Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   465 views

Description

Hello,

I have been researching various tips and how-to guides on rushing, and I have been following this method:

I have a lower-level character, CharA.
I also have a higher-level character, CharB, who will rush CharA.
The process I have been following is as follows: CharA creates a normal game in Act 4, and CharB joins the game so that they are in the same party. CharB proceeds to kill Diablo while CharA stays in town (I have also tried having CharA stay next to CharB). My expectation is that CharA will have the Diablo quest completed and be able to progress to Act 5. However, instead, CharA receives the message "You cannot complete this quest in this game. You can complete it by creating a new game."

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong in this process. Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

I have been researching various tips and how-to guides on rushing, and I have been following this method:

I have a lower-level character, CharA.
I also have a higher-level character, CharB, who will rush CharA.
The process I have been following is as follows: CharA creates a normal game in Act 4, and CharB joins the game so that they are in the same party. CharB proceeds to kill Diablo while CharA stays in town (I have also tried having CharA stay next to CharB). My expectation is that CharA will have the Diablo quest completed and be able to progress to Act 5. However, instead, CharA receives the message "You cannot complete this quest in this game. You can complete it by creating a new game."

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong in this process. Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

For 3

Sorceress Europe PC
What do you see in quest description before you join with CharB? Have you completed
Izual
and
Mephisto's Soulstone
's quests?

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
In order to get credit for a quest (such as killing diablo in this case), at least one character who still needs that quest has to be nearby. If that is the case, everyone who needs that quest in the same party will get it.

So in your case, since CharA needs the quest and CharB as the only other char already has it (since B is the highlvl rusher), both, CharA and CharB will have to be down there in order to get CharA the quest. CharA does not get to stay in town.

If you had a full party, say CharA-CharG are lowbies and need the quest while CharH is the highlvl who rushes them, only one of CharA-G would need to be down there. So if say CharE and CharH are down in CS to kill diablo while CharA,B,C,D,F,G all stay in town, then CharE's quest completion will count for everyone and CharA-G will all get the quest. Mind you, "in town" is important for the others. If they're off in some other zone doing whatever, they won't get it either.

Simply put, "any at least one or more of the party members who need a quest have to be nearby in order to complete the quest and grant completion to all other party members in that act's town".
(Nearby meaning actually nearby, not just the same zone)

Do note, the character who is down there to get credit for the quest does not need to be alive. If you just die right next to diablo and he is killed after that, you will still get quest credit so long as you stayed dead until after he was killed (i.e. don't release). If you release and end up back in town though then you're obviously just back in town again so no more quest credit.

Also, both, the rusher and the rushees have to be in the same party.
OP
blossom word game
For wrote: 3 months ago
What do you see in quest description before you join with CharB? Have you completed
Izual
and
Mephisto's Soulstone
's quests?
I will try these quests now.
In order to get credit for a quest (such as killing diablo in this case), at least one character who still needs that quest has to be nearby. If that is the case, everyone who needs that quest in the same party will get it.

So in your case, since CharA needs the quest and CharB as the only other char already has it (since B is the highlvl rusher), both, CharA and CharB will have to be down there in order to get CharA the quest. CharA does not get to stay in town.

If you had a full party, say CharA-CharG are lowbies and need the quest while CharH is the highlvl who rushes them, only one of CharA-G would need to be down there. So if say CharE and CharH are down in CS to kill diablo while CharA,B,C,D,F,G all stay in town, then CharE's quest completion will count for everyone and CharA-G will all get the quest. Mind you, "in town" is important for the others. If they're off in some other zone doing whatever, they won't get it either.

Simply put, "any at least one or more of the party members who need a quest have to be nearby in order to complete the quest and grant completion to all other party members in that act's town".
(Nearby meaning actually nearby, not just the same zone)

Do note, the character who is down there to get credit for the quest does not need to be alive. If you just die right next to diablo and he is killed after that, you will still get quest credit so long as you stayed dead until after he was killed (i.e. don't release). If you release and end up back in town though then you're obviously just back in town again so no more quest credit.

Also, both, the rusher and the rushees have to be in the same party.
Oh, many thanks for your answer.

For 3

Sorceress Europe PC
Hope it works for you, good luck!
I like the idea of D3 and rifts. Give us rifts next season and see who can complete them the fastest, instead of race to 99 only. D2 is by far my favorite of the franchise and I would love to see a feature like this added.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...