Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
27 replies   2842 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

departure wrote: 2 months ago

That looks pretty maxed. Do you have any advice on what would improve my times the most right now? It seems like you might vote for Exile and FCR.

-------------------------

I did do the minis with my
Nova
sorc. It went quite smoothly except
Duriel
, who kept stunning her.
My goals or priorities are max resistances (and increased max limits), staying alive with
Life Tap
, hp, max blockc, and then doing enough damage. I don't prioritize fast teleporting. To anwer you question on tweaks:

I do my teleporting with my secondary swap cta/Spirit. I don't prioritize FCR however I just noticed I'm at 65%, 10% off the next breakpoint. Maybe I should try a second FCR ring and
Cham
my
Helm
... something to think about. If you have a 30+ Spirit on swap, you are at a good breakpoint already.

I do like
Eth
Exile due to the ton of defense I gain and the increased maxed cold/fire resist. I was running with Phoenix for a while but it didn't seem to make much difference. I'd say try tgods over
String of Ears
but not sure it'll make much difference. I like the stats and extra lightning max resis plus I don't believe smiting benefits from life leech.

See if you can get a maras - +2 skills with all the res should be a nice improvement even if it's not a 30 all res one. I liked gore riders instead of goblin but not sure how much differnece you would see there. Maybe worth trying both? Since I go with LW, I get tons of crushing blow so I no longer feel like I need it in
Boots
and
Helm
freeing up those slots for more resistance items. Since I get
Fade
from LW, I can go full fanatism for dps instead of
Conviction

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any other question.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
azeroti wrote: 2 months ago

That looks pretty maxed. Do you have any advice on what would improve my times the most right now? It seems like you might vote for Exile and FCR.

-------------------------

I did do the minis with my
Nova
sorc. It went quite smoothly except
Duriel
, who kept stunning her.
My goals or priorities are max resistances (and increased max limits), staying alive with
Life Tap
, hp, max blockc, and then doing enough damage. I don't prioritize fast teleporting. To anwer you question on tweaks:

I do my teleporting with my secondary swap cta/Spirit. I don't prioritize FCR however I just noticed I'm at 65%, 10% off the next breakpoint. Maybe I should try a second FCR ring and
Cham
my
Helm
... something to think about. If you have a 30+ Spirit on swap, you are at a good breakpoint already.

I do like
Eth
Exile due to the ton of defense I gain and the increased maxed cold/fire resist. I was running with Phoenix for a while but it didn't seem to make much difference. I'd say try tgods over
String of Ears
but not sure it'll make much difference. I like the stats and extra lightning max resis plus I don't believe smiting benefits from life leech.

See if you can get a maras - +2 skills with all the res should be a nice improvement even if it's not a 30 all res one. I liked gore riders instead of goblin but not sure how much differnece you would see there. Maybe worth trying both? Since I go with LW, I get tons of crushing blow so I no longer feel like I need it in
Boots
and
Helm
freeing up those slots for more resistance items. Since I get
Fade
from LW, I can go full fanatism for dps instead of
Conviction

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any other question.
I made Spirit in a pally shield with some +res on it. The swap hits my fire res but I'm still maxed, but barely. If I get hit with lower res it's more dangerous than TP with hoz. Still, it's not a bad idea to try. I imagine the +FCR would at least offset the reduced fire res.

In general I have no trouble stayinig alive and killing ubers. At this point I'm just trying to do it faster.
Charge
and slow runwalk is just not moving through the minis fast enough. Sorc is faster, though she struggles with the
Duriel
mini.

Edit:

Cham
'ing the G-Face isn't a bad idea. I'd drop 30 fire res but could probably pick that back up on an FCR ring.

xigua 63

I think Exile and enough life to not topple over in the first millisecond and you are good. Just shield
Bash
like a spartan.
I
Cham
'ed my
Helm
, got another 10 fcr to hit 75 fcr on swap and it seems pretty legit. Did 1 uber since and took 3 min to kill the the mini-bosses and clear uber. Not too shabby.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
Ohh forgot to mention, I'm going to try 2 LW on my merc to see if the increased might helps go a bit quicker and will report back.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram

TheDoo 229

Europe PC
Enigma is significant for Ubers only if you are doing some off-meta build and you need any kind of Edge-advantage in combat, mainly facing
Uber Mephisto
(because he is usually the most dangerous one alone) since you can "trap" minions inside one of the burning/destroyed buildings, tele outside and then face the big baddies alone which improves your survivability by a significant amount! :)
Edit: And why does that matter? -Well because there is an actual max number of summoned creatures/minions enemies can have, and if they are alive but "stuck" somewhere their "masters" won't recast them again; this way they stay out of your way/fight and don't respawn until you peacefully finish all the Ubers.

On the other hand, IMHO Enigma is just a preference correlated to a play style... I didn't really play with Sorc back in the days in legacy but played it in D2R quite a bit and I still don't get an appeal of teleporting around all the time. This is probably one of the reasons I don't really care about/value Enigma at all (in general) and would rather have anything else that can give some sort of 'boost' for a particular character. For melee builds Fortitude is almost a must, unless it's some kind of a hybrid.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
azeroti wrote: 2 months ago
I
Cham
'ed my
Helm
, got another 10 fcr to hit 75 fcr on swap and it seems pretty legit. Did 1 uber since and took 3 min to kill the the mini-bosses and clear uber. Not too shabby.
I just ran the minis a few times at the 48 BP on swap and I think it's faster than the sorc again, and fewer rejuvs. I did this by realizing that I didn't need
Dwarf Star
and putting on a 10 FCR ammy (so giving up some res at the ammy). So to be clear, that's 35 Spirit, 10 ring, 10 ammy.

After running it, I realized that I really probably don't need the DR from
String of Ears
and could swap for arach for another 20 and hit the next BP. That's plenty fast! Any improvement over that is just uh... gilding the lily.
Edit:
Another option which I had only just now considered is using my
Nova
sorc to gather the organs. I don't know how effective she is at
Lilith
killing. Dclone is not a huge issue though.
I haven't read the intervening posts, but fwiw, I only harvest organs with my javazon these days. Smiter's terrible at that, and the java can delete screens. Dropped my keys-to-torch run time from an hour or more to about 10 minutes.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...