Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   792 views

Description

Hey all I’m considering what I want to start with next ladder. I’m honestly pretty new to the ladder rush and grind and have essentially only participated in the initial rush twice.

For those experienced, what can you tell me about the
Key
market? From trade data here it looks pretty stable at 3 h or tkey for
Ist
with d
Key
holding 1/4 to 1/3 higher value before values start rising towards end ladder like all ‘exhaustible’ goods appear to which makes sense to me. I don’t have the computing power to investigate the market on other platforms on hand. When I’m feeling really patient and have some time I’ll try to sort through that much larger dataset 😐😑🥱😪

How is the early
Key
market, like first week? I recall early in season 4 ppl trying to push keys on me as if having the value of 1
Pul
each. Is that about right? Early on, what could I expect to get for 1, 2 or 3 hate or
Terror
keys?

What about packets of 2x2 and 3x3? I assume price goes up with an organized pack. I recall
Vex
being an oft quoted price for 4x3 or 3x3s but I assume that changes a lot as
Vex
depreciates and
Ist
elevates. Any help is appreciated. Even if I don’t
Key
run, just having a foot in the door would be helpful for spotting good trades if I find someone bartering with them and willing to overpay for something they really want. Otherwise their value is occluded to me and I’ve rejected them on that premise as well as the lost stash space when comparing to rather trading something for a single rune.

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Rik 132

Americas PC
Hey all I’m considering what I want to start with next ladder. I’m honestly pretty new to the ladder rush and grind and have essentially only participated in the initial rush twice.

For those experienced, what can you tell me about the
Key
market? From trade data here it looks pretty stable at 3 h or tkey for
Ist
with d
Key
holding 1/4 to 1/3 higher value before values start rising towards end ladder like all ‘exhaustible’ goods appear to which makes sense to me. I don’t have the computing power to investigate the market on other platforms on hand. When I’m feeling really patient and have some time I’ll try to sort through that much larger dataset 😐😑🥱😪

How is the early
Key
market, like first week? I recall early in season 4 ppl trying to push keys on me as if having the value of 1
Pul
each. Is that about right? Early on, what could I expect to get for 1, 2 or 3 hate or
Terror
keys?

What about packets of 2x2 and 3x3? I assume price goes up with an organized pack. I recall
Vex
being an oft quoted price for 4x3 or 3x3s but I assume that changes a lot as
Vex
depreciates and
Ist
elevates. Any help is appreciated. Even if I don’t
Key
run, just having a foot in the door would be helpful for spotting good trades if I find someone bartering with them and willing to overpay for something they really want. Otherwise their value is occluded to me and I’ve rejected them on that premise as well as the lost stash space when comparing to rather trading something for a single rune.

Thanks!

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Keys are one of the most reliable sources of income as they drop quite frequently, meaning you can actually rely on getting them as you keep farming, rather than "ima target-farm for
Jah
runes and griffon's!...cya in 6 months! ~~".

In my personal experience though, if you want to farm keys...do it right and farm full sets. Don't bother with that "o xyz t keys!!!". Not only are the "easy keys" completely oversaturated but they're also simply not worth anywhere as much as a full set in terms of farming time vs. trade value gained. Or at least focus on dkeys if you don't want to go after all 3 as they tend to trade for a multiple when exchanging them for other keys.

Prior to this season (which I basically skipped..thanks BG3! ^^), a full set - if you can get it early enough - easily goes for
Ohm
++ in no time. That window tends to shut relatively soon though, taking it down to somewhere around
Vex
, give or take, where it then stays for quite a while until even the let's call them "lower average" players have their torches (no offense intended..merely speaking in terms of their time investment and subsequently average in-game Wealth). Eventually it starts dropping lower and lower which is why it isn't necessarily an ideal long-term plan though by then you should've made all you need and then some and aren't necessarily farming keys anymore anyways.

