Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   414 views

Description

Well it’s happened, I’ve gotten the itch to play a throwing barb again, looking over my old posts i think i can say I’ve explored a fire throwing barb enough -although i don’t think i ever tried a fire thrower wearing Dragon-which lead me back to thinking about a poison throwing barb (because of the Venom proc), which led me back to a physical thrower which led me to Hustle (because it turns out poison sucks for a non PvP barb), then maybe a cold thrower with Fortitude, then back to poison with Treachery and finally to just a normal physical thrower with Enigma with
Metalgrid
and a Beast IG.

I know from my renegade Arbalist i can make a Beast IG from an
Eth
Beast
Thunder Maul
(i do have a spare…somewhere), which i would be able to buff with max BO from a throwing barb…so should be acceptably tanky

Throwing barb for me is one of the ultimate mysteries of D2R… just what set-up is best overall?
It’s like a Rubix cube…i must try!

I think imma test out the following:,
Physical throw barb with Enigma (Beast IG and either Pride/might merc or dual Last Wish merc)
Physical throw barb with Hustle (probably either might with reaper’s toll/dual Last Wish merc is best)
Physical throw barb with Treachery (as above)
Physical throw barb with fort… nah tried this before and it’s just not good enough IAS trumps damage for ranged chars

My testing always includes
Chaos Sanctuary
on P7 and cows on P7, i may do pits, but that’s usually only if im bored. Other gear/skills is all standard. Stats will be enough life for ~2.5k then max dex, i want to hit and i want it to hurt!

Have y’all done any of these builds? Would save me some time! I know throw barbs is one of those builds that everyone plays but almost no-one admits it!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Well it’s happened, I’ve gotten the itch to play a throwing barb again, looking over my old posts i think i can say I’ve explored a fire throwing barb enough -although i don’t think i ever tried a fire thrower wearing Dragon-which lead me back to thinking about a poison throwing barb (because of the Venom proc), which led me back to a physical thrower which led me to Hustle (because it turns out poison sucks for a non PvP barb), then maybe a cold thrower with Fortitude, then back to poison with Treachery and finally to just a normal physical thrower with Enigma with
Metalgrid
and a Beast IG.

I know from my renegade Arbalist i can make a Beast IG from an
Eth
Beast
Thunder Maul
(i do have a spare…somewhere), which i would be able to buff with max BO from a throwing barb…so should be acceptably tanky

Throwing barb for me is one of the ultimate mysteries of D2R… just what set-up is best overall?
It’s like a Rubix cube…i must try!

I think imma test out the following:,
Physical throw barb with Enigma (Beast IG and either Pride/might merc or dual Last Wish merc)
Physical throw barb with Hustle (probably either might with reaper’s toll/dual Last Wish merc is best)
Physical throw barb with Treachery (as above)
Physical throw barb with fort… nah tried this before and it’s just not good enough IAS trumps damage for ranged chars

My testing always includes
Chaos Sanctuary
on P7 and cows on P7, i may do pits, but that’s usually only if im bored. Other gear/skills is all standard. Stats will be enough life for ~2.5k then max dex, i want to hit and i want it to hurt!

Have y’all done any of these builds? Would save me some time! I know throw barbs is one of those builds that everyone plays but almost no-one admits it!

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
I felt like phys + Fortitude + tons of run speed performed the best overall.
(Still gets decent AS, depending on your weapon choices)

Though in this particular case, 'felt' is actually the operative word. :)

Did a bunch of playing around with a number of variations after they got their adjustments and it felt like a clear winner but since I also confirmed that I won't bother with it beyond that (due to a personal dislike of the playstyle), I never bothered actually really running the numbers.
OP
Yea i really wanted the Beast
Iron Golem
to work, so i did
Metalgrid
with Enigma. It does put out some serious DPS, but i just couldn’t get the thing to survive the
Chaos Sanctuary
on p7… but I haven’t tried dual Last Wish yet, maybe the
Life Tap
will help

Rik 132

Americas PC
It’s funny you bring this up as I’m planning on starting a throw barb as well. I just bought a cheap barb torch this morning. I got inspired after using
Double Throw
as my lvl 12-40 build on this seasons trav barb and was impressed with the performance, at least when I have unlimited gold and can just gamble awesome throwing weapons as soon as the new item throwing item becomes available, probably won’t be the same story if I try a start from scratch baba.

In regards to the
Iron Golem
, presumably fire damage is what melts him in Chaos. Those Venom lords or diablos
Firestorm
seem the most likely culprit liquifying your expensive golem into a puddle on the Sanctuary floors. I’d recommend Flickering Flame on a merc, assuming you aren’t using that already. You might test with Hustle first :p

Also I’d use Oath in off hand to open up your ammy slot to give you highlords for the 20 ias and the other obvious reasons. It’s seems Enigma may also be necessary to keep that little bugger alive.

I am rooting for you in the whole
Iron Golem
barb build. I would be stoked to stack another aura or damage curse for my dps poor baba..

Actually I have been thinking of ways to stack more -res on my sorc. Oath offhand with Plague ig or medusas gaze socketed with a rare res jewel? I want to believe there is some place for the off necro ig build…
OP
Yea i bet in lower player counts the IG survival is fine, but try as i might i just can’t keep that thing alive for a whole CS run…

Ah well

Now to experiment with the highest ratio of ed and IAS.

Next up i think is Hustle on swap to get a
Burst of Speed
with
Frenzy
, that might work out ok

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation