Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   2933 views

Description

Need help, meph kicked my smiter's ass and i cant recive the body, can someone please help me kill them ? on ladder

Can be used to make Runewords:

Need help, meph kicked my smiter's ass and i cant recive the body, can someone please help me kill them ? on ladder

keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the Ground.
Hallsingland wrote: 5 months ago
I've sent you a request
OP
Arachnid wrote: 5 months ago
Hallsingland wrote: 5 months ago
I've sent you a request
Thank you so much for the help. youre the man ;).

keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the Ground.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
You might know this but in case you don't. Always make your Uber games password protected in lobby. That way if you die you can exit, rejoin, and recover your body in town.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Is this a d2r thing? I remember not doing this in lod because the game always seem to disappear on me. And especially when trying to transfer items.
No. In Lod the game had to be up a certain amount of time(5 mins i think) so you could switch without the game disappearing.

In d2r there's no time limit on how long the game has to be up, so it is safe to switch. Though i do not know how long the game stays up, when you're in the lobby.

Trade Ladder only

As for my Pg Yard Sale:
Accepting instead of
Perfect Gems
a Mix:

Perfect Amethyst
= 1
Hel
= 2
Ral
= 4
Nef
= 4
Perfect Gems
Ah I see. Thanks for the Insight.
Shakumen wrote: 5 months ago
No. In Lod the game had to be up a certain amount of time(5 mins i think) so you could switch without the game disappearing.

In d2r there's no time limit on how long the game has to be up, so it is safe to switch. Though i do not know how long the game stays up, when you're in the lobby.

so as long as you have a password set on an online game you can just quit and rejoin, pick up your corpse and the portal will still be there?

this whole time i never knew this. but this would be very helpful in case i ever screw up on ubers.

i never create online games but this seems like it could be a good reason to if this is the case. i would have just figured that if you're the only one in the game and you leave, the game would just disappear. this is good to know.

Please do not send friend requests without posting.

ShadowHeart 1744Moderator

Europe PC
idrankyourbeer wrote: 5 months ago
so as long as you have a password set on an online game you can just quit and rejoin, pick up your corpse and the portal will still be there?
Yes. Your Town Portal will be gone (if you had any), but the red portals will still be there. And in fact, you can rejoin games created with the "Play" button too. In that case, the game name & password will be auto-generated by the game, you can see it on the party menu (P
Key
) by clicking the eye symbol (it only shows the password, but the game name is the same).

Games stay up for several minutes regardless of how long you were in the game before leaving. In fact, if you get disconnected while creating a game (before you even load into it, it happens sometimes, especially when playing off-region), despite only seeing the loading screen and never actually seeing your character in-game, you can typically rejoin those games too (depends on at what stage the disconnect occurred). Also, I've often switched regions for a trade only to come back to my own region and find that my game is still up.

One thing to keep in mind though - if you leave a game and either create a new game or join another game than the one you left, the game that you left originally will be instantly closed (if it's still empty). The servers make sure that there is only one game up per B.Net account (per region). It gets slightly more complex when multiple people/accounts join the same game - a game will only be closed when all accounts that were in it have created/joined another game, or if it's been empty for X minutes (not sure what the time limit actually is).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
When you create a game from the charakterscreen it also sets a gamename and a password.
You can see the gamename on the partyscreen via pressing P (by default).
Should look like Game12412323562. Password is the same again.

You can rejoin those games from the lobby.
Even if I personally would only do it that way in exceptional cases. And only after testing it a few times.
ShadowHeart wrote: 5 months ago
Games stay up for several minutes regardless of how long you were in the game before leaving. In fact, if you get disconnected while creating a game (before you even load into it, it happens sometimes, especially when playing off-region), despite only seeing the loading screen and never actually seeing your character in-game, you can typically rejoin those games too (depends on at what stage the disconnect occurred). Also, I've often switched regions for a trade only to come back to my own region and find that my game is still up.

One thing to keep in mind though - if you leave a game and either create a new game or join another game than the one you left, the game that you left originally will be instantly closed (if it's still empty). The servers make sure that there is only one game up per B.Net account (per region). It gets slightly more complex when multiple people/accounts join the same game - a game will only be closed when all accounts that were in it have created/joined another game, or if it's been empty for X minutes (not sure what the time limit actually is).
I didn't know that before.
But that explains why some of the games are closed after a short time.
Yes. Your Town Portal will be gone (if you had any), but the red portals will still be there. And in fact, you can rejoin games created with the "Play" button too. In that case, the game name & password will be auto-generated by the game, you can see it on the party menu (P
Key
) by clicking the eye symbol (it only shows the password, but the game name is the same).

the more you know...

the other thing is wondering, maybe i should just suicide a character and try it out, but i have two pc's and two different accounts.....lets say i die or something.....i could join into the game on my other account on a character that's on the same difficulty, and then leave the game on my dead character and rejoin back into the game through my friends list and my other account, i'm assuming i'd be able to pick up my corpse in town and keep on going?

this way i wouldnt even have to deal with any lobbies at all. would it work like that? i never really thought about it that way before.

Europe PC
the other thing is wondering, maybe i should just suicide a character and try it out, but i have two pc's and two different accounts.....lets say i die or something.....i could join into the game on my other account on a character that's on the same difficulty, and then leave the game on my dead character and rejoin back into the game through my friends list and my other account, i'm assuming i'd be able to pick up my corpse in town and keep on going?

this way i wouldnt even have to deal with any lobbies at all. would it work like that? i never really thought about it that way before.
Yes, that totally works too, if you prefer that over making named lobby games. Maybe it feels more safe having another account holding on to the game while you leave and rejoin? - I totally get that.

You can easily experiment with this all you want under controlled conditions. Just make a game, not to do Ubers or anything, just to try out the leaving and rejoining bit.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
the more you know...

Yes, it should work this way if the "friendlist join" option is enabled.

Yes, that totally works too, if you prefer that over making named lobby games. Maybe it feels more safe having another account holding on to the game while you leave and rejoin? - I totally get that.

You can easily experiment with this all you want under controlled conditions. Just make a game, not to do Ubers or anything, just to try out the leaving and rejoining bit.
yeah thats definately something to keep in mind. i didnt even know that the games will stay up after i left. i figured i would have to ask someone on my friends list to help me out. i didnt even think about using my other account and just joining back in that way. but that seems like a better alternative than starting an uber game in the lobby and then trying to find it again if things end up going south for me.

Europe PC
but that seems like a better alternative than starting an uber game in the lobby and then trying to find it again if things end up going south for me.
Personally, I prefer the lobby and use a simple naming scheme for my games - abcd1, abcd2, abcd3, etc (I don't use "abcd" in particular, I use another sequence of letters, it's just an example) with the same game password everytime (4 letters/numbers, not the same as in the game name). That way I only need to remember the number in the game name :)

mhlg 840

Americas PC

yeah thats definately something to keep in mind. i didnt even know that the games will stay up after i left. i figured i would have to ask someone on my friends list to help me out. i didnt even think about using my other account and just joining back in that way. but that seems like a better alternative than starting an uber game in the lobby and then trying to find it again if things end up going south for me.

Try this! Make a game in lobby with a simple name and password. As a replacement for Ubers and for fun, go kill Eldritch or Shenk or both in act 5. Pick up one of their drops, return to town, identify it and drop it to the Ground where you would find your body if you were recovering it. Leave the game, and then use your game name and password to log back into the game, and you will be able to retrieve the item you left on the Ground. :D

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation