diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   6129 views

Description

Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
sewcioj wrote: 2 months ago
[..] there's no point to updating it further - at least until D4 stops being a flaming ball of poo. [..]
Well here's the thing...that's just not true. Despite blizz ignoring that it isn't.

People talk.
Gamers (and related outlets) especially are extremely vocal about their experiences.

D4 was/is a complete dumpster fire. We all know that (and I most certainly called that..much as I wished for them to prove me wrong). But a dumpster fire combined with an immediately no longer in any way supported relatively good start for something else is significantly worse in the overall context than a dumpster fire and a solid, polished product.

If all they did for D2:R was to have one guy spend a fraction of his time fixing bugs and at the very least getting rid of the significant day 1 bugs, they would effectively invest a fraction of a rounding error's worth in return for a gaming community being quite happy (and hence positively vocal) with/about D2:R.
It'd allow them to take the current "everything we touch is shit and we could not give less of a f*** and you all know it" and change it to "ok, we may have f'd up D4 and you all know that but we're at least showing that we are still able and willing to actually deliver something polished with D2:R" for close to no invest in exchange for what would be a rather significant PR gain. Totally worth it. Except to have that be a consideration, they would have to at least care a tiny bit..which they obviously don't so mweh.

I don't even want them to add stuff. I'll forever love D2 the way it was/is (minus the outdated graphics..hence yay for D2:R). And honestly, if it hadn't been for the promise of "faithful rebuild, sticking to the original", I would never have even bought D2:R. But not even caring enough to fix the blatant, glaring bugs that have been around since day 1 (or any of the ones they introduced after that)? That's just pathetic..and horrid PR.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago

I'll forever love D2 the way it was/is (minus the outdated graphics..hence yay for D2:R). And honestly, if it hadn't been for the promise of "faithful rebuild, sticking to the original", I would never have even bought D2:R. But not even caring enough to fix the blatant, glaring bugs that have been around since day 1 (or any of the ones they introduced after that)? That's just pathetic..and horrid PR.
THIS

Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago

I'll forever love D2 the way it was/is (minus the outdated graphics..hence yay for D2:R). And honestly, if it hadn't been for the promise of "faithful rebuild, sticking to the original", I would never have even bought D2:R. But not even caring enough to fix the blatant, glaring bugs that have been around since day 1 (or any of the ones they introduced after that)? That's just pathetic..and horrid PR.
TRUTH

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."
Agreed mostly with others. Don't really want more changes. Wasn't happy with Mosaic even, and how overpowered it is from what I've seen. No challenge left, just wipes everything out effortlessly.

Only thing I keep hoping for is Lvl 99
Terror
zones. Would be cool to give a nice bump in difficulty + drops for those who can reach max level. Then maybe the super strong builds like Mosaic would have a better playground for stretching their legs and showing off their full potential. And imagine how easy that would be for Blizzard to implement.. Definitely wouldn't need a PTR for that!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Zero187 wrote: 2 months ago
Agreed mostly with others. Don't really want more changes. Wasn't happy with Mosaic even, and how overpowered it is from what I've seen. No challenge left, just wipes everything out effortlessly.

Only thing I keep hoping for is Lvl 99
Terror
zones. Would be cool to give a nice bump in difficulty + drops for those who can reach max level. Then maybe the super strong builds like Mosaic would have a better playground for stretching their legs and showing off their full potential. And imagine how easy that would be for Blizzard to implement.. Definitely wouldn't need a PTR for that!
I agree. D2 wasn't made with getting huge seasonal updates like D3 and D4 in mind, and I'm happy with that - idea that certain mechanic is available only for a limited time turns my FOMO up to 11... so I'd rather not play at all.

BUT stuff like fixing bugs, dropping new runewords to non-ladder, or maybe some uber-late endgame content (like, cubing
Standard of Heroes
and
Annihilus
for... something? It'd be a nice way to spend all these trash Annis :) ) would certainly be appreciated.

Main: Blizz Sorc 2nd: Pitzerker 3rd: Summoner Necro | SC NL only
"LIVE SERVICE GAME" BTW

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...