diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
24 replies   1331 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate2.0 wrote: 1 month ago
Here’s my set-up, with reasons in brackets

Helm
: Andy’s with 15ias +some fire res (ias, +skills)
Armour: Enigma
Mage Plate
, (tele, + strength)
Weapon: Ebotd
Berserker Axe
(just so much damage, slightly slower than
War Spike
, but hits much harder)
Shield: Phoenix (everything)
Amulet: cat’s eye (ias & frw)
Belt
: nausferatu’s coil (ias)
Boots
:
War Traveler
(+damage)
Gloves:
Lava Gout
(ias +
Enchant
)
Rings: dual leach &
Raven Frost
(AR, cbf)

Charms: anni (20/20), torch (19/19), rest is +damage, life and res, just one skiller because it also has frw

Merc: act 5
Frenzy
with arreats (15ias + damage), Last Wish, ehustle
Conquest Sword
and efort (found this set-up to be superior to dual plagues - that guy just died all the time and didn’t cast
Lower Resist
all that often)

Pretty much the standard load-out skill-wise

It’s pretty good, handles P8 fairly well, could probably change a few things here or there
Thanks. After a little search I found a result that for BA base, max IAS requirement seems 95 with lvl 1
Fanaticism
from Hustle. Do you have an idea about it? Not sure if it's true or not. I'm not good at these stuff. :)

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
Schnorki wrote: 3 months ago
Makes sense. Albeit highly subjective, not just in terms of the grouping/requirements themselves but also in the evaluation of them (especially the 'fun' bit).

Though I fully support that idea of subjectivity. Just one of the many reasons I never share/"dictate" full builds of mine - things change (significantly) if a build is played differently or just isn't as fun for you.

Personally, I suppose I'd have an objective base grouping based solely on performance (i.e. clear speed) across a variety of content which would then likely generally end up as:
S - solid
Teleport
speed + performant aoe clearing
A - high run speed + performant aoe clearing
B - decent to solid
Teleport
speed + performant single target clearing
C - running + performant single target clearing
D - can clear everything solo but takes forever
F - keeps dying or can't solo the game at all
(just randomly making this up as I go along mind you)

The above would give you fairly clear cutoff points for each tier as you consider the high to top-end performers matching the criteria. Low-end performers with the same "approach" (e.g. slow-motion
Teleport
+ mediocre aoe clearing) would then probably slide down about 1 tier based on comparative overall clear times of a variety of content.

And on top of that, layer a subjective grouping of "S = super fun - could play all day, A = fun but need breaks from the playstyle, F = boring AF". Anything that's F in that is immediately disqualified, S and A are combined with performance tiers to get your real top picks. With the fun tier significantly outweighing the performance tiers cuz...it is a bloody game after all. :)
E.g. to me, my bowzon is solid S tier, despite being stuck on an A tier performance level for lack of
Teleport

Either way, it was a serious question...have any of them "this is S tier bra!" sites/streamers/whatever ever used objective measurements for anything (if so, link plz! genuinely curious :)) or are they just making shit up as they go along (or more commonly copying the shit someone else made up as they went along)?
I think the subjectivity of this keeps the game alive. You could say anything about anything, and it would also be true for many people, thus creating many ways to have fun, neverending build ideas and gameplay goals.
For me, for example, I kinda hate melting everything without thinking. I want to
Dodge
, feel risk, take a lil time(but not forever) to kill. I like doing A-B tier builds, that are slow relative to
Nova
sorc.
I never almost never play sorc. When I see a deadly frenzytaur pack it's my mission to kill them, even when underpowered, etc.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
or.houster wrote: 1 month ago
[..] I want to
Dodge
, feel risk, take a lil time(but not forever) to kill. I like doing A-B tier builds, that are slow relative to
Nova
sorc. [..]
I'm inclined to agree. Dodging, risk and just generally having a challenge does make things more fun. At the same time, if the only reason I have that challenge is because I actively chose to make my build worse to the point of making things challenging even though they shouldn't be, that takes away all of the fun for me again as it just feels "dumb". Even more so since given proper gear, even the "bad builds" don't end up facing any real challenge in d2, other than merely being (quite) a bit slower.

I'd rather just have games actually be genuinely hard or at least offer areas/activities that are genuinely hard. Sadly, games like that largely don't exist. :/
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
or.houster wrote: 1 month ago
[..] I want to
Dodge
Nova
sorc. [..]
I'm inclined to agree. Dodging, risk and just generally having a challenge does make things more fun. At the same time, if the only reason I have that challenge is because I actively chose to make my build worse to the point of making things challenging even though they shouldn't be, that takes away all of the fun for me again as it just feels "dumb". Even more so since given proper gear, even the "bad builds" don't end up facing any real challenge in d2, other than merely being (quite) a bit slower.

I'd rather just have games actually be genuinely hard or at least offer areas/activities that are genuinely hard. Sadly, games like that largely don't exist. :/
Dark souls, elden ring etc. Pvp is insanely hard. I loved it but the player base and connectivity is too much of an issue for me.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Well, PvP is anywhere from insanely hard to insanely easy, depending on who/what you're up against.

That's a separate category though, I was talking more of a genuine challenge stemming from the game itself, not from other players that happen to be playing the same game.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...