Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   730 views

Description

Trying to find the best place to find HR's. Any suggestions?

Can be used to make Runewords:

mhlg 871

Americas PC
stewie039 wrote: 3 months ago
I've found a number of high runes on Cows but my best finds overall have been Tranvical running the Council. That being said I've found high runes running the Arcane, Worldstone Keep,
Nihlathak's Temple
, and last week I found a
Lo
on lvl 3 of
The Forgotten Tower
. As odd as it may seem I've found a lot of valuable items running Chaso Santuary that I traded for high runes, but very few actual high runes. Luck sort of works that way. Just keep running high level mobs and something will drop. In the meantime you can farm Keys which are valuable and highly sought after trade items. If you're patient 80 P Amethysts will get you a
Jah
. Diversify.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Agreed with mhlg. Nothing beats Trav for HRs. I find one good HR almost every time it's terrorized, using my hork barb.

Managed to get 2
Jah
Cham
Ber
Lo
and
Sur
in the last month, maybe running Trav 6-7 hours total. I don't really catch TZ that often, but when I can, I drop everything and go for it. Rarely leaves me disappointed!

Here's my youtube channel, if you want to see the last couple horks/drops:

https://www.youtube.com/@jimlink4124/videos

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Yes i also can attest to
Travincal
being the best for high runes.

For me trav = hr in hours, everywhere else = hr in days,
You know, all things being equal

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
You could of course do the math of "mobs in zone" over "clear speed of zone" and "time to make new game and get back to zone" to "odds of HR drops for each mob in zone" (or subzones if you really wanna punish yourself)...but short of that, no matter where you go, the odds of top-end runes are so low that it remains a matter of pure dumb luck.

Personally, much as I love trav for gold and (mid) uniques, I have never pulled a noteworthy amount of runes out of it as compared to other places.
Cows and CS on the other hand...plentyful.

I would say just look at the places that can drop
Jah
/
Ber
/.. and then look at what else you would like to find. After all, you're very rarely looking solely for specific HRs and nothing else. Trav for example is great if you want some uniques rolled in as well as for charms/jewels in my experience. If you're also looking for bases though, trav is just plain terrible and cows become your best friends. Pits, CS,
Baal
, ... for a little bit of everything. So on and so forth.
Trav is good and so are cows and Chaos for mob density so your odds increase. I wouldn't focus too much on finding high runes and just farm these areas and others for bases and good drops in general. You're better off selling the items to get the runes you want. Of all my high runes maybe 5 - 10% are self found and the others I trade for

EST time zone
All my trades can be done on either PC or Switch. I'm limited to when I can log onto PC but I can do a Switch trade pretty quickly

Th3ory 423

Paladin Americas PC
stewie039 wrote: 3 months ago
1. First, make sure your Player count is as high as possible putting you in the best position to mitigate NoDrop.
2. Ghost Hunting in general is accretive as they have a special table and they drop 2x more runes than any other monster type in the game
3. Answer is ultimately contingent on Single Player vs. Online
4. Are you a Horker?

Great, now that we have established some fundamentals, the below is generally the framework for how to put yourself in the best position to acquire high runes:

Lower Kurast
(SP/MP) > Drive-By Seal Pop Trick Chaos > Arcanne (+General Ghost Hunting Areas) > Trav ( higher if you are a Horker) > Cows > Countess (acquire and cube up)

End of the day, RnG will be RnG and its a patience and persistence grind. Using my current HC Grail as an example:

Zod
dropped in
Stony Tomb Level 2
(elite mob)
Ohm
popped out of
Skeleton
in
Lower Kurast

Vex
dropped in
Ancient Tunnels
(elite pack)
Vex
dropped in Cows

I've had the most luck with finding HRs in
Terror
Zones
  • Lo
    TZ Stoney Field
Careful farming HRs in
Lower Kurast
. IMO it's one of the most painful and soul sucking ways to farm runes as you are only popping chests and not killing anything.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP
30 runs into Trav and got lucky got an
Ohm
. Thanks for all the tips!

Th3ory 423

Paladin Americas PC
Knappogue wrote: 3 months ago

Careful farming HRs in
Lower Kurast
. IMO it's one of the most painful and soul sucking ways to farm runes as you are only popping chests and not killing anything.
Definitely not what you should be doing in isolation and mainly LK is for SP seed maps where you have 6x Chests & good object rack density. But on perpetual P7 games flying through you have some of the best odds of finding
Ber
and beyond.

Online I'll go there in CBAAL games that are P7+ since its lightning fast to click and get back to the run.

Th3ory wrote: 3 months ago
Knappogue wrote: 3 months ago

Careful farming HRs in
Lower Kurast
Definitely not what you should be doing in isolation and mainly LK is for SP seed maps where you have 6x Chests & good object rack density. But on perpetual P7 games flying through you have some of the best odds of finding
Ber
and beyond.

Online I'll go there in CBAAL games that are P7+ since its lightning fast to click and get back to the run.
🤔 will try that when I "snake in" a high players count game before start my farm...

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...