Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   717 views

Description

Hey folks,

As I’ve continued to get more experience and chatted with other members, I’ve had an interesting question pop up in terms of watching the relative speed of some of my rune trade offers.

5x
Hel
for an
Ist
—flies off the shelf at lightning speed, whereas some of my other trades are clearly going to take a bit longer. I totally get that the other low runes are far less popular than Hels and Rals, but I also started wondering if it had to do with the package size as well.

Using U.S. currency as an analogy, is a pack of 10,15, 20 less popular runes going to sit on the shelf longer in part because you’re asking for payment in half-dollar coins that few folks carry vs. a dollar
Bill
, which more people have sitting around in their stash, even if you get the math right on pricing it equally to an
Ist
sized trade?
Description by JC1982

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey folks,

As I’ve continued to get more experience and chatted with other members, I’ve had an interesting question pop up in terms of watching the relative speed of some of my rune trade offers.

5x
Hel
for an
Ist
—flies off the shelf at lightning speed, whereas some of my other trades are clearly going to take a bit longer. I totally get that the other low runes are far less popular than Hels and Rals, but I also started wondering if it had to do with the package size as well.

Using U.S. currency as an analogy, is a pack of 10,15, 20 less popular runes going to sit on the shelf longer in part because you’re asking for payment in half-dollar coins that few folks carry vs. a dollar
Bill
, which more people have sitting around in their stash, even if you get the math right on pricing it equally to an
Ist
sized trade?

xigua 63

Hel
you can get
Ohm
or even
Lo
right now. People need to do last minute ladder runewords.

Right now
Hel
is 2 or even 3 if people are desperate.
Ist
is 3 or 4.
Ohm
is 9 or 10 and
Lo
is 12-15.
I have found that you get the opposite of the 'wholesale' effect in the D2R market. In normal economy the more you buy the better of a deal you get. However, from lots of personal experience, in D2 you can sell larger batches for a higher price. For example, 5
Hel
for an
Ist
is one batch in your scenario. Yet 15
Hel
can easily sell for a
Lo
rune with a
Lo
being about 3.5
Ist
. Even crazier you can sell 20
Hel
for a
Ber
. I sold 80
Hel
for 4
Ber
over the weekend. A
Ber
is about 6
Ist
. Yet 6x5=30. Batch sales do not follow a linear growth model. You as the seller get a better deal with larger batches, up to a point. Then it tapers off. Seems like buyers value the convenience of large bulk buying and are willing to pay for it.

Anyways, to answer your original question, yes package size tends to make a huge difference. Most people want to buy with either an
Ist
Ber
, or
Jah
. Anything else you wont get many bites. So, sell your lower runes in batches that would equate either an
Ist
Ber
, or
Jah
and you'll have more luck.

However this is for Non-Ladder. Ladder is unknown to me.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Bisu 369

PC
Knappogue wrote: 2 months ago
I have found that you get the opposite of the 'wholesale' effect in the D2R market. In normal economy the more you buy the better of a deal you get. However, from lots of personal experience, in D2 you can sell larger batches for a higher price.
You are correct. This is very common at this stage of the game.

People tend to value their time/convenience more at this point, so they would rather do fewer but bigger trade(s) to get the things they need, instead of going into one trade game after another buying smaller batches.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...