Alternatively, if you want a bit of a gambling kick and don't mind losing the reliability of
Key
farming, you can always just trade a full set + 2 or 3 extra keys (4x3 reliably early on) for an unid torch over and over and hope to score some solid pally/sorc/zon/sin ones early on. Could get your entire char geared in a day. Or get you nothing worth a dime for weeks. Such is the beauty of gambling.

That whole streamer universe of today actually plays in your favor for once here as torches are a common early-season giveaway for them to pull in more viewers, creating a solid seller's market for both, (unid) torches and subsequently keys until they got most of their audience covered. They do tend to have a few folks target-farming for them but that usually doesn't cover all of their
Key
needs it seems.
OP

Rik 132

Americas PC
Ah thank you much. I’d figured the sets would go for more than the sum of its parts.
Ohm
++ would be great but I think I’ll need some dress rehearsal to leverage myself into a position to obtain them prior to the price dropping. I do like the sound of this method, it’d be nice to try it and it does seem reliable. Plus it also provides decent potential for the early
Ber
jackpot on a ghost for my gambling side, which could be the banana on the fishing pole that will keep the distractable monkey which is my attention peddling the bike.

From what I can assess, lightning sorc seems like the clear choice for ideal
Key
farmer. For me, I worry of the logistics of getting to the
Halls of Vaught
and being able to efficiently farm them prior to prices dropping out. Aka, I’m not that skilled.

I’ve done a couple mock ladder runs this week with sorc and farming arcane and
Terror
have been within my reach. Nihlathuk, not so much. I get bottlenecked at
Chaos Sanctuary
and
Frozen River
. Playing on Xbox with no friends, it will likely be very difficult to find a pioneer party through those woods and thus I’m preparing to be forced to confront these sections solo, unfortunately I may miss the money train. But I’m very compelled to start ladder this way..

Or I may start as barb again bc I had such a great time jumping in mid way this last season.. Anyways if you can’t tell, where I live, it’s winter and I’m getting really excited for season 6.

Thanks Snorki :D
OP

Rik 132

Americas PC
Sorry, misspelled your name.

Thanks Schnorki!

My autocorrect tries to make it Snooki, at least I didn’t do that. I’d guess you don’t have a lot in common with her :p

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Rik wrote: 3 months ago
[..] Playing on Xbox [..]
Do note that everything I said relates to PC. No idea if and how much economics and such differ for xbox.
Rik wrote: 3 months ago
[..]
My autocorrect tries to make it Snooki, at least I didn’t do that. I’d guess you don’t have a lot in common with her :p
Or so you think... :P
When comparing PC markets to Xbox markets, it's essentially this: Whatever the PC market was 6 months ago, is what the xbox market is now.

On xbox you can still buy a SC-NL keysets for a
Lo
and sell unid torches ingame for a
Jah
. Up until just a couple weeks ago, you could still buy 40
Perfect Gems
for an
Ist
on xbox (still can if you're lucky). PC trades
Ist
for 20-25
Perfect Gems

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

ShadowHeart 1786Moderator

Europe PC
Knappogue wrote: 3 months ago
When comparing PC markets to Xbox markets, it's essentially this: Whatever the PC market was 6 months ago, is what the xbox market is now.

Lo
Jah
Perfect Gems
for an
Ist
Ist
for 20-25
Perfect Gems
So... what you're saying, is that anyone with the game on both PC and Xbox can make a quick buck by repeatedly buying on PC and selling on Xbox? 🤔

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Selling keys is how I have funded my seasonal characters every season, and quickly.

If I am not responding add me on Bnet and drop me a message!
ShadowHeart wrote: 3 months ago
Knappogue wrote: 3 months ago

Lo
Jah
Perfect Gems
for an
Ist
Ist
for 20-25
Perfect Gems
So... what you're saying, is that anyone with the game on both PC and Xbox can make a quick buck by repeatedly buying on PC and selling on Xbox? 🤔
Yes, that's 75% of my trades. But it's a fine line to walk. The Xbox market is so small it's easy to flood it and screw yourself.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...