Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2948 views

How can I discover the user id knowing only the character name?

No data yet

Description

Hi

Today, the same character entered in some of my games declaring Hostility.
I wanted to block that player, but could not figure out who was him on my "Recently Played With" list...

(I tried squelch the character, but it do not prevent it from enter on another game and - declare Hostility again...)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

Today, the same character entered in some of my games declaring Hostility.
I wanted to block that player, but could not figure out who was him on my "Recently Played With" list...

(I tried squelch the character, but it do not prevent it from enter on another game and - declare Hostility again...)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
Sadly, you can't block people from your games. Only from chatting with you.

If you want to ensure you're playing without them, you basically have to switch to private games, with all of the obvious downside that comes with those. Or switch to a different "kind of game" (e.g. baalrun to split mf or the like) or a different region while they're active and "hunting", seeing how those folks often tend to stick to the same thing for their PKing attempts.
OP
😓😓😓

OP
Is the "Recently Played With" list ordered based on the most recent players that played with you?
If so, on that situation, the first player of the list would be the one with the "bad character" (in the case where only the "bad Character" played with you on the last game).

(But, as Block will not prevent him from enter on my games 😓, this question is more for curiosity...)

ShadowHeart 1913Moderator

Europe PC
You should be able to type /whois charactername and get their BNet tag. It should work even after they've left your game, at least sometimes (I'm not entirely clear on the why/how/when, there might be a time limit, or maybe I'm imagining/misremembering that it has worked for me?). This is nigh impossible though if their character name includes characters that you can't easily type (like a name in an Asian or cyrillic language, assuming you're not also a speaker of the same language), unless there's a trick to it to make the game autocomplete/suggest character names that I'm not aware of. But as noted by Schnorki, you can't really do much with the BNet tag beyond blocking them from chatting with you (or to add them, which I guess you don't want to do in this case :P).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 4 months ago
at least sometimes (I'm not entirely clear on the why/how/when, there might be a time limit, or maybe I'm imagining/misremembering that it has worked for me?)
/whois seems to be looking for the last character of that name that you have played with. So generally, it works. However, it seems to also be looking for active characters only so as soon as that character isn't found anymore (e.g. because he went offline or switched characters), it stops working.
OP
/whois jonhdoe
works!! Thanks

And about "Recently Played With" list, It seems that it is really ordered based on the last person that you played with 👍

Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
Just read this and was thinking: God dammit would this be a nice feature blocking ppl from joining ur games. Bit by bit all those slur spammer, Pks, quest destroyer and split farm crasher would be excluded by public consent. Hopefully up to the point where public lists like the spamdomains in my /etc/hosts would emerge i fancy. Just block the sh*t out of them, but the cherry on top would be a non-descriptive message after 3min of door-screen waiting when they try joining a blocked game: "Unable to join game"...make shadowbanning in d2r real!

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
I didn't know about this, that's pretty neat. Thanks for sharing /whois

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
Blubbalutsch wrote: 4 months ago
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
Just read this and was thinking: God dammit would this be a nice feature blocking ppl from joining ur games. Bit by bit all those slur spammer, Pks, quest destroyer and split farm crasher would be excluded by public consent. Hopefully up to the point where public lists like the spamdomains in my /etc/hosts would emerge i fancy. Just block the sh*t out of them, but the cherry on top would be a non-descriptive message after 3min of door-screen waiting when they try joining a blocked game: "Unable to join game"...make shadowbanning in d2r real!
Aye, it'd be a brilliant feature in just about any game. And yet, noone (that I know of) ever implemented it.

Then again, implementing such game-blocks = happy players whereas not implementing them = happy botters = more money for blizz so...there's your reason as to why it'll never, ever happen.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...