Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   844 views

Description

thought this bug was fixed... just lost 20+ soj, 10+ mara and few perfect ravens..... among other things..
anyone know where i can report this?...

Thanks!

PS-just so others dont suffer as i did, be careful, storing small items with many attributes... such as rings, charms and amulets. supposedly, there is a file size limit and having too many small items with lot of attributes will throw you over.

I also have few mules with full of runes, but they seem to be ok... smh

Can be used to make Runewords:

mombo 12

Americas PC
thought this bug was fixed... just lost 20+ soj, 10+ mara and few perfect ravens..... among other things..
anyone know where i can report this?...

Thanks!

PS-just so others dont suffer as i did, be careful, storing small items with many attributes... such as rings, charms and amulets. supposedly, there is a file size limit and having too many small items with lot of attributes will throw you over.

I also have few mules with full of runes, but they seem to be ok... smh
Sorry to hear, that sucks!

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
Yeah i few mules with full rings, ammys, etc. honestly i dont know if any have poofed or not. Nothing much we can do at this point :)

Just finger cross that ur good items arent disappearing :)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
The only thing that was ever addressed was the overflow creating the season stash dupe.

The poofing from stash..not so much. Still a thing.

Reporting typically won't get you anywhere as blizz knows all about the bug (to the extent that they even read their own boards and such at least), refusing to bother fixing it and from what ya hear hasn't been able/willing to restore anything for anyone affected either.
OP

mombo 12

Americas PC
That sux. Hopefully my experience can be a reminder or heads up to folks not aware of the issue.
Yes, I can confirm reporting does nothing. Just make sure to store large quantities of rare rings and ammys in the shared stash. I bought a second copy of D2R while it was on sale so I would have more shared stash space.
Weā€™re you playing online or offline?

If you were playing offline if you move stuff around your stash then close the game quickly stuff can disappear
OP

mombo 12

Americas PC
was playing online.
All items on first 5 lines in stash were gone and few spots randomly in stash. The night before i sorted all my rings and amulets to 1 mule and organized my uniques to top of the stash.

so the shared stash does not have file size limit? only personal stash?

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Far as I recall, the whole thing was due to char save files being size limited in the original, based on the space you could fill in each (which inherently limits max # of attributes to track as well).

D2:R then extended personal stash size but apparently the max save size wasn't increased to match. I.e. dumb devs being dumb and not considering actual impact of their changes (no surprise there). So now, when save size exceeds save file size limit, stuff goes poof until it doesn't.

Since the shared stash is a whole new thing, it doesn't have any "legacy limitations" (unless they were dumb enough to actively introduce them for it) and as such shouldn't suffer from the same issue.

(All based on what info I randomly stumbled upon regarding that issue..never looked into it in more detail myself since I care neither for rares nor crafting and hence luckily likely won't ever be affected).
OP

mombo 12

Americas PC
Thanks, i am now splitting small items in dif stashes.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...