Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   3101 views

Description

Hey, as many of you know, my main char is a level 93 Bone necro that I have lovingly levelled up for a long time.

He has soloed every content in the game, can handle pretty fine all the levels even in TZs.

He has done several times (9, I think, as I keep my standards) Ubers... but not alone, with my Pally and Sorc buddies.

Was now time (considering wife is away for a week ^^) for Ubers. Yesterday, did the mini ones.
Izual
went fine and steady.
Lilith
was, unsurprisingly, way tougher - had to go get some Urdars to finish her.
Duriel
was... far. Killed tons of worms and insects before reaching him... and he died.

Tonight, was time for
Uber Tristram
. Check all fine, 300 light res especially (removing
Gheed
/ Identify / keys, replacing my beloved
Boneshade
by Hoto...), go get some Urdars, lure Meph...

But where is Meph ? No idea, he must have gone to a party. Anyway,
Baal
shows up, I blow 3/4 of his life and his effigy (damn it, did not see the real one!) before my Urdars expire. Go get more, finish him, fortunately he did not regenerate too soon (50% still away).

Go get more Urdars (good I remade my game twice to ensure they are in
River of Flame
, that supplied all except last run). Then, TP around... ah, Meph, finally you're... Ouch, Azrael's been one-shot.
Ok, let's go... he falls quickly, I still have time to go see Big D... hmmm, not too bad, but the pitlords immune to everything are annoying. Back in town,
Revive
, re-skel, re-urdars, re-go. He regenerates wayyy faster than the other two, and finally he dies. Clear the few monsters, ID the torch (a not crazy but not terrible 13/13 Pal) and now I am done.

Finished the last piece of contents missing for my number 1 char. Wow, feels good ! :)

Next : do the same with the number 2 (
Natalya
Chaos sin), currently at 89, but I need to redo my full rejuv store first (something like 25 must have been drunk).

Ah, and still have time to catch the 1am DClone ^^

Thanks for having listened to my story. Was challenging, but did it. ^^

Conclusion : As necro, you need 1 point in
Revive
and 1 point in Decrep to do Ubers :) (and enough + skills, I had 18 in revives overall... and Enigma to TP), my level 40 synergized
Bone Spear
was... almost useless !
Description by Necrarch

Can be used to make Runewords:

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Hey, as many of you know, my main char is a level 93 Bone necro that I have lovingly levelled up for a long time.

He has soloed every content in the game, can handle pretty fine all the levels even in TZs.

He has done several times (9, I think, as I keep my standards) Ubers... but not alone, with my Pally and Sorc buddies.

Was now time (considering wife is away for a week ^^) for Ubers. Yesterday, did the mini ones.
Izual
went fine and steady.
Lilith
was, unsurprisingly, way tougher - had to go get some Urdars to finish her.
Duriel
was... far. Killed tons of worms and insects before reaching him... and he died.

Tonight, was time for
Uber Tristram
. Check all fine, 300 light res especially (removing
Gheed
/ Identify / keys, replacing my beloved
Boneshade
by Hoto...), go get some Urdars, lure Meph...

But where is Meph ? No idea, he must have gone to a party. Anyway,
Baal
shows up, I blow 3/4 of his life and his effigy (damn it, did not see the real one!) before my Urdars expire. Go get more, finish him, fortunately he did not regenerate too soon (50% still away).

Go get more Urdars (good I remade my game twice to ensure they are in
River of Flame
, that supplied all except last run). Then, TP around... ah, Meph, finally you're... Ouch, Azrael's been one-shot.
Ok, let's go... he falls quickly, I still have time to go see Big D... hmmm, not too bad, but the pitlords immune to everything are annoying. Back in town,
Revive
, re-skel, re-urdars, re-go. He regenerates wayyy faster than the other two, and finally he dies. Clear the few monsters, ID the torch (a not crazy but not terrible 13/13 Pal) and now I am done.

Finished the last piece of contents missing for my number 1 char. Wow, feels good ! :)

Next : do the same with the number 2 (
Natalya
Chaos sin), currently at 89, but I need to redo my full rejuv store first (something like 25 must have been drunk).

Ah, and still have time to catch the 1am DClone ^^

Thanks for having listened to my story. Was challenging, but did it. ^^

Conclusion : As necro, you need 1 point in
Revive
and 1 point in Decrep to do Ubers :) (and enough + skills, I had 18 in revives overall... and Enigma to TP), my level 40 synergized
Bone Spear
was... almost useless !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
How long was your whole endeavor, including the first three?
OP

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Little more than an hour yesterday, about same today.

I suppose a decent Pally will do that in 2x10 minutes :) (but hidden
Duriel
did not help).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
First off: congrats! Thatā€™s a well deserved torch!

But I feel you dude! My Bone necro has all best in slot gear and he suuuuuuuuuuuucks. (C tier at best - can totally clear all content, even at P7/8, just really slow). I even have a rare +5
Bone Spear
necro head ssf with +all res, increased blocking, faster block rate, its probably the best single item Iā€™ve ever found(only missing FCR). Ive also tried him with full 200 FCRā€¦meh

I even tried the Brand wielding Bone necro ā€¦ not really better or worse, just a different style.

Bone Spear
/
Teeth
/
Bone Spirit
need a buff. Or maybe a curse re-work/buff.

IMAO Necro and barb suffer from stagnancy: for necro itā€™s like everything but CE is niche or a waste, and barbsā€¦ well a Mosaic assassin is what in my mind a fully equipped barb should be like, not just relegated to gold and rune farming in
Travincal
!

Honestly my fav necro is the renegade Arbalist (shameless plug, i know), and even though i think heā€™s great i don't know if he can do Ubers.
That's very strange you had such experiences. It's quite some time that I've played a BS Necro but I remember him actually working great. And with BS being magic damage (it is right?) That's no wonder.

I mean yeah it's not as Areal as a hammerdin but really, the damage type alone should really make him at least above average for clearing content

Yeah sure it can get easier or faster with different chars/builds but I've definitely also had worse

Also Bone Necro is awesome in PVP

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
OP

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Bone necro can do every single contents in the game in P1 (and now I know, even Ubers). That is his strength. The few magic immunes, send Amplify and Azrael and skellies / revives will do the job with only 1 point in all but
Fire Golem
(useless) Summon skills.

For someone taking 2 years to level up 3 chars, that's perfect.

However, he is definitely NOT the guy you want to do quick farming.

And as said above, he is great in PvP too, pretty much for the same reason.

Annihilus
i still believe
Uber Tristram
was ment for coop play if u have caster as main , takes 5 min tops for
Tristram
with a meat shield aka paladin / barb , since blizzard also made wow , there you have tank healer dps the holy triangle , guess same goes here insane dps for casters but if unprotected , really can struggle

TheDoo 228

Europe PC
Congratz! Now some serious question(s)... I heard you can make a massive bonewall on Ubers and do them from the distance with
Bone Spear
, is there any truth in that?

Also did someone ever tried toxic pokey Necro (as in full melee with
Poison Dagger
) and if yes can he do everything except Ubers on P1? :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Bonewall or
Bone Prison
to separate them (the 3 / from their minions), I think this works. But the
Spear
does not do enough damage in my case (perhaps with 80 skill points in it ?) to make it reasonable, while Urdars do so much the trick.

So
Bone Prison
+ TP next to UberX and tons of Urdars may work indeed. Enigma definitely helps a ton, and high light res as long as Meph is alive (300) too.

Annihilus
Thanks to sunder charms, all build should be able to solo Ubers.
Merc with CB, OW to remove 90% life pool then your damage for the last 10%.

Relax and have fun!
Congratz! Just curious: Can the full immune balrogs be revived with their full immunity?
OP

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
In
Uber Tristram
, all monsters summoned by the 3 brothers cannot be revived, they have to come from outside... except when the 3 are dead, discovered that yesterday, so I could use them to clear out last monsters after.

However, you could technically bring some found in
Izual
mini Uber red portal.

No idea if they keep their immunity but that does not matter at all : with one point in Revives, one in
Skeleton Mastery
and one in
Summon Resist
(making it each ~17 or 18 with + skills in my case), I just have never seen any Revives actually dying, they just expire due to the timer or you reviving another guy (then oldest dies) or your skills reducing like CtA expiring (losing one or two when switching to recast).

Seen a video where a summoner brings something like 20 cows 20 urdars in Uber T and speedrunning the brothers. That does work :D

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...