Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   3900 views

Description

This is why i never try playing hardcore!

Can be used to make Runewords:

This is why i never try playing hardcore!
Answeredby Zero1875 months agoGo to post
Wow, never seen it that bad there before. Looks like they were trying to throw ya a surprise party!

But yea, this sort of RNG is just another reason for me to avoid HC like the plague. My helmet goes off to anyone who can stomach it, though!
Wow, never seen it that bad there before. Looks like they were trying to throw ya a surprise party!

But yea, this sort of RNG is just another reason for me to avoid HC like the Plague. My helmet goes off to anyone who can stomach it, though!
This post was marked as the best answer.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
I've ran into similar crowded entrances many times, but my builds always survive. Perhaps we need to look at your setup a little to see that it doesn't happen again.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
This was from the first season when i started playing the game but i remember it like it was yesterday. To be said my internet connection is not the best and it had a lot to do with the Death there i think. But they did throw me one hell of a party haha. More then i ever wanted.
I played a zealer and lost my first good RW Duress on a surprise party like this. Along with the best at the date gear (not very valuable though).
Were the red goat-men and they jumped on me and 2 seconds later I was dead.

Tried to rescue my body and equiped a spare set of gear but the mobs had other plans for me.
Never got my body back and lost my primary gear (didn't know at that time to instant quit and retrive the body in town). I was quite upset, I had a difficult time to start playing again, but soon it was all coming back.
I lost a level 97, decked out light sorc at the throne room entrance to a pack of extra fast, extra strong,
Fanaticism
Death lords posted about 2 inches from the entrance. Outside of Disconnect deaths it was my worst, I walked away from the game for 2 weeks. So I get why people shy away from HC esp online, but having a permadeath condition to the game adds a level of atmosphere that's well worth the risk in my opinion but that's my 2 cents anyway.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
This is one of reasons why I play hardcore.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3188Moderator

PC
That's the kind of randomness I'd quite enjoy having to plan for actually.

Now if only Death-to-bug and Death-to-random-lag-and-disconnect weren't a constant threat...
Yeah, almost lost my HC amazon to bad spawn of
Lord De Seis
and gang when popping the seal.
That was really scary and now im always afraid when popping the seals in there =P

Do you know anything about Hackers?
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?

Schnorki 3188Moderator

PC
Keinia wrote: 5 months ago
Lord De Seis
That was really scary and now im always afraid when popping the seals in there =P
I do kind of wonder how many people ended up losing their HC chars to a surprise-de-seis when they broke the spawn point and made his pack randomly appear in places that had been reliably safe and established waiting points for 20 years while the animation for it still played in the normal old spawn location.
Schnorki wrote: 5 months ago
Keinia wrote: 5 months ago
Lord De Seis
I do kind of wonder how many people ended up losing their HC chars to a surprise-de-seis when they broke the spawn point and made his pack randomly appear in places that had been reliably safe and established waiting points for 20 years while the animation for it still played in the normal old spawn location.
I would personally love to see a compilation video of peoples reactions to that when they first noticed it, gave me the jumps for sure when I stumbled on to it. :D

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
Extra Fast Extra Strong Aura Enchanted Cursed Mob are one of the worst.

They move like on steroids.
They either have Might or Fanatism.
Extra Strong means GG.
Curse isn't anything new in Hell but the above effects get multiplied.

TZ maps make them go even faster e.g Stimpack marines D2 Style

And if they are Death Lords..my oh my.

Gives your ES Immortal Sorc a run for their monehhhhh

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
A similar thing happened to my straffezon at the entry WP to
Black Marsh
TZ in hell difficulty when a bunch of Wailing Beasts pumped up with Fanatisism were lurking there. By the time the screen loaded for action, she was dead.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation