Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   7387 views

Description

Need some advice to improve her. Finished NM and now lvl 63. She has all the BIS gear and I guess I'll try to reach lvl 70 before hell. However, she's really fragile since life Investment is a little problematic (most guides suggest really little investment on life) and after getting one shotted by the Ancients, I decided to get done advice. And of course, resists are shitty.

What to do exactly? More investment in defensive passive skills or try to be careful till the lvl 75, at where most items could be on?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Need some advice to improve her. Finished NM and now lvl 63. She has all the BIS gear and I guess I'll try to reach lvl 70 before hell. However, she's really fragile since life Investment is a little problematic (most guides suggest really little investment on life) and after getting one shotted by the Ancients, I decided to get done advice. And of course, resists are shitty.

What to do exactly? More investment in defensive passive skills or try to be careful till the lvl 75, at where most items could be on?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Would you detail what your current build is ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I have one in Hardcore mode, that works out quite well as for a priority:

#1 Resistances IF you can get the
Cap
running fort this is what I would go for over Coh 100% ,though a 60/60/XX Life Jeweler's is also Great but not cheap at all and is only really useful if you are going to run
Windforce
. Pay attention to what armor base you choose as there is a Run Walk Penalty that is not clearly stated but its -5% for medium armor and -10% for heavy armor bases.
#2 Faster Run Walk
#3 Leech for sustain ESP if you run multi as well though Guided spam for bosses can add up fast as well
#4 Ed and I value Min Damage over Max for this build as its better to close the average damage over total max, but this ofc depends on what bow you will end up using for the final build. If you go with the GMB Faith I would definately go for Min damage as the swing on this bow is quite large.
#5 IIRC the Ias Frames with the common bow types using Faith runeword are: 95% On Gear for GMB 65% on Gear For
Diamond
and Shadow Bases, and 45% on gear for Matriarchal Bases as far as fixing you frames there.

Decoy
and
Slow Missiles
are your best CC tools, with enough Run Walk you can matrix out of alot of spam.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.

mhlg 855

Americas PC
My Strafezon is my most efficient TZ Tranvical farmer because I can get in and out in under a minute. Gear and Mana/LL are really important. There are three weapons I've used that are really effective. The Cheapest is a
Witchwild String
, the next which is a better option and still quite affordable is a
Windforce
, and the last is the Faith which is expensive and roll dependent. You don't have to start with the best. A good start would be a Witchwild which can be bought with a few P gems or desirable low level runes such
Hel
. It has two sockets which you can use to help you increase damage, reach break points, or both if you have the Jewels. A fast Witchwild will proc amplified damage often and if you use an Atama's Scarab it will increase the likelyhood of Amp damage prociing. For armor I recommend a Fortitude.

Here is a video I made running Hell level Chaos with the Witchwild. So it is a bow that will get you through Hell lvl where you can farm the things you need to upgrade if you so desire.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Yea hard to get specific tips without knowing your build, but
Valkyrie
and
Decoy
work well, you can throw on Peace armour to proc a lvl 15
Valkyrie
with no skill points, super useful. Silkweaves and mana leech are really important. You could use a Hustle on weapon swap to get get the
Burst of Speed
. Then damage charms are always useful.

I found a maxed out
Magic Arrow
a great option when leveling

I dont personally like the strafeazon, with a torch procing the
Inferno
thing every 5 seconds my frame rate drops so low it stops being fun, so I’m primarily running a frostmaiden and multi shot
OP
Sorry for the missing info. She's now 63 and has Fortitude, LoH, RF ring on, Faith, Giant's
Skull
with 15 ias jewels, torch, anni waiting. Inventory is full with ed, ar, life charms.
Strafe
is about to be maxed, MS, GA maxed. All the passives has 1p. Currently using Harmony bow with +3 skills.

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 5 months ago
Sorry for the missing info. She's now 63 and has Fortitude, LoH, RF ring on, Faith, Giant's
Skull
with 15 ias jewels, torch, anni waiting. Inventory is full with ed, ar, life charms.
Strafe
is about to be maxed, MS, GA maxed. All the passives has 1p. Currently using Harmony bow with +3 skills.
Seems solid. At 65 you hit Faith, you should see a strong difference.
As for res, your charms should help, your second ring too (dual leech @res?)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 5 months ago
basicnecromancy wrote: 5 months ago
Skull
Strafe
Seems solid. At 65 you hit Faith, you should see a strong difference.
As for res, your charms should help, your second ring too (dual leech @res?)
I almost always play solo online so what's your best armor option, Fortitude or Chains of Honor? I already have nice Fortitude but could also roll a CoH.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Fort is just too good for dmg to pass up imo.

Given the right set of gear, you can push bowzon per-hit-dmg to fairly crazy levels (regardless of whether you're looking at
Strafe
or multi or both).
At the same time, you can typically get some amount of life leech (really don't need a lot) without going out of your way for it at all.

The combination of both, when built correctly, effectively means your life will typically jump back to full near instantly whenever it isn't.
As a result, all you really need to overcome said fragility, is enough life (and res) to not get 1shot. For most normal packs, that's achieved with capped res and 0 pts in vitality so...fairly easy (even on a zon, where res is def. harder than say a sorc). If you really want to eliminate any chance of dying I suppose you may want some pts in vitality after all but more often than not, you don't even need those. Unless you wanna run ubers and the like then some more life def doesn't hurt.

Additionally, once you reach higher levels of gear and said massive damage, you simply won't be getting hit anymore anyways as you can reliably annihilate anything and everything on the Edge of your screen or even off-screen (the latter more so with multi, seeing how
Strafe
at least needs them within targeting-range). So at that stage, you'd be fine with literally 1 life and -100 res. :P

The only real exception to the above is bosses, stronger undead packs or simply put just higher life stuff that makes your life leech not work. That is then either solved by running/dodging more (extending fight time) or by going the total cheese route and using dracs for lifetap, taking you right back to effective immortality so long as you keep attacking.

Personally, I tend to keep my zon either as a full dex pure bowzon (perfectly sufficient if not to say OP for anything but ubers) or if I want her to be a true ezmode all-rounder (including ubers) she gets enough dex for max block with a shield/jav on switch (for
Impale
v ubers) and then the rest in vita. The latter still leaves her with fairly solid dmg and with more than enough life (not using BO) to handle absolutely everything.
It’s a good discussion, i started playing a bit again with my frost maiden, with all her gear on she only has ~1100 life, just eniough that she doesn’t die when an enchanted creature dies and im too close
It is fragile but you can avoid being touched with gear like buriza,
Rattlecage
Howltusk
and
Cleglaw's Pincers
. I had this setup with mine strafeazon and its a fun build. But this gear is for NM tho XD
OP
Thank you all guys for the insights. I love this platform! :)

Heavy gear has been all covered here, so for my $.02 I mention some smaller items I use on my straffezon.
Amulet -
Metalgrid
, it adds high percentage to all resistances and a heavy boost to Attack Rating and Defense.
Ring 1 -
Raven Frost
for all non-
Nihlathak's Temple
and Halls areas
Ring 1 -
Nature's Peace
for
Nihlathak's Temple
and Halls
Ring 2 -
Carrion Wind
mhlg wrote: 5 months ago
...really effective. The Cheapest is a
Witchwild String
, the next which is a better option and still quite affordable is a
Windforce
, and the last is the Faith which is expensive and roll dependent. You don't have to start with the best. A good start would be a Witchwild which can be bought with a few P gems or desirable low level runes such
Hel
. It has two sockets which you can use to help you increase damage, reach break points, or both if you have the Jewels. A fast Witchwild will proc amplified damage often and if you use an Atama's Scarab it will increase the likelyhood of Amp damage prociing. For armor I recommend a Fortitude.

Here is a video I made running Hell level Chaos with the Witchwild. So it is a bow that will get you through Hell lvl where you can farm the things you need to upgrade if you so desire.

Luv my WWS - FA +
Strafe
Hybrid.

Don't do past 1 P since i 99% solo with her so i'm not worried of the DPS.
Mobility is
Key
and if nothing touches you when they stand there like icecubes..everything just shatters.
So Dex build.

Find a Perfect. upp it then sock it. Style points for the blue bow that could.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...