Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1146 views

How much time do a public game still exists after everybody leave?

No data yet

Description

From what I understand, the game will cease to exist immediately if last user that leaved it (the owner) creates a new one.
But if this not happen, for how much time the game still exists?
(in special for situations when my game crash and I want to return to the same game or when I want to change character but keep the same game)

Can be used to make Runewords:

From what I understand, the game will cease to exist immediately if last user that leaved it (the owner) creates a new one.
But if this not happen, for how much time the game still exists?
(in special for situations when my game crash and I want to return to the same game or when I want to change character but keep the same game)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

atari 453

Europe XLinux
Not sure about the exact time but at least 2 minutes.

Edit: I found a discussion where someone tested it:
Ok after testing multiple games, 100% confirmed its 5 minutes.
I entered the games, stayed only 2 seconds and immediately left the game.
They stay open for exactly 5 minutes with no one in them, then are lost forever.

Ah i remember back in the day before shared stash was a thing, you could transfer an item between characters by leaving things on the Ground in a password game, but it was risky and I’ve lost a few items because i couldn’t rejoin the game in time… or i forgot the password

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
Enough to at least switch accounts and join the same game. I transferred a LOT of [valuable] stuff to my father's account this way. Just drop everything on stash, save & exit, exit, re-log, relaunch game and then join with game name + pass and simply collect everything off the Ground. It didn't happen even once that I lost any stuff or couldn't rejoin a 'room'.

I even did this once when servers were lagging... Maybe I just got lucky that time, who knows. But I know for sure that it works for at least 5 minutes, yes.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Yes, it definitely works for several minutes. I've never tried to measure it myself, but 5 minutes does seem accurate.

I've many times switched regions for trades only to come back to my own region and find that my game is still there. Not that I was actually trying to come back to it in time, just that I tried creating a game with the same name again and getting the message that it already exists.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 2 months ago
switched regions for trades
It was a long time ago?
I make trades from different regions with no problems nowadays...
(you can join/invite from the friend list)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
fredkid wrote: 2 months ago
It was a long time ago?
I make trades from different regions with no problems nowadays...
(you can join/invite from the friend list)
No, it wasn't long ago :) I'm well aware that you can join/invite cross-region (and I'm very thankful for that, it's a great feature), but I don't always add people to my friend list. Particularly when trading on other websites like Traderie. But that's off-topic :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
TheDoo wrote: 2 months ago
I even did this once when servers were lagging... Maybe I just got lucky that time, who knows. But I know for sure that it works for at least 5 minutes, yes.
Same here, and for extra safety I always typed /time at the start of the game and waited 6 minutes, according to the server clock, to compensate the lack of seconds in the time displayed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...