Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   419 views

Description

Hi all, I'm a bit perplexed in terms of how much IAS is required to hit 7fpa for
Double Throw

With warren IAS calculator, it seems like I only need 83 IAS from gear with a lvl 15 fana from Faith on the act 1 hireling. But after creating the character on the maxroll build,
Double Throw
only shows 8fpa when using the BIS* throw barb gear (LOH, highland,
Warshrike
Lacerator
, IAS jeweled
Helm
). However, if I switch the
Helm
to mavina's
Diadem
, 30ias, I'm able to hit 7fpa.

So now I am assuming that I am calculating total IAS from the gears incorrectly....specifically Weapon IAS.

Are the 30ias from each the war shrike and
Lacerator
halved when calculating the IAS for doublethrow?
Description by Atomicharmony24

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all, I'm a bit perplexed in terms of how much IAS is required to hit 7fpa for
Double Throw

With warren IAS calculator, it seems like I only need 83 IAS from gear with a lvl 15 fana from Faith on the act 1 hireling. But after creating the character on the maxroll build,
Double Throw
only shows 8fpa when using the BIS* throw barb gear (LOH, highland,
Warshrike
Lacerator
, IAS jeweled
Helm
). However, if I switch the
Helm
to mavina's
Diadem
, 30ias, I'm able to hit 7fpa.

So now I am assuming that I am calculating total IAS from the gears incorrectly....specifically Weapon IAS.

Lacerator
Atomicharmony24 wrote: 3 weeks ago
Lacerator
On-weapon IAS is counted and added to the IAS total only from the mainhand weapon (left side). IAS from off-hand weapon isn't accounted for at all (including act5 mercenary), except when using
Whirlwind

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Queegon wrote: 3 weeks ago
Atomicharmony24 wrote: 3 weeks ago
Lacerator
On-weapon IAS is counted and added to the IAS total only from the mainhand weapon (left side). IAS from off-hand weapon isn't accounted for at all (including act5 mercenary), except when using
Whirlwind
Thanks Queegon once again for the Insight. That was exactly how I remember it works.

So would that mean one of Warren IAS calculator is incorrect or maxroll build calculator is incorrect?

With a total of 85ias, I should be hitting 7fpa as it shows 83ias is needed in Warren calculator, but maxroll shows that I’m only hitting 8fpa.
Fanaticism
doesn't work by just adding IAS, it also lowers the amount of IAS required to reach a given breakpoint.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

ShadowHeart 1786Moderator

Europe PC
Knappogue wrote: 3 weeks ago
Fanaticism
doesn't work by just adding IAS, it also lowers the amount of IAS required to reach a given breakpoint.
Yes, you can see it as that
Fanaticism
effectively lowers the gear-IAS breakpoints.

Technically speaking, skill-based IAS (like
Fanaticism
) always work at full effect (the % you see is the actual value used by the game in the internal calculations), while gear-based IAS suffers from diminishing returns (the % you get is lower than the sum from gear). Looking at it the other way around, from the perspective of gear IAS (which is what you do 99% of the time), you could say that the skill-based IAS has a bigger effect than the % listed on the skill in terms of gear IAS.

Maxroll has a (very technical and mathematical) article on this;
https://maxroll.gg/d2/resources/attack-speed

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Oh wow. Didn’t know that. Thank you all.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation