Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   2015 views

Description

Like … there’s no attack rating provided for these skills on the LCS, it doesn’t say it always hits like
Impale
or
Smite
though…

I don’t see any miss graphics when i do a WSK run.

Anyone know for sure?
Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

Like … there’s no attack rating provided for these skills on the LCS, it doesn’t say it always hits like
Impale
or
Smite
though…

I don’t see any miss graphics when i do a WSK run.

Anyone know for sure?
Answeredby ShadowHeart1 month agoGo to post
Pretty sure it works like this:

The skill effect (the chain lightning and charged bolt effect, respectively) works like an on attack modifier with a 100% chance, in that they always apply when you use the skill, there's no attack rating or hit calculation for that. In addition to that, the weapon itself that you're swinging may also hit the target and deal its weapon damage to the target, that uses attack rating like any normal attack and needs to actually hit the target. But the skill effect happens irrespective of that.

It's similar to how the elemental bow skills for Amazon work.

ShadowHeart 1745Moderator

Europe PC
Pretty sure it works like this:

The skill effect (the
Chain Lightning
and
Charged Bolt
effect, respectively) works like an on attack modifier with a 100% chance, in that they always apply when you use the skill, there's no attack rating or hit calculation for that. In addition to that, the weapon itself that you're swinging may also hit the target and deal its weapon damage to the target, that uses attack rating like any normal attack and needs to actually hit the target. But the skill effect happens irrespective of that.

It's similar to how the elemental bow skills for Amazon work.
This post was marked as the best answer.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3185Moderator

PC
Physical attacks, unless specifically stating otherwise, typically have to pass a hit check and hence require AR, ITD or whatever else you wanna look at to make it happen.

A skill not providing you with bonus AR (like LS and CS) does not mean they always hit. It just means you'll have a harder time to hit because of the lack of AR.

That having been said, CS/LS are a bit special in that they can miss but will hit. Meaning the physical strike itself can in fact miss. But the
Bolts
/lightning will still trigger on every attack (attack, not just hit) and those themselves are effectively considered spells and will hit. On a CS/LS miss, you will hence still do the trigger-spell's lightning damage but you won't be doing phys dmg/won't leech anything.

Edit: Seems Shadowheart beat me to it... :)
As a sidenote, this is why your 3ML gloves with 6ML ring might as well not have this modifier.
As a javazon not only your physical damage is abyssmal, your AR is even worse. (Elemental bowazon has skills with +%AR, so a tiny bit better in that regard)

Caster Gloves
with +3 MAEK, or
Silkweave
, or +3 maek jewel inside something, Phoenix shield. That's the way to do it without potions whatsoever.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Schnorki 3185Moderator

PC
Well, a ranged java doesn't actually need AR as LF is one of those exceptions that does always hit (unless blocked) and a melee java should still not have an issue with low AR, thanks to
Conviction
taking care of most of your target's def, leaving you with a still rather solid chance to hit.
OP
Thanks all!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...