Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   425 views

Description

Hi, when crafting, does affix generation follow the rules found on rares? Ie: 3 max of either prefix or suffix, suffixes more likely than prefix? I’ve only recently started paying attention to thi. I couldn’t find the answer online. I do think I’ve observed crafted items with a 3/1 ratio, I assume you can’t get a 4/0 ratio and I assume that suffixes are more likely. Bc I couldn’t find the formula, I will probably start collecting data unless someone here has good breadth of knowledge regarding the topic. Any insights are appreciated!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Rik 132

Americas PC
Hi, when crafting, does affix generation follow the rules found on rares? Ie: 3 max of either prefix or suffix, suffixes more likely than prefix? I’ve only recently started paying attention to thi. I couldn’t find the answer online. I do think I’ve observed crafted items with a 3/1 ratio, I assume you can’t get a 4/0 ratio and I assume that suffixes are more likely. Bc I couldn’t find the formula, I will probably start collecting data unless someone here has good breadth of knowledge regarding the topic. Any insights are appreciated!
Crafted items come with a set number of pre-determined affixes that will always appear, and then an additional 1-4 random affixes. For example, a
Blood Amulet
comes with 3 standard affixes and then 1-4 random additional.
Safety Boots
come with 4 standard affixes then the additional 1-4 random affixes.
You can look up the item you are trying to craft and you will see what the standard affixes are for each craft.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
For the random affixes :
> When 4 I think it is 2 suffixes 2 prefixes.
-> When 3 I am really not sure, but I think it's 2 suffixes 1 prefix
-> The number itself depends on the iLvl, but if high enough you'll always get max number.

Edit : checked my own caster amu : it's 3 suffixes 1 prefix... and it does not seem limited. So forget what I said, it seems it's 4 random that can be anything (not sure the 4/0 or 0/4 can exist though).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Rik 132

Americas PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
For the random affixes :
> When 4 I think it is 2 suffixes 2 prefixes.
-> When 3 I am really not sure, but I think it's 2 suffixes 1 prefix
-> The number itself depends on the iLvl, but if high enough you'll always get max number.

Edit : checked my own caster amu : it's 3 suffixes 1 prefix... and it does not seem limited. So forget what I said, it seems it's 4 random that can be anything (not sure the 4/0 or 0/4 can exist though).
Interesting, I’ll keep an eye out for a 4/0 in my testing. Exciting if possible but I’m guessing not. I suppose a 4/0 would be most exciting if we were able to use ethereal weapons that stayed as such in crafting recipes. I’m thinking a 510 Ed, fools, 2 socketed ethereal blood
Axe
🤤
Up to 4 random affixes (100% for ilvl > 70)

It can spawn 1/3, 2/2, 3/1 but never 0/4 or 4/0 (prefix / suffix)

And, of course, only one per affix group. So if you get titan, you can't get strength

It also only grabs from the rare pool, magic affixes are off limit

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks for the info !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...