Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   11880 views

Anyone ever tried Stormlash-Schaefer's Frenzy Barbarian?

No data yet

Description

Hey all, just an imaginary build and must say never tried
Frenzy
Barb before. But I had this idea when I saw the only three sources of
Static Field
proc items, and 2 of them are Schaefer's and
Stormlash
. Fortunately, both of them are
Mace
class. So I thought how would it go? Of course, double Grief is BIS, but it doesn't mean one can experiment, does it? :D

Any contribution is appreciated and when I find time, will try the last version.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey all, just an imaginary build and must say never tried
Frenzy
Barb before. But I had this idea when I saw the only three sources of
Static Field
proc items, and 2 of them are Schaefer's and
Stormlash
. Fortunately, both of them are
Mace
class. So I thought how would it go? Of course, double Grief is BIS, but it doesn't mean one can experiment, does it? :D

Any contribution is appreciated and when I find time, will try the last version.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
Static Field
won't help much if you don't have a source of
Conviction
aura.
Maybe Infinity merc but most people use
The Reaper's Toll
merc.

Relax and have fun!

xigua 63

Is
Frenzy
barb still viable? Only see horkers horking around in public games

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Frenzy
barbs are more than viable.
Turned my horker into one after I got the last piece of gear for all my chars and didn't need to ever farm anything again anymore. He's...quite baller actually, ever since I figured out what caused that stupid targeting bug at least. :)

Schaefer's used to be the shit back before runewords were a thing. Albeit not necessarily for a barb (never actually tried that..my pally had dibs on it ^^).

Agreed with mocking though, static without -res ends up being rather situational at best and thanks to the
Cap
at half life drops off hard, fast, even then. Personally, I'd go with solid crushing blow over static any day. Though
Stormlash
does have that, too so it isn't exactly a bad weapon in general.
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 4 months ago
Static Field
won't help much if you don't have a source of
Conviction
aura.
Maybe Infinity merc but most people use
The Reaper's Toll
merc.
Is
The Reaper's Toll
really necessary for p1, since enough magic damage from
Berserk
synergy possible?

OP
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
Frenzy
barbs are more than viable.
Turned my horker into one after I got the last piece of gear for all my chars and didn't need to ever farm anything again anymore. He's...quite baller actually, ever since I figured out what caused that stupid targeting bug at least. :)

Schaefer's used to be the shit back before runewords were a thing. Albeit not necessarily for a barb (never actually tried that..my pally had dibs on it ^^).

Agreed with mocking though, static without -res ends up being rather situational at best and thanks to the
Cap
at half life drops off hard, fast, even then. Personally, I'd go with solid crushing blow over static any day. Though
Stormlash
does have that, too so it isn't exactly a bad weapon in general.
I think I remember the times Shaefer's was a more than average, but maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe double
Stormlash
then?

Hmm, makes me kinda think a Dream barb could be a thing, not for the tick damage, but for the +lightning damage to attack. Youā€™d have to load up an armour with 5/5 facets. Maybe for
Whirlwind
or
Leap Attack
? Sorry a bit off topic

Deleted User 63530 0

hi. Schaeffer is one of my favorites weapon i diablo from 20 years.... And still on my graal list....
I think about use it in barb from long time..... I even have 2x schaeffers in collection... Sooner or later i test it....
Now when You start this topic i start thinking about test one schaeffer and another
Maul
i second hand but must check runewords and uniques to think about allternative....
About Horizon.... Hmmmm Dont know is that have sense.... i use sometimes horizon in my uber zealer... for ubers Grief ,for normal gaming horizon...
Cool topic :)

xigua 63

maybe Grief and LW ? Though AOE of static is nice.
These are actually the two weapons I equip on my
Frenzy
barb. Like you said, I know itā€™s not BiS, but I wanted to make a
Mace
barb and this is the equipment I ended up with at level 86.

TheDoo 227

Europe PC
I would love to hear more on how it went since I'm really into all this experimenting with the off-meta builds and stuff. :D

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
cujokila wrote: 3 months ago
These are actually the two weapons I equip on my
Frenzy
barb. Like you said, I know itā€™s not BiS, but I wanted to make a
Mace
barb and this is the equipment I ended up with at level 86.
So how does it go then?

TheDoo wrote: 3 months ago
I would love to hear more on how it went since I'm really into all this experimenting with the off-meta builds and stuff. :D
Fun! The combination of
Static Field
plus crushing blow from other gear make it pretty fun to slay.
Hello! I have been playing
Frenzy
barb on HC with a few combinations of weapons for about a year. Dual eStormlash, Schaefer's+eStormlash, dual Schaefer's and a few other things.

Dual Schaefer's requires Faith merc and that girl always lags behind so you pretty much need Enigma or you'll be losing the aura to have the best speed. Still, the armor goes very well with the extremely high Str req (189!). Very ias demanding, needs 55 extra pts (gloves, amulet, ias jewel). I don't put Shaels on the Schaefer's, prefer to use
Ohm
. An option is to put
Ohm
in one of them and an ias/ed on the other, which frees the 15 ias jewel slot on armor (for
Cham
, perhaps). You'd just need level 27
Frenzy
to meet the best frames. Bonus: you can actually run a
Crack of the Heavens
to hurt light immunes with static. The +150% LR from 2 Schaefer's allows it. I haven't found it necesaary, but it's a real option.

Schaefer's and eStormlash still requires Faith merc for best speed (or wearing 60 ias armor, which I just haven't seriously considered), but is less demanding on ias gear (only needs about 15 extra). It's a nice combination, although my OCD hates the asymmetrical AR of both weapons. The extra light res from Schaefer's is very nice and honestly it's overkill when wielding 2.

Dual eStormlash doesn't require Faith merc, but still demands 55 extra ias. What made my life easier here was just forgetting about mana leech (unless you find a GG ring with high LL, ML, AR, Resists, Life) and letting Enigma or Fortitude fill your mana with a % of the damage taken.
Raven Frost
will take your other ring slot unless you
Sacrifice
String of Ears
(your main source of DR) for a CBF
Belt
. Trying to meet the requirements of good life leech, mana leech, CBF and resistances is exhausting unless you drop some max/ar/life charms, which you direly need because Static is super awesome, but
Stormlash
's minimum damage is horrible (I know the charms only increase max, but at least the average goes up). My favorite merc for this set-up is act 5
Frenzy
barb with dual Last Wish and Hustle armor (he runs so fast and actually catches up!), but I know it's expensive.
Life Tap
is very nice, has a wide radius and I don't like to depend on
Decrepify
proc unless I'm doing cows or a very dense area. I 100% recommend Hustle armor on any merc if you're not running Enigma. Having to wait for them cuts down your dps by a lot (and it's poor QoL).

Haven't had any issues without
Conviction
, I usually trigger Static several times per pack and by the time I'm dealing with the last monsters they're all at 50% life already. Still, it might be a good combo to use Emilio with Infinity (for the -%Defense too!) and Might since eStormlash hasn't the AR bonus of Schaefer's.

Overall I find it to be a super fun and sufficiently well-performing build, even if Grief tramples everything else.
B

Sub coz i've never found a
Stormlash
but tonnes of Horizon's.

Gotta get some motivation.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

xigua 63

I build a
Frenzy
with Grief and LW in BAs and it is crazy fun. Merc is Hustle and lb.

PIs are annoying but else best trav clearer I ever build.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...