extra lap before hitting the rack. On the extra lap I detroy several urns. Have not found anything special yet but picked up some charms.
Don't forget that character positioning also matters when you 'do' racks -- it drops different things depending on exact spot you are standing when item is being dropped from racks but that's a rocket science for me, I just know it exists. :)

@post
What do you mean you don't break stuff? xd

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
TheDoo wrote: 2 weeks ago
Don't forget that character positioning also matters when you 'do' racks -- it drops different things depending on exact spot you are standing when item is being dropped from racks but that's a rocket science for me, I just know it exists. :)
Correct - but this really only applies to Singleplayer where your seed is static. You are able to test to determine the tile and what drops from the rack.
Assuming you are a sorc with TK, then 100% yes. Don't make it your primary focus, but if you are in/around areas with heavy wracks such as LK, Stony Tomb, then go for it.

Especially when things are Terrorized. All objects, including racks upscale with area level upgrading.

Interesting to see this topic!

I usually don't bother with breakables.

However, recently I got my parents back into the game, and in order to let them warm back up to it, I've been playing a full MF/
Battle Orders
horker. He doesn't have a single skill point in a damage-dealing ability, and I run around with Babas and 2x
Gull
on switch.

Since he can't hurt anything, he might as well break things. And wow! In a 3 person party, I've actually gotten a ton of cool stuff from doing it.

Is it a good use of time under normal circumstances? Probably no still. But I'm not sad I've been doing it.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
You know all this years i still dont understand why bliz wouldnt update the gamecode to allow spells and skills to be able to destroy ingame breakable objects like urns etc? Instead of kicking and breaking the urn one at a time manually?

Baxk to topic, i barely break those breakable urns n objs.. too time consuming :)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
In most cases, I basically have to open/pop/check any chests/pots/racks as I've found some truly amazing items from them. If I'm going super speed run mode, I'll skip it. Once you start finding Shakos, Bers, etc from random chests, you start checking them more. There is something quite satisfying about manually kicking all these pots in A2 though.
I try to skip them in my mind, but its so hard not to click them!

At least i dont click all, i should skip all because its not worth it, but.... argh πŸ™‚
I usually don't intentionally do it, but I was running from a pack of extra fast beetles one time because I had low lightning resistance, clicked on a pot and got a perfect serpent's small charm of vita (17 mana/20 life). So RNGesus sometimes hides in them.
All the time.

Want some motivation??

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...