Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   3692 views

Description

Hello D2 Community !

I often see people with level 98 standing with
Ondal's Wisdom
, and with double experience shrine, I always wonder where they are in a hurry?,
Yes, I understand it's possible to just take your own achievement.
Take - 99 done and check the V (X) - 99 in d2 done, my life is completed.
and what's next?
I just stopped playing for this character and go to them only to help beginners at the level of normal and nightmare or rushing....

now that my favorite character is level 99, I don't play with him anymore, I know for sure that the next character I have pumped up to level 98, I will not rush to take 99 from him so that he does not hurry to replenish the dusty shelf

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
Hello D2 Community !

I often see people with level 98 standing with
Ondal's Wisdom
, and with double experience shrine, I always wonder where they are in a hurry?,
Take - 99 done and check the V (X) - 99 in d2 done, my life is completed.
and what's next?
I just stopped playing for this character and go to them only to help beginners at the level of normal and nightmare or rushing....

now that my favorite character is level 99, I don't play with him anymore, I know for sure that the next character I have pumped up to level 98, I will not rush to take 99 from him so that he does not hurry to replenish the dusty shelf

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
When i reached lvl 99 i didnt stop to play with that char (ES
Nova
sorc) because i like to play it, why stop playing your favorite character just because it hit 99 ?

but atm its on a 'break' since it is on non ladder and i play ladder again, i probably wont play next ladder unless there is something new in it and its something i think could be 'fun'

I think having a few different 'fun' classes to play with is great so its not always the same.
OP

Bass 76

Illusions wrote: 5 months ago
When i reached lvl 99 i didnt stop to play with that char (ES
Nova
sorc) because i like to play it, why stop playing your favorite character just because it hit 99 ?

but atm its on a 'break' since it is on non ladder and i play ladder again, i probably wont play next ladder unless there is something new in it and its something i think could be 'fun'

I think having a few different 'fun' classes to play with is great so its not always the same.
and I somehow "fell" to play for the same character, thanks for the "look from the other side"

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
My personal biggest pain in diablo 2 is to die and to loose experience. That annoys me so so much.
Being level 99 will be a mental liberation for me :D

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702

Schnorki 3211Moderator

PC
I dare say the traditional ondals
Baal
leech you see isn't so much about rushing as it is about the fact that up until not too long ago (pre-TZ), baalruns were the only real way to get to 99, short of being some rando streamer type with enough folks carrying your ass by prepping dia, nihl and
Baal
repeatedly.

If all you do is baalruns, by the time you hit 98 (or well before then even), you kind of get tired of them and just want it to be over. Even if you do otherwise still enjoy playing that same char. Hence you start doing whatever is the fastest way there.
That's ondals for more xp. Leeching 2 steps back to not get insta-wrecked if lister does do his 1-in-20940294 affix combination spawn that just kills the entire party as soon as he gets hit. And either running a quick solo CS/dia while folks get to throne or using that same time to get an xp shrine instead. Or both, if you're good enough.

At the same time, now that TZs exist, I honestly don't know why anyone would still bother with chaining baalruns at 98. Just unnecessarily painful. :)
Also, PVP is a thing, a big thing, at level 99 you’ve got the most skills and stats to play with, giving you a huge advantage over someone lower in levels
OP

Bass 76

Nate2.0 wrote: 5 months ago
Also, PVP is a thing, a big thing, at level 99 you’ve got the most skills and stats to play with, giving you a huge advantage over someone lower in levels
PVP this is generally a separate story... I hope the creators of the site will hold some kind of "local tournament" among the users of the site, I think there would be enough people to participate and those who would cover all this on YouTube too...

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
I'm currently level 88 with my sorc and leveling is already a real pain and absolutely no fun to me. Thinking of getting higher levels and taking EVEN LONGER gives me nightmares.

And don't you dare dying ...

Anyway, running
Terror
Zones is fun. :)

Cheers!
Bass wrote: 5 months ago
For console players it is not just their own personal achievement, but an official one. There is even one for lvl 99 on HC!
Unfortunately, we, PC players, are a second class players and have no achievements at all.
Nate2.0 wrote: 5 months ago
This is (obviously) also true for PvM. And especially for weapon-based builds, both PvM and PvP, as the clvl is used in the hit chance formula.

Schnorki 3211Moderator

PC
Trang Oul wrote: 5 months ago
Unfortunately, we, PC players, are a second class players and have no achievements at all.
Fortunately I would say.

Genuinely curious actually, am I the only one who has hated the idea of achievements ever since they were first introduced to games?
I much prefer setting my own goals over "here's a list of largely boring, annoying and pointless stuff you have to do to get these arbitrary checkmarks, enjoy!".
OP

Bass 76

Schnorki wrote: 5 months ago
Trang Oul wrote: 5 months ago
Fortunately I would say.

Genuinely curious actually, am I the only one who has hated the idea of achievements ever since they were first introduced to games?
I much prefer setting my own goals over "here's a list of largely boring, annoying and pointless stuff you have to do to get these arbitrary checkmarks, enjoy!".

I especially like the 99 level on HC ^)

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Schnorki wrote: 5 months ago
It depends. There are achievements, like level 99 on HC, and "achievements" like completing Act I (too easy to be meaningful) and killing 100 000 enemies (not difficult, but only time-consuming).
Because ... why not? It saves a lot of time! Experience shrine alone gives you 50% more xp.
On ladder, it is a race to 99 so the sooner you reach 99 the better it is.

Reaching 99 is one of many goals that exist in D2 (holy grail, min max things, speedrun and so on).
You can find it is pointless and other players would find the same to people who search for a perfect upped viper or 45life skiller.

Relax and have fun!
I always viewed 99 as pure vanity. Even with respects to the ladder it's a way to separate yourself from others and that's all.
I've never made it past 94 personally, even then only a few times. Usually will get one character to 93 for crafting, then they end up getting one more eventual level from random runs. Slows down too much for me to ever consider 99.

So misunderstood, but what's a world without Enigma?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...