Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   2105 views

D2R's Cow King Conspiracy - Why Can't He Drop Cow King's Set Pieces?

No data yet

Description

How many of you realized or knew about the Cow King "Bug" with the release of D2R that restricted him from dropping Cow King Leather's set pieces?

This was a material change from Lord of Destruction and while there were samples of evidence in the past, there was no material transparency into what was the cause and effect.

Fortunately, I recently discovered this with a few of my partners/friends and finally bring the legacy Cow King Dilemma into the light.

Hope you enjoy it, Sanctuary.

Cheers,
War

Description by Th3ory

Can be used to make Runewords:

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
How many of you realized or knew about the Cow King "Bug" with the release of D2R that restricted him from dropping Cow King Leather's set pieces?

This was a material change from Lord of Destruction and while there were samples of evidence in the past, there was no material transparency into what was the cause and effect.

Fortunately, I recently discovered this with a few of my partners/friends and finally bring the legacy Cow King Dilemma into the light.

Hope you enjoy it, Sanctuary.

Cheers,
War

Huh, i wondered why i was finding the set from the elites and not from him
OP

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Nate2.0 wrote: 2 months ago
Huh, i wondered why i was finding the set from the elites and not from him
Ding Ding!

Hey, I fully owned it in the video and live on my HC grail stream, I was totally oblivious to this. I didn't have a firm recollection of the core problem so I said screw it, time to go on a journey and find the answer.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Th3ory wrote: 2 months ago
[..] so I said screw it, time to go on a journey and find the answer [..]
Now if only you could get Blizz to adopt that mindset, we might actually see a fix or two for some of the day 1 bugs... :p
OP

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
[..] so I said screw it, time to go on a journey and find the answer [..]
Now if only you could get Blizz to adopt that mindset, we might actually see a fix or two for some of the day 1 bugs... :p
I will forever laugh when I quite literally discovered with my partner Shadow the initial issue with Sunders in PTR which got surfaced to PEZ who said "Don't worry its just a PTR", to then have Sunders bomb at release just like we said they would.

And then we highlight the follow up to the Hork issue and once again it was a cavalier response back to my video.

But hey, just your neighborhood friendly bug man out here trying to shine a line in dark corners.

Good stuff.

ShadowHeart 1745Moderator

Europe PC
Shadow wrote: 2 months ago
Good stuff.
Oh look, it's me without a Heart! :P I'm guessing you're @Th3ory's famous buddy ;)

To be a bit more on-topic, I too have had the feeling that something was off with this set and
The Cow King
in D2R, but never really thought about it that much until reading/watching this :) Cool video!

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 2 months ago
Oh look, it's me without a Heart! :P I'm guessing you're @Th3ory's famous buddy ;)

Haha, yes sir.

Yeah as soon as @Th3ory brought it to my attention we began digging immediately into the game data.

I hope that Blizz can correct this eventually.
Shouldn't all this mean that the odds of dropping
The Cow King
set items have increased? So far I've been able to get the hide only, and I can't tell for sure how many
Secret Cow Level
run's I did on hell difficulty, but it's in the low dozens.
OP

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Shadow wrote: 2 months ago
Good stuff.
Always, my dude!
ShadowHeart wrote: 2 months ago
To be a bit more on-topic, I too have had the feeling that something was off with this set and
The Cow King
in D2R, but never really thought about it that much until reading/watching this :) Cool video!
Thanks, my other Shadow realm friend - was fun to make a very fast one keeping it high and tight.
bigbikefan wrote: 2 months ago
Shouldn't all this mean that the odds of dropping
The Cow King
set items have increased? So far I've been able to get the hide only, and I can't tell for sure how many
Secret Cow Level
run's I did on hell difficulty, but it's in the low dozens.
The chances have become worse as in LoD, King + his minions had a better chance of dropping the items, so in technical terms, it now will take longer to acquire them, hunting regular
Hell Bovine

Using Silospen, in LoD, Players1, 200% MF, in Hell, Cow King had a 1:146 chance to drop Cow King Hide (Armor), whereas in Diablo 2 Resurrected its, 1:147290 from a regular Bovine.

The chances have become worse as in LoD, King + his minions had a better chance of dropping the items, so in technical terms, it now will take longer to acquire them, hunting regular
Hell Bovine

Using Silospen, in LoD, Players1, 200% MF, in Hell, Cow King had a 1:146 chance to drop Cow King Hide (Armor), whereas in Diablo 2 Resurrected its, 1:147290 from a regular Bovine.
The reason I asked is, I've never had a drop of a Cow King set item from a regular bovine in LoD, or even from a unique cow. All the set items drops were from the king. The number you provided is ridiculously low for a drop chance of a set clvl 18 item.
OP

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
bigbikefan wrote: 2 months ago
Hell Bovine

The reason I asked is, I've never had a drop of a Cow King set item from a regular bovine in LoD, or even from a unique cow. All the set items drops were from the king. The number you provided is ridiculously low for a drop chance of a set clvl 18 item.
Based on client-side TCEX information it is directionally accurate and validated across multiple drop calcs; including those that I find most accurate. This is why this video is important; especially for the grailers out there.

RnG is RnG, but the way that sequencing/cascading through TCEX works is very complex and evaluates a number of different variables.

It will take upwards of 200-400 full cow Clears to acquire them in Hell. Running in Normal you have better chances, but not by much. There are ~400 cows in an open field hunting; higher the player count the better since their NoDrop is higher.

In the end, its about patience and persistence of the item chase.

Great talk, worth noting that these can be gambled, so it's not completely terrible to farm it that way. IIRC the
Helm
is the worst to get. others are base items. Although the
Boots
can roll sanders...

It will run you millions of GP though, I think like 100m+ for all iirc. (uhh actually like account for about 200m) But if you're farming runes at trav w/ a GF barb then you'll have loads in no time.

Helm
is best bought at a high level since it's chances increase all the way to 99 and can get as low as sub-1700 @ 105k/
Chest and
Boots
are both best bought at 25 when their chances are at 1/1k or 1/2k for
Boots
(cause sanders), it also allows for Edge to be used.

Before % reductions.
1k*10200 = 10.2m @25
2k*5350 = 10.7m @25
1.7k*105.2k = 178.8m @99

OR if online, then trade someone cause these pieces aren't going for the cost and time investment it takes to get these. If you're on single player then GL.

Could farm until you get the
Helm
and gamble what you didn't get, if you didn't get all or any.

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation