+
Lo
?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 13

Description

Thanks to today's CS TZ gifting me
Jah
, I'm ready to make Ice for my frost maiden. I have a +3 GMB ready to go, but curious if I should hold out for a superior. The primary damage comes from the skill, but the added physical damage from the base should help with leech, yes?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Thanks to today's CS TZ gifting me
Jah
, I'm ready to make Ice for my frost maiden. I have a +3 GMB ready to go, but curious if I should hold out for a superior. The primary damage comes from the skill, but the added physical damage from the base should help with leech, yes?

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
TL;DR
Matriarchal Bow
Ice >
Grand Matron Bow
Ice

You can reach a better breakpoint with MB at 75 IAS which is easily doable (gloves, amulet, bow, jewel in nightwing). 80% to 90% of your damage comes from the cold enchantment, so faster attacks are better than ones dealing extra hundred physical on the maximum side of range for gmb.

1) Superiority of the base has next to no implications on the final phys dmg here, and therefore hardly affects leeching. The 25% to 30% cold dmg does.

2) Unless you plan to reroll some, the ED bonus at 140-210 will screw you over more often than not, sup or no sup.

3) Superior 4-socket +3 skill bows are incredibly expensive. If you were waiting for a
Jah
to make it, are you going to wait fot several more
Jah
to buy the base? Unless SSF.

I have 2 Ice MB, one at 157ED dealing some 150-390 phys, one at 203ED dealing around 180-450 phys, so almost 50% ED on the base translates to not even a hundred extra in absolute numbers. Ew.

Good luck with the roll in either scenario you go with.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
+1 on the Mat bow, that's what I use on my assassin (trap + WW with Chaos)'s a1 merc.

The quicker speed makes it better than the GMB for that use - except of course if you already reach the top breakpoint from the remainder of your gear, but it's not easy.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Nate 534

Switch
Yea superior base isnā€™t worth the cost & stress. While i agree that mat bow is technically better, with a decent set-up youā€™ll still be killing crazy fast with either option. For my frost maiden i also want to take the Infinity from my merc and give him an Insight, mana regen saps kill speed. I even tried re-rolling the maidenā€™s stats for a max dexterity set-up to try and optimize her leach: it was a waste of a token.

I recommend instead of spending the funds on a superior bow use them on other good sources of +mana/kill

Enjoy! Sheā€™s a fun build!

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Tried
Silkweave
? They usually help a lot for mana per kill

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Nate 534

Switch
Oh yea, silkweaves, gore riders and war travellers: pretty much every one of my characters uses one of those 3ā€¦ maybe the aldur set
Boots
OP
Thanks all for your input. My takeaway is, if I happen to find a 15% sup GMB, sell it.

Finding a +3
Matriarchal Bow
is trickier than I thought. Been farming hell cows on a 0% mf toon for a bit, no +3 yet. Stocking up on cube fodder to roll one when I get it and hope that 1-in-5 shot comes through first try.

I appreciate the votes to go for it. If I don't find the ideal bow in the next few days, I likely will.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
cristobal03 wrote: 6 months ago
Thanks all for your input. My takeaway is, if I happen to find a 15% sup GMB, sell it.

Finding a +3
Matriarchal Bow
is trickier than I thought. Been farming hell cows on a 0% mf toon for a bit, no +3 yet. Stocking up on cube fodder to roll one when I get it and hope that 1-in-5 shot comes through first try.

I appreciate the votes to go for it. If I don't find the ideal bow in the next few days, I likely will.
Are you building this char SCNL? I've got a 4os
Matriarchal Bow
+3.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
OP
Appreciate the offer, but it's less fun if I don't find it myself. It'll come, I'm a patient guy :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...