Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   2284 views

Physical attack builds - Skiller or Sharp Grand Charm?

No data yet

Description

Hi

In general (and in special for Fury Druids πŸ˜ƒ) what is normally best to keep on inventory:
Sharp Grand Charm
or
Skiller Grand Charm
?

I dropped my 1st good Sharp Grand Charm (10 max 62 AR), and according to maxroll calculator, if I replaced my Shapeshifting Grand Charm, my damage will be reduced (-0.08%), my life will be reduced (-1.64), my life steal will be reduced (1 less
Feral Rage
stack on max) and my AR increased (3.95%)...
Description by fredkid

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

In general (and in special for Fury Druids πŸ˜ƒ) what is normally best to keep on inventory:
Sharp Grand Charm
or
Skiller Grand Charm
?

I dropped my 1st good Sharp Grand Charm (10 max 62 AR), and according to maxroll calculator, if I replaced my Shapeshifting Grand Charm, my damage will be reduced (-0.08%), my life will be reduced (-1.64), my life steal will be reduced (1 less
Feral Rage
stack on max) and my AR increased (3.95%)...

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
More often than not, sharp beats skillers.
Though exceptions do exist.

Generally speaking, physical builds tend to start out (before charms) with quite a lot of %ED just from skills used, things like Fortitude and so on.
Flat damage on the other hand tends to be a lot less comparatively (often times merely what your weapon offers by itself).

Since in simplest terms, flat damage and %ED multiply with each other, you get more out of increasing the one that's currently comparatively lower, making the flat damage on sharp better than comparable %ED from a skill level increase.
At the same time, for most of those skills/builds, 1 level tends to be less AR than a sharp charm on top of that.

Just how true that is though depends on the actual skill (combination) being used as there are cases where a skill level offers so much of an increase that it may outweigh a sharp charm after all. If you look at a Fury druid specifically for example, a skiller will not just get you more ED and AR on Fury (and more hits if you start out low enough) but it will actually double-dip in that it also buffs
Werewolf
for even more AR and some attack speed. In cases like that, where it hits more than just your main skill, it becomes a lot more likely for a skiller to actually be better (even without considering non-dmg benefits like the added life from higher
Lycanthropy
).

The real impact of either a sharp charm or a skiller is very much dependent on your build and your other gear so while in most cases, in my experience, sharp is far superior to +skill, you do have to evaluate that for your build specifically to really get a correct answer.
OP
πŸ‘πŸ‘
Another point' for 2h users (like many Fury Druids) your base weapon damage is already huge, so +10 max (in percentage of the base) is lower compared to 1h users (many times like half)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation