Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   2782 views

Description

... and am wondering what to sock it with.
I am playing javazone that has to function as MF as I don't have any other high level chars so far.
Is
Topaz
still a viable option or do people usually do smoothing else now? Lazurk is the only guy that can sock uniques still, right?

Can be used to make Runewords:

xigua 63

... and am wondering what to sock it with.
I am playing javazone that has to function as MF as I don't have any other high level chars so far.
Is
Topaz
still a viable option or do people usually do smoothing else now? Lazurk is the only guy that can sock uniques still, right?
MF is always viable depending on how much MF you already have (diminishing returns past a point). I like big numbers so tend to go with lightning facets when possible.

And yup, Lazurk is your guy.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
OP

xigua 63

I found a 3/4 lightning facet that doesn't have much trade value anyway - I am sitting at 342 mf. So rather use the facet or a yellow Stone?

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
Yap. If you lack some resistances you can always put an
Um
in it or some lower rune for a specific res boost. :)
I actually used
Shako
a lot with my Javazon and it's completely fine. I swear you can literally run naked with like only Titan's or
Thunderstroke
or even like
Demon's Arch
and you'll be completely fine killing everything.

If you are doing MF with her and you don't have top MF gear + charms, you can gamble/shop for some
Boots
, you can often find like 30% MF
Boots
there. Shove that with
Shako
and like Rhyme shield, 2
Nagelring
and some rare/crafted +
Javelin
gloves with IAS and/or MF and a
Goldwrap
, and you will be completely set for MF farm. All of those are super cheap or easy to find anyway (well except
Shako
ig). :)

IIRC everything above values of like 250% MF is quite a waste of resources (ofc if you find them yourself and you just want to boost your MF to oblivion it's still fine to use). The true gain you get from 0 to 100 MF and even when you push it to about 250 MF is way, way, waaaaay higher than if you then go from 250 to 600+. :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Rik 132

Americas PC
xigua wrote: 4 months ago
I found a 3/4 lightning facet that doesn't have much trade value anyway - I am sitting at 342 mf. So rather use the facet or a yellow Stone?
Congrats on the find!

I think if I recall correctly, I never got to pick up my first
Shako
after it dropped from
Mephisto
. I was frantically clicking it for about a minute before a disconnect stole my joy. Might have been my second one though 🤔

Thedoo brings up the good point of diminishing returns. Reaching optimal set/unique earnings are a combination of mf and kill speed. From my experience, 342 is more than enough.

Alternatively, if you have a good replacement item, you could socket with the
Topaz
to free up another piece of equipment that is currently being used for mf. If you are using
Chance Guards
, you could instead find some ias gloves to reach the next breakpoint. Or you could replace your mf armor for Hustle, Increasing move speed and attack speed significantly, albeit at significant hit to mf, but you’d still be around 250 mf which has always been my magic number. The mobility is probably more significant, as mentioned in a post on this thread, javazons don’t want for kill speed. With Hustle and Harmony on a rogue your cows clear speed could fraction.

Heck if you’re going cows,(as A javazon I presume it so) I’d argue that going low mf is the way to go. I casually dropped an ethereal 4 socket
Mancatcher
last night in cows and those are going for
Lo
on traderie. If you found the right
Claws
you could be rich in a moment and mf would only limit the White and gray item yields. With higher clear speeds and presumably more killing at
Sacrifice
of mf, you also increase your chance of a precious high rune dropping.

Again congrats on the
Shako
. With the mf you are rockin, I suspect it to be the first of many :)
TheDoo wrote: 4 months ago
I actually used
Shako
a lot with my Javazon and it's completely fine. I swear you can literally run naked with like only Titan's or
Thunderstroke
or even like
Demon's Arch
and you'll be completely fine killing everything.
First class I ran through complete players 8 to hell w/o too much trouble lol actually insane how strong they are with or w/o a titans/tstroke.

Also for MF i'd say 100-350 is the ideal ranges after 350 it drops off hard. The same could be said from beyond 100 tho also soo. Do you with those numbers in mind. An Enigma/war travs is more than enough MF for most characters beyond 70. But obv step one, get Enigma. Sorc can get a lot because 3p Tals gives a lot, plus something like
The Oculus
gives 50 or 75 with
Ist
, on top of
Shako
with
Topaz
or
Ist
for 50-74/75 MF already giving you 100-150 just from those 2 let alone Tals/Travs/gheeds/chancies/nagels/etc

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Most classical options are indeed the one posted above :
-
Um
to boost res (but charms can do the job too usually)
- PTopaz for MF (only crazy rich guys put
Ist
for 1 more MF point)
- Facet to boost something that does elemental damage, whichever it helps your char

For having used all 3 options at variable times (started with PTopaz, thought I'd need res so
Hel
-ed / re-socketed with
Um
, finally passed to my Zon and Light-faceted), they all work for their specific use.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Hello! Congratulations on your find! I'm extremely impressed that you collected so many mfs on amazon. Share your equipment set, it would be interesting to see! I was never able to collect many MFs on my Bowazon, so I just gave up on MF =))

There are a couple more socket options (for rich people=))) -
Ber
to reduce damage, and
Cham
to cannot be frozen option, to clear ravenfrost ring slot for another ring (maybe with mf in your case =)).
OP

xigua 63

She is wearing Wealth, Rhyme,
Chance Guards
Thunderstroke
Thundergod's Vigor
Cow King's Hooves
, some crafted ring with res, ll and life - and now
Shako
with a facet.

I guess I will switch Rhyme for Spirit when I finally manage to find a suitable base for my Enigma

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...