Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1549 views

Description

Hi

Question, is it worth put a the magic sunder charm on a hammerdin and if so does the % make a big difference

thanks in advance

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

Question, is it worth put a the magic sunder charm on a hammerdin and if so does the % make a big difference

thanks in advance

Necrarch 1769Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Black Cleft
is considered bad, as there are no other sources of - enemy magic res - immunes will still have 95% res.

And the impact on yourself, even with the best values, is big.

Finally, there are very few magic immunes (mummies) except if you do Ubers where the Pitlords are a pain (but then you have 1 point in
Smite
and can
Smite
them down, or count on your merc).

In summary : usually not worth it, except if you absolutely need to use Hammers to deal with the few remaining monsters instead of hitting them with anything else.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 6 months ago
Black Cleft
is considered bad, as there are no other sources of - enemy magic res - immunes will still have 95% res.

Finally, there are very few magic immunes (mummies) except if you do Ubers where the Pitlords are a pain (but then you have 1 point in
Smite
and can
Smite

In summary : usually not worth it, except if you absolutely need to use Hammers to deal with the few remaining monsters instead of hitting them with anything else.
This is only real practical application would be for wave 2 kills in the throne room in act 5.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
I can only remember one situation where i had problems with magic immunes.
Before i switched to
Smite
on my singleplayer paladin, i tried to level as hammerdin in baalruns. My merc was really bad and i had problems with the 2nd wave.
I don't know if the Magic Sunder is useful here.
Xanhast70 wrote: 6 months ago
Black Cleft

Smite
and can
Smite

This is only real practical application would be for wave 2 kills in the throne room in act 5.
Have you tested this?
Arachnid wrote: 6 months ago
Xanhast70 wrote: 6 months ago
Black Cleft

Smite
and can
Smite

Have you tested this?
Yes it does work but its so slow that your almost better off just using
Holy Bolt
honestly

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.

Deleted User 63530 0

Hi. I have hammerdin on 97. i use zakarum 199. Still i have 127 fcr. To make life easier in second wave of
Baal
i use
Smite
and in last days i change my merc Insight base to tresher +
Andariel
face with 15ias/fire res. He have lower dmg now but attack speed is higher. I think about using giant tresher ,to change this dmg. In true only sometimes this wave is problematic. Thats depend from what boss whas spawned. I choose enemys for merc by
Teleport
. And in time when he kill this making summons i kill skeletons.
ochh i forgot say that i dont use sunder charm on him... And i even almost always have 6free slots in inventory for grabing loot.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...