Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1396 views

Description

I dont remeber seeing any kind of mobs in this art. Anyone seen this before?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I dont remeber seeing any kind of mobs in this art. Anyone seen this before?

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
He's fairly easy to miss but he's just your regular ol' run of the mill super unique.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
He's fairly easy to miss but he's just your regular ol' run of the mill super unique.
I see, I thought I catch a rare Pokemon...Lol
Dark Elder
has always been a superunique in
Lost City
. However, I'm 99% sure that in D2R he got a unique model, whereas in the original game, he was just a recolor like most other superuniques.

That might be part of why he feels 'new' to you.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Winterkill wrote: 2 months ago
Dark Elder
has always been a superunique in
Lost City
. However, I'm 99% sure that in D2R he got a unique model, whereas in the original game, he was just a recolor like most other superuniques.

That might be part of why he feels 'new' to you.
Accurate. He now has robes, whereas in classic LOD he was the standard
Zombie
sprite.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
This dude could be found at the fire towers in LC.

I've always been curious about the Lore for this super unqiue (same class as Rikanishu...
Blood Raven
..etc)

Too bad no quest extends to this guy which opens up interpretation ..tho it would be nice to know the back Ground story instead of being "just there".

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
Yeah I started noticing him too with the D2R edition. Kinda cool and unique...super unique! He he

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
As others have mentioned,
Dark Elder
has always been the Super-Unique for
Lost City
. Likewise, the big difference here is that for D2R, the artists decided to give it some unique art, tossing on some robes & bracers. (Not the same angle, but here you can see it compared to a normal
Plague Bearer
in a similar pose)
It always spawns in every instance of LC, and in a large "quad" tile that always generates in each layout: this has basically four "L"-shaped buildings making up the corners. (shown here in in the screenshot) This tile is notable for always having a
Fire Tower
located inside of it. Besides being a Superunique, there was nothing particularly special about
Dark Elder
: it was just another case of where typically zones in the game have an associated superunique, and
Dark Elder
is the one for LC, just like
Beetleburst
is over in
Far Oasis

Weirdly, none of the other superuniques that I know of really get an update... A shame, though. They could really stand out like that!
Concept artist kenneth Camaro

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
Skaijuice wrote: 3 weeks ago
Concept artist kenneth Camaro

image.png
Whoooahhh that's mega cool!! O_O

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Yeah, seeing the concept art makes me really wish they'd pour in some more resources and patch in updated 3D art for the other 45 superuniques that remain as just palette-swaps of ordinary monsters.

They could all look really cool. I remain slightly hopeful, since I know that they're still working on bringing in new rune words that were originally considered back 20+ years ago. Obviously there's different work involved, (art vs. game balance) but I do feel it'd truly pay off.

And to be honest? I might be all the more important given that in full 3D, the palette-swap makes them stand out less than they do in the 2D classic graphics.
Some time ago he dropped me a perfect base (+3 to
Energy Shield
4 OS staff) for Memory. I’m still using it!

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
OldPlayer31373 wrote: 2 months ago
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
I see, I thought I catch a rare Pokemon...Lol
I have him in my video thumb which is his remaster concept art ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation