Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   5973 views

Act 5 random monsters, are they the same when you start a new game little time after exit another?

No data yet

Description

Hi

I started doing
Baal
runs on the last days, and kept the impression that the monster types on Act 5, that I thought were randonlly new for each game, were acctually almost the same (on a specific area) when I doing 2-3 games in sequence.

As if the monster types choosen for an area were kept the same over a period of time (similar to
Terror
Zones)

I noticed that, because, more than once I tried to started a new game to change some anoying monster type, and it and the other 2-3 types choosen for the area, seemed to keep the same...

Only when I try to to run other areas and come back to the first area on another late game, the monster types had changed...

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

I started doing
Baal
runs on the last days, and kept the impression that the monster types on Act 5, that I thought were randonlly new for each game, were acctually almost the same (on a specific area) when I doing 2-3 games in sequence.

As if the monster types choosen for an area were kept the same over a period of time (similar to
Terror
Zones)

I noticed that, because, more than once I tried to started a new game to change some anoying monster type, and it and the other 2-3 types choosen for the area, seemed to keep the same...

Only when I try to to run other areas and come back to the first area on another late game, the monster types had changed...

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

ShadowHeart 1747Moderator

Europe PC
The guest monsters are not completely random. Each area has a list of which guest monsters can appear there (but it should be random from that list). Some areas favor archers/ranged, for example. I don't think there's any correlation between going to other areas and coming back, it's just RNG, you can get weird stretches sometimes.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
In the past I normally just created Solo/Closed games...
and the feeling is that each game the monsters were different in the same area on Act 5 - limited from a list yes, but a different set of monsters on each game.

Recently I started to create Lobby games and now the feeling is that the same "set" of monsters repeats for 2-3 games...
(like 3 games in row with Burning Soul, or 3 games na row with poison mage skeletons)

But may be just "luck" :-P
or false impressions, as we probably tend to "remember more" when we don't like the monsters spawned...

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Arreat Summit
shows the list of monsters that appear in each act, including guest monsters.

"Guest Monsters:
In Nightmare and Hell Difficulty, Act V becomes inhabited with the stragglers of previous demon armies which you have fought in the past. The types of enemies that appear are random. They are also more powerful than in previous Acts. By the inclusion of these "guest monsters" Act V in Nightmare and Hell truly becomes an amalgam of all of the Acts in the game, and the ultimate challenge to Diablo II players."

https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/m ... act5.shtml

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation