Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   531 views

Do fars monster already spawned lose "Terrorized status" when the zone turns to normal?

No data yet

Description

Do far monsters already spawned lose "Terrorized status" when the zone turns to normal?

Today I started the Terrorized
Arcane Sanctuary
, with just 2 minutes left...
Instead of killing things, I just Teleported around all the map, to spawn all monsters, in order to kill them as "terrorized" after
Arcane Sanctuary
turned back to normal (what end up happening before I finished the whole map...)
But when I runned back to kill the spawned monsters, they seems not terrorized anymore 🙁🙁 (their bar lost the "Terrorized icon").

But from previous farms, I'm sure that the monster already on screen keep "terrorized status" when the zone turns back to normal (and some near monsters too - out of sight, but game probably still count them as "close").

But seems like the monsters already spawned but far from you will lose the "terrorized status" 🙁🙁

Can anyone confirm that?
(or explain what happend to me if this "theory" is false...)
Description by fredkid

Can be used to make Runewords:

Do far monsters already spawned lose "Terrorized status" when the zone turns to normal?

Today I started the Terrorized
Arcane Sanctuary
, with just 2 minutes left...
Instead of killing things, I just Teleported around all the map, to spawn all monsters, in order to kill them as "terrorized" after
Arcane Sanctuary
turned back to normal (what end up happening before I finished the whole map...)
But when I runned back to kill the spawned monsters, they seems not terrorized anymore 🙁🙁 (their bar lost the "Terrorized icon").

But from previous farms, I'm sure that the monster already on screen keep "terrorized status" when the zone turns back to normal (and some near monsters too - out of sight, but game probably still count them as "close").

But seems like the monsters already spawned but far from you will lose the "terrorized status" 🙁🙁

Can anyone confirm that?
(or explain what happend to me if this "theory" is false...)
Answeredby Zero1873 months agoGo to post
Terrorized monsters stay terrorized if you remain within ~2 screens of them after zone change.

Also, if you throw a portal up, it will keep the monsters terrorized in the nearby area (2 screens from portal), after the zone change. Can port back to town and back and they will still be terrorized.

And for horking, the dead bodies will remain terrorized and have chance to drop sunders and such as well, after terror zone changes. For example, no rush to kill or hork council when the TZ changes, can take my sweet time on the last run :)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
In my games all (even the closest and already attacked) monsters loose terrorized-status when the zone changes.

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"
OP
I will test again with more attention to be sure on the next farm 🤔, but from what I remember when zone turns back to normal I still kill some monster with the "Terrorized icon" (after that I start to look at the bars and continue on the zone until the first group with no "Terrorized icon" - which, from my memories, I normally found after 1-2 groups)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Monsters in range for me at the time of
Terror
zone change keep their TZ status, but all others even monsters i been close to in the game if they are too far away they turn to normal monsters for me again, so my tactic is to try to get to where i want to be before TZ changes
Terrorized monsters stay terrorized if you remain within ~2 screens of them after zone change.

Also, if you throw a portal up, it will keep the monsters terrorized in the nearby area (2 screens from portal), after the zone change. Can port back to town and back and they will still be terrorized.

And for horking, the dead bodies will remain terrorized and have chance to drop sunders and such as well, after
Terror
zone changes. For example, no rush to kill or hork council when the TZ changes, can take my sweet time on the last run :)
This post was marked as the best answer.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Does the terrorized icon disappear from monsters when the zone ends?

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"

TheDoo 255

Europe PC
Zero187 wrote: 3 months ago
The TP trick also works for any loot that is dropped on the Ground but not in 2 screens radius tho (it's smaller). It is, essentially, because game is registering TP to be a player character. :)
P.S. "In D2R remastered graphics, the top of the screen is about 8 yards away and the left/right 13 yards from your character. This is considered 1 screen."

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...