diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   740 views

Description

Hello everyone,

I got a Small Charm from
Baal
and I asked myself
- does it have a high item level and
- is it worth to reroll it (like Grand Charms) to get a GG Small Charm or doesn't the item level matter in this case?

Thanks & best

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello everyone,

I got a Small Charm from
Baal
and I asked myself
- does it have a high item level and
- is it worth to reroll it (like Grand Charms) to get a GG Small Charm or doesn't the item level matter in this case?

Thanks & best

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702

atari 454

Europe XLinux
Yes, it has a high item level but you can get these also in tz.
No, it's not worth it. Chances to get something valuable are better with grand charms.

OP
Thanks for your reply @atari :)

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702
atari wrote: 2 months ago
No, it's not worth it. Chances to get something valuable are better with grand charms.
Out of ignorance why is this the case? I assume because of the + to skills a GC can roll?

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
ghostpos wrote: 2 months ago
Out of ignorance why is this the case? I assume because of the + to skills a GC can roll?
I assume it's just because of the low chance of actually getting something good. There are only a few prefix and suffix combos that are sought after in small charms, whereas when it comes to skills on grand charms, there are 21 skill trees so even though the chance of getting any one specific skill tree is low (same as any other individual affix, I think?), the fact that there are 21 of them actually gives you a decent chance to get a skiller when re-rolling them - it might not be the skill tree you want, but at least it's a skiller that can be held on to or traded. It's the same reason why you don't usually re-roll other magic items, like trying to get a JMoD.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Makes sense!

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
ghostpos wrote: 2 months ago
atari wrote: 2 months ago
For one, you have different odds of "useful affixes" when comparing SCs to GCs.

On top of that though, high lvl affix doesn't necessarily mean desired affix. For GCs, you want your ilvl to be as high as possible (read: 91+) so you can roll up to 45 life vita which happens to not only be the highest actually rollable affix in terms of ilvl req but also pretty much the single most valuable thing you can roll (in combination with a solid prefix that is).
For SCs, that isn't quite true. Ideally, you want them at ilvl 88 exactly so you can roll pestilent (in combination with of anthrax) and get that GG poison SC. 89+ however starts giving you stuff like higher elemental prefixes and +1 dmg prefixes which just generally aren't as desired (if at all) and hence effectively dilute your odds of lower, better (read: more valuable) affixes.
I re-roll small charms dropped by
Baal
. From plain +20 life vita charms to +3 frw / 7% mf - it's all good for me, and frankly, it hasn't taken as many re-rolls to get in comparison to grand charms. Not even close.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